Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    The core issue is that blizzard is incapable of writing villains with diffrent motive/goal than "I want to destroy the world".
    From burning legion to arthas, from deathwing to garrosh, they all had same goal - kill as many innocents as possible and destroy the world, and that sucks because in that case they can't win without either ending the franchise or leading to reboot.
    Kael'thas didn't want to destroy the world (though, his master probably did). Malygos just wanted to kill magic users. MoP bosses didn't want to destroy the world, either. Just wanted to put that out there.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Kael'thas didn't want to destroy the world (though, his master probably did). Malygos just wanted to kill magic users. MoP bosses didn't want to destroy the world, either. Just wanted to put that out there.
    To be fair those are mostly either small fry, or in case of kael they just are puppets of people who want to destroy the world. Remember his final words "THIS WORLD SHALL BUUUUURN YAAAARGHUBLEURGHHHH" + Garrosh wanted to destroy the world, he outright admits it.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2020-08-10 at 08:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Aren't they bringing back Warhammer Fantasy, and thus retconning Chaos' victory?
    Maybe, but in general, i wasn't talking about only the End times, just the fact that the Bad guys win a lot of battles, maybe in the end they do lose, but they do win some instances, and that's something we rarely see in Wow.

How do you propose a raid where we ultimately lose and everyone dies?

I mean I'm glad for their experimenting with the dazar'alor raid, maybe more stuff in that vein.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    How do you propose a raid where we ultimately lose and everyone dies?

I mean I'm glad for their experimenting with the dazar'alor raid, maybe more stuff in that vein.
    Hyjal style city defense, with HoR style ending.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Maybe, but in general, i wasn't talking about only the End times, just the fact that the Bad guys win a lot of battles, maybe in the end they do lose, but they do win some instances, and that's something we rarely see in Wow.
    Wrath of the lich king
    Cataclysm
    MoP
    Wod
    Legion
    BFA

(The lich king)
    (The cataclysm)
    (The vale, and the sha in jade, and the mantid in valley and rezzing the thunder king)
    ( Opening the portal, destroying nethergarde, killing taylor, destroying cities, the dark naaru, destroying tannan)
    (The broken shore, suramar part 1, summoning sargeras into illidan, but then well we quickly fixed that. Summoning argus, corrupting the titans)
    (Freeing nzoth, the najaztar plan, the eye, the battle for dazaralor, the battle for lorderan, the burning of teldrassil)

And im sure i misdsed more, the bad guys have won MANY battles, even if in the end they lost, as you said yourself. there has been MANY battles the bad guys have won.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Wrath of the lich king
    Cataclysm
    MoP
    Wod
    Legion
    BFA

(The lich king)
    (The cataclysm)
    (The vale, and the sha in jade, and the mantid in valley and rezzing the thunder king)
    ( Opening the portal, destroying nethergarde, killing taylor, destroying cities, the dark naaru, destroying tannan)
    (The broken shore, suramar part 1, summoning sargeras into illidan, but then well we quickly fixed that. Summoning argus, corrupting the titans)
    (Freeing nzoth, the najaztar plan, the eye, the battle for dazaralor, the battle for lorderan, the burning of teldrassil)

And im sure i misdsed more, the bad guys have won MANY battles, even if in the end they lost, as you said yourself. there has been MANY battles the bad guys have won.
    In most of those villains never won a important battle on screen, nor won against any important character, the closer we get to this is Tirion death in the hand of the big demon (that noone know who he is).

Most of the time, when an enemy wins, is an introduction for the player to certain events, and in most cases, the player had little to no presence in that moment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    In most of those villains never won a important battle on screen, nor won against any important character, the closer we get to this is Tirion death in the hand of the big demon (that noone know who he is).

Most of the time, when an enemy wins, is an introduction for the player to certain events, and in most cases, the player had little to no presence in that moment.
    Wrath of the lich king, ran us off from frostmourne, and recruited the undead trolls.
    cataclysm, literally the cataclysm
    MoP we literally see garrosh destroy the vale on screen
    wod we have people die on screen and we lose in quests, we lose our initial assault on the iron horde and are forced to flee.
    legion tirion, varian, and voljin die RIGHT infront of us

what are you blodoy talking about?

"Those villians never won an important battle on screen nor won against any important charecter"

you have to be fucking trolling.

"player had little to no presence in that moment"
    During the broken shore
    during the loss of the undercity
    during the burning of teldrassil
    we are there in the thick of it, we are blighting the alliance, we are trying to hold back the hordes of undead
    we are burning the trees, we are trying to save as many survivors as we can
    we are holding off the demons at the portal to hell itself

you have to be fucking kidding me
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-08-12 at 06:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Aren't they bringing back Warhammer Fantasy, and thus retconning Chaos' victory?
    So far they aren't retconning anything, just making sure that the races that are not in AoS but in WHFB can be played with official and updated rules. They even said, that the Old World is like HH in WH40k. Just espanding on the past, not "the end times didn't happen".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Wrath of the lich king, ran us off from frostmourne, and recruited the undead trolls.
    cataclysm, literally the cataclysm
    MoP we literally see garrosh destroy the vale on screen
    wod we have people die on screen and we lose in quests, we lose our initial assault on the iron horde and are forced to flee.
    legion tirion, varian, and voljin die RIGHT infront of us

what are you blodoy talking about?

"Those villians never won an important battle on screen nor won against any important charecter"

you have to be fucking trolling.

"player had little to no presence in that moment"
    During the broken shore
    during the loss of the undercity
    during the burning of teldrassil
    we are there in the thick of it, we are blighting the alliance, we are trying to hold back the hordes of undead
    we are burning the trees, we are trying to save as many survivors as we can
    we are holding off the demons at the portal to hell itself

you have to be fucking kidding me
    I do agree that it did happen in Legion.

But everything other example that you gave is literally an introduction for HAHA I'M THE VILLAIN!

I guess also excluding the Lich King dungeon where we run away from him.