Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Diamond and Silk Call Out Fox New for Bias and Double Standard

Shocking news that sisters Lynette and Roachelle would be treated this way by Fox. Sad to see there's no room for dissent over there.

Diamond and Silk suggest Fox News is biased for dumping them over COVID-19 conspiracies that were also embraced by other hosts like Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity

• The Black conservative vloggers made the claim in their upcoming book, "Uprising."
    • In it, the duo said they were punished for their remarks, while hosts like Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity, ... were not.
    • "Was this part of the systemic [bias] that everybody was talking about?" they said.
    • The pair was hired by Fox News in November 2018 to produce videos for their Fox Nation platform. Their contract was terminated in April 2020.
    • In their Fox Nation videos, they suggested the coronavirus was "man-made" and that the US death toll was being fabricated to damage President Donald Trump.
    • Fox News declined to comment on Diamond and Silk's remarks.

Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    They are morons they nothing about politics they are characters.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

They remind me of a marketing trick that's been going on forever. Even on the internet I've watched groups/teams do it over and over for almost two decades now. It works especially well on republicans, but you can do it with other things not even related to politics.

In the case of republicans it works very well with two combos in particular: woman + brown/black. Men do okay, but not as well because racists usually feel more threatened by them. It's a great way to build lists and followings to exploit for profit.

Normally this is just done with everything being fake (pics, bios etc...) but as we've witnessed here if someone of color has absolutely no shame and just wants to grift then they can rake in a lot of money. If they don't give a shit about their reputation or getting genuine respect from anyone then the profit is there for the taking.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2020-08-18 at 10:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some background, and snarky laughs...

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the history of shit they helped peddle

I believe this is the most reasonable response to any of their problems

"Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

two grifters mad the some other grifters kicked em out. rofl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    two grifters mad the some other grifters kicked em out. rofl.
    I get the sense that some posters here are trying hard at auditioning for those spots.

That's a shame. Perhaps they can take their modern-day minstrel show schtick to OANN.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    They remind me of a marketing trick that's been going on forever. Even on the internet I've watched groups/teams do it over and over for almost two decades now. It works especially well on republicans, but you can do it with other things not even related to politics.

In the case of republicans it works very well with two combos in particular: woman + brown/black. Men do okay, but not as well because racists usually feel more threatened by them. It's a great way to build lists and followings to exploit for profit.

Normally this is just done with everything being fake (pics, bios etc...) but as we've witnessed here if someone of color has absolutely no shame and just wants to grift then they can rake in a lot of money. If they don't give a shit about their reputation or getting genuine respect from anyone then the profit is there for the taking.
    But isn't it a good sign that there is a market for it? On Twitter I think it's pretty cool that any ordinary black person can instantly explode their follower count as soon as they start making conservative talking points. Fake accounts/bios/pics don't work though because they can't post video commentaries from their phone and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    But isn't it a good sign that there is a market for it?.
    I am not sure the notion, of what sort of amounts political pandering "good feeling", is a good sign being a viable career.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    I am not sure the notion, of what sort of amounts political pandering "good feeling", is a good sign being a viable career.
    There's plenty of people who create a good career for themselves in political commentary. On TV, the radio, the internet, etc. Obviously you need to be articulate and attractive to make it a long ways, Diamond and Silk don't exactly have that on lockdown. lol

There's plenty of people who create a good career for themselves in political commentary. On TV, the radio, the internet, etc. Obviously you need to be articulate and attractive to make it a long ways, Diamond and Silk don't exactly have that on lockdown. lol
    Noticing the lack of mentioning actual political insight and literacy here, but I guess that speaks a fair bit of truth to the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what, they have a point. If a FOX News host said the same things for which Diamond and Silk were banned, then yes, that's bias.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    Noticing the lack of mentioning actual political insight and literacy here, but I guess that speaks a fair bit of truth to the issue.
    The thread isn't about a political issue, it's about Diamond and Silk. Of course I want them to have free expression but they also need to cut out the conspiracy garbage if they want to be mainstream figures. In the case of the Covid conspiracy I'm not even saying that the virus could not have been made in a Chinese lab I'm just saying that we shouldn't assume that it was until there is substantial evidence.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-08-19 at 12:39 AM.

The thread isn't about a political issue, it's about Diamond and Silk. Sure I want free expression for them but they also need to cut out the conspiracy garbage if they want to be mainstream figures. In the case of the Covid conspiracy I'm not even saying that the virus could not have been made in a Chinese lab I'm just saying that we shouldn't assume that it was until there is substantial evidence.
    I am fairly sure other people at FOX have run that exact same line of questioning/hinting it was man-made, and that was way higher billing shows. So I am not even sure what to say, it is a weird firing, that seems an excuse to fire more than any principled journalistic integrity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That’s assuming they were actually banned for saying what they say on a daily basis.
    Ah, hence my reliance on the great loophole that is "if".

10+ Year Old Account
    The thread isn't about a political issue, it's about Diamond and Silk. Of course I want them to have free expression but they also need to cut out the conspiracy garbage if they want to be mainstream figures. In the case of the Covid conspiracy I'm not even saying that the virus could not have been made in a Chinese lab I'm just saying that we shouldn't assume that it was until there is substantial evidence.
    They were repeating what other hosts on Fox have said and the president has eluded to.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all fun and games until the other boot is on your face.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    It's all fun and games until the other boot is on your face.
    Let me make this:

"Was this part of the systemic [bias] that everybody was talking about?" they said.
    More historically relevant... When they came for Diamond and Silk...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Let me make this:

More historically relevant... When they came for Diamond and Silk...
    I'll be honest, I'm not sure what emotion other than humor I'm supposed to feel about the OP.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.