Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Every class and spec should receive same rework as Shadow Priest

I haven't played it yet, but as what I've seen and heard it's just great and I think every class and spec should receive same love and treatment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all classes and specs actually need a rework.
    Hi

The changes to Spriest are indeed amazing, but remember this is with 4 years of constant pleading.

A lot of specs need things "added" to them. For Ret Paladins, bring back Long Arm of the Law - their mobility is atrocious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think shadow priest should be removed from priest class and it should be renamed and transformed into it's own class. There should be two priest class : Light Priest and Void Priest.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I haven't played it yet, but as what I've seen and heard it's just great and I think every class and spec should receive same love and treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I'd argue most don't.

Yeah some specs could do with a touch-up, but only a few actually need a rework on the scale of Shadow Priest.

New isn't always better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    I think shadow priest should be removed from priest class and it should be renamed and transformed into it's own class. There should be two priest class : Light Priest and Void Priest.
    That's a horrible idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    The changes to Spriest are indeed amazing, but remember this is with 4 years of constant pleading.

A lot of specs need things "added" to them. For Ret Paladins, bring back Long Arm of the Law - their mobility is atrocious.
    Ret should get more range on Blade of Justice (and a glyph to turn it into Exorcism) to have an easier time applying the PvP talent for Hand of Hindrance. Blizzard obviously wants Paladin to be a slow class, they aren't just gonna undo that 'bcuz'.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they changed what Fury was reworked into as of Legion, people would riot.

As a moonkin on the beta, I sometimes wish Blizz wouldn't try to fix aspects of a spec that aren't broken.

Revamps can be very hit-or-miss, in terms of how they function, if they're fun, and how veteran players will respond to the changes. For example, some moonkins have been calling for eclipses back, others have not. Right now on the beta, this revamp sort of works, but has a ton of new issues due to the ravamp (as well as some issues the revamp isn't addressing).
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Why fix what isn't broken?

Feral/Sub need a rework, survival hunter need some number tuning, some classes like DH need another button to press and for the love of the god stop reworking Balance every single expansion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Revamps can be very hit-or-miss, in terms of how they function, if they're fun, and how veteran players will respond to the changes.
    Thats why i think they should allow vote for rework or against reworks as members of said classes.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    What he's actually saying is that blizzard should spend as much time and care into every class and spec as they did with the newest spriest beta build.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    What he's actually saying is that blizzard should spend as much time and care into every class and spec as they did with the newest spriest beta build.
    Then he should say that instead of saying every class needs a rework lol.

On the other hand I dont agree with every class needing their specs reworked each expansion. If theres problems with specs then they should be changed for the better. But re designing specs just to do it is a very bad idea and is the root of many of the issues we see in specs today. With SP it was badly needed.

Dont agree with this either. Spend that time fixing things that need to be fixed, some specs are fine and I prefer Blizz not wasting time on them.

Okay, well, then every class and spec gets to wait 4 years
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

I couldn't agree more. Void form has kept me from playing my Feral Druid for two expansions. When will Blizzard learn?

Fury warriors aren't getting anything new. It's literally the same thing from BfA, very disappointing. Range classes are always getting new toys, idk why they're so conservative with melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I'd argue most don't.

Yeah some specs could do with a touch-up, but only a few actually need a rework on the scale of Shadow Priest.

New isn't always better.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a horrible idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Ret should get more range on Blade of Justice (and a glyph to turn it into Exorcism) to have an easier time applying the PvP talent for Hand of Hindrance. Blizzard obviously wants Paladin to be a slow class, they aren't just gonna undo that 'bcuz'.
    And that honestly sucks. After playing Ret in MoP I just can’t play it in BfA+.. it’s too slow. Sad

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    'I have heard without trying that spriest is great, I want the same rework to be done on all classes, even though I have no clue that some classes actually fuction well and are fun at the moment'. You sound so clueless OP. But yes, some classes/specs could use this level of rework. Blindly saying all need it is stupid tho.

Not every class/spec are/were in a state as dire as shadow priest were though. The spec was literally impossible to "balance" within acceptable parameters, without feeling absolutely dog shit to play, the majority of specs are fine as they are, some could use some tweaks and maybe some minor changes, but very few are in need of something as big as shadow priest.

Ele / Enha shaman could use some love. Ret Paladin, feral druid big time, but those are the ones off the top of my head that could use some love more than most others. I'd like to see some love to my main (Holy priest) too, given they're outshined by most other healers, except for mistweaver. Poor mistweavers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't rework just for the sake of it. Plenty of specs that work perfectly fine and Spriest was in dire need of change.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    Ele / Enha shaman could use some love. Ret Paladin, feral druid big time, but those are the ones off the top of my head that could use some love more than most others. I'd like to see some love to my main (Holy priest) too, given they're outshined by most other healers, except for mistweaver. Poor mistweavers.
    Enhancement is already the spec that's gotten the second biggest rework in Shadowlands though. Ret Paladin and Elemental are both 'fine', and Feral Druid just lacks utility. None of them are really in need of a rework.

Holy Priest really doesn't need anything close to a rework either, they just need buffs. Same goes for Mistweaver.