Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    By that logic, if somebody gets murdered the police shouldn't investigate until somebody asks them to.
    No, by that logic murder shouldn't ever be investigated to begin with. After all, a dead victim can't call for an investigation!

The reality is that the state prosecutes victimless crimes all the time, and will also sometimes prosecute a crime against the express wishes of the victim if they believe that it's needed. That's expressly part of the DA's job.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I don't think it should be up to a DA to files charged on their own initiative for political gain when the alleged victims are not seeking relief.

When the membership of the NRA (who would be the only victims) call for a criminal investigation, there should be one. Until then, it is clearly politically motivated and not worthy of concern.
    Me thinks you don't understand the legal system in America do you?

BTW you should really drop this feeble attempt to make this a "political initiative" thing, its embarrassing.

So I think these people are victims trying to get an investigation started and charges filed....

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/23/polit...ial/index.html

In a letter to NRA leadership Monday, four board members called for an "outside professional to conduct an independent, internal investigation and confidential audit into the allegations of financial misconduct."

https://www.newsweek.com/nra-lawsuit...-fraud-1453280

NRA Donor Files Multi-Million Dollar Lawsuit, Accuses Gun Rights Group of Fraud and Financial Waste

major donor to the National Rifle Association (NRA) has filed a federal lawsuit against the gun-rights group alleging fraud and financial misconduct at the highest levels of the organization. The donor, David Dell'Aquila, is also seeking to have his litigation classified as a class-action lawsuit, which could allow potentially millions of NRA donors to recover payments if the suit is resolved in their favor.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    If only those same police did not abuse "their job" while, you know policing the area....

- - - Updated - - -
    What abuse? Picking up people near Federal buildings and then returning them a few hours later when they realize they are not suspects? The horror of enforcing federal laws am i right.

But officials in Washington said they had clear authority. Customs and Border Protection, which sent tactical border agents to Portland, cited 40 U.S. Code 1315, which under the Homeland Security Act of 2002 gives the department’s secretary the power to deputize other federal agents to assist the Federal Protective Service in protecting federal property, such as the courthouse in Portland.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/17/u...d-arrests.html
    lol and if you are facing a mob with guns too, how much protection are you really going to have? You'll just take a few out before they kill you, instead of just evacuating your property which can be replaced waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier than your life.

BTW you got any proof that any mayor is telling cops not to help homeowners like this or you just exaggerating to make a non existent point?
    Most mobs don't have guns, instead they have bricks, bats, Molotov cocktails and other various weapons. Also mobs tend to rely on the bravery of others so when they encounter someone with a gun they tend to walk away and not burn their house down. It's like magic, isn't it?

How about this one? https://www.city-journal.org/progres...neapolis-burns

Or this one https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/mic...lice-precinct/

https://www.wvlt.tv/2020/06/27/we-ca...h-baby-in-car/

The third one is particularly sad, the mayor simply apologized to the protesters saying sorry your demonstration was interrupted.

It starts with letting the mob burn a police station down and then they realize they have free reign to burn anything they want.

the membership of the NRA (who would be the only victims) call for a criminal investigation, there should be one. Until then, it is clearly politically motivated and not worthy of concern.
    Every taxpayer would be a victim if they illegally exploit their tax exempt status.

I don't think it should be up to a DA to files charged on their own initiative for political gain when the alleged victims are not seeking relief.
    There's already a civil case. The funk are you on about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    There's already a civil case. The funk are you on about.
    Typical conservaturd nonsense of not knowing what the fuck they are talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    What will americans do when they lose their guns?

THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS from Norway.
    Don’t worry we won’t.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    is it bad I would actually want that quintuple bayonet ak, even though it would be horribly balanced for both shooting or stabbing.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

- - - Updated - - -

When the membership of the NRA (who would be the only victims) call for a criminal investigation, there should be one. Until then, it is clearly politically motivated and not worthy of concern.
    That sounds really a weird threshold.
    So no law agency should investigate any organization as long as it's members are fine with the criminal conduct?

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    is it bad I would actually want that quintuple bayonet ak, even though it would be horribly balanced for both shooting or stabbing.
    Yeah, but great for shoveling hay. You never know when you'll hear a faint rendition of fortunate son in the distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    It's to protect yourself from rioters, thugs and terrorists that will burn down your business in the name of peaceful protests, or a tyrannical government that wants to take away all of your guns.
    The guns that stop you from being robbed didn't seem to help people get robbed by the NRA.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Don’t worry we won’t.
    Considering the NRA has nothing to do with allowing people to retain guns in the first place, I agree. The NRA exists to be a reactionary right wing profit machine, with no particularly political agenda besides making a lot of noise and raising a lot of money.

Nobody is going to be taking away all guns, it has been a stupid bogeyman for decades. The most extreme thing that is really possible is a renewal of the Assault Weapons ban we used to have (Which I would oppose, but it is not really the NRA keeping it from happening). The NRA cares about guns in the same way PETA cares about animals. They don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    The guns that stop you from being robbed didn't seem to help people get robbed by the NRA.
    Are you suggesting that the citizens should take care of white collar criminals themselves instead of letting the Justice department deal with it?

Are you suggesting that the citizens should take care of white collar criminals themselves instead of letting the Justice department deal with it?
    I didn't suggest a thing, I'm only pointing out the irony of those that say they need guns to stop people from robbing them got robbed by those they say protect their gun rights. Their guns did nothing to stop them from getting robbed.

It's hilarious if nothing else.

I didn't suggest a thing, I'm only pointing out the irony of those that say they need guns to stop people from robbing them got robbed by those they say protect their gun rights. Their guns did nothing to stop them from getting robbed.

It's hilarious if nothing else.
    False equivalency.

If your cell phone company robs you by overcharging, then do you go out and solve that issue with a gun? No because that would be stupid.

Guns are tools. They can be used for hunting, and self defense.

If your cell phone company robs you by overcharging, then do you go out and solve that issue with a gun? No because that would be stupid.
    ....What? I'm not saying "to get a gun."

There seems to be a disconnect here, so let me try and explain the joke, which now officially makes it no longer funny, if it ever was.

1. Person gets gun to protect themselves from robbery.
    2. Person joins the NRA as they think they will protect their gun rights.
    3. The NRA uses that money not on gun rights (or any of the other shit the NRA once stood for), but instead on frivolous shit (essentially robbery)
    4. That gun therefore did not protect them from being robbed.
    5. Those same people then try and defend the NRA, those that robbed them, and therefore making the gun they bought even more useless when they defend their robber.

This is meant to be a joke about the irony of the situation. Nothing more, nothing less. That's it.

....What? I'm not saying "to get a gun."

There seems to be a disconnect here, so let me try and explain the joke, which now officially makes it no longer funny, if it ever was.

1. Person gets gun to protect themselves from robbery.
    2. Person joins the NRA as they think they will protect their gun rights.
    3. The NRA uses that money not on gun rights (or any of the other shit the NRA once stood for), but instead on frivolous shit (essentially robbery)
    4. That gun therefore did not protect them from being robbed.
    5. Those same people then try and defend the NRA, those that robbed them, and therefore making the gun they bought even more useless when they defend their robber.

This is meant to be a joke about the irony of the situation. Nothing more, nothing less. That's it.
    Don't quit your day job, because comedy ain't it.

Again, you don't need to be a member of the NRA just because you own a firearm. These things can be completely separate.

Don't quit your day job, because comedy ain't it.

Again, you don't need to be a member of the NRA just because you own a firearm. These things can be completely separate.
    i thought the iron was well caught in his example and worth a giggle or two.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Than why aren’t they, for NRA members? Why are they defending NRA, in the name of gun rights?

Edit:

You hate lobbying? Check...
    You hate being robbed? Check...
    You hate corruption? Check...

Why get defensive about NRA, instead of considering that perhaps their actions have made it worse for gun rights, because if things do get better... they don’t get those houses and vacations.

Edit 2: According to NRA, are gun rights in more danger now than ever? Especially with Biden? How long have they been fighting, while things have been getting progressively worse? Have you considered that they maybe the problem? Maybe their whole scam is predicated on gun rights issue not being solved, but to keep getting worse, so they can buy more stuff?

There is no NRA or the money they stole... if gun rights are not in danger. It’s in their best interest, to do the opposite of what they promise.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-08-13 at 12:43 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    We have a group "dedicated" to the fundamental rights given to us by the Founding Fathers violating several federal laws laundering money for Russia.