Just another Covenant thread

The WoW team want you to feel like your choice is meaningful and that you'll be valued for your choice so they added things like the dungeon perks.

Although I think it's a great idea it comes with some obvious problems. It's great because your covenant is actually meaningful. It means in dungeons you can be to the benefit of your group and in an organised group it won't really matter much but it causes problems for those in LFG. It creates an even more toxic community.

The other issue is that with alliance and horde the player base is already divided on playing WITH each other. Right now it looks like the anima power ups in your covenant zone are covenant specific meaning you can't play with friends. This divides players even more.

It feels like they want people to have a diverse group of covenants in content like m+. They also don't want people to feel like they can't play with friends sometimes and that's what covenants do.

The other issues are with soulbinds etc. If they had given a number of soulbinds that weren't tied to covenants it would have made things easier to balance because there will undoubtedly be turning throughout the expansion and it just makes the swap thing even more clunky

Personally, i believe there are too many systems for Blizz to balance and they need to stop adding power choices that further infuriates players to the point where they'll become apathetic. Just make the covenants cosmetic.

Why add systems that are broken just to fix them a few patches later and say, 'hey look, we listen to our playerbase.'
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

This could've been a post in any of the other active covenant threads.

Right now it looks like the anima power ups in your covenant zone are covenant specific meaning you can't play with friends.
    This is interesting, though. I don't understand, what does this mean, exactly? Of course there are going to be things that people with the Venthyr won't be able to do alongside people with the Necrolords. But I don't understand what it is that could inhibit two players from just playing the game normally together anyway. Can they still do world quests together? Can they still inhabit (most of) the same area in the zones? Can they still group up and do dungeons, pvp, raids, world bosses, etc? If so, then I don't really see the issue, exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    This is interesting, though. I don't understand, what does this mean, exactly?
    you will not be able to do WQ with your friends or chill with them in covenant sanctum, and thats it

I really hope Blizzard doesn't end up caving in to the 0,001% of players and ruining an interesting system just because it's not good for "competitive" reasons, and just because some moron feels that it's required to change the covenant for every boss in a raid.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I really hope Blizzard doesn't end up caving in to the 0,001% of players and using a terrible system just because someone feels that it's meaningful to stay with the same covenant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    There are plenty of threads about the Covenant system already, let's use those before creating more. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead