soulbinds should be like bodyguards in the real world.

why aren't the soulbinds bodyguards like we had in legion?

the followers all did something unique if they didn't bodyguard?

I don't think they perform that role because they have their own stuff to do. They align with us but they are not subservient to us.

They have "jobs" etc themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Didn't all companions follow you in stealth in Legion?
    Yeah, but we rogues appreciate solitude... and freely vanishing from a fight without having to care about no-pants van cleef having other plans.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

u had the choice in legion if the follower u choose had the bodyguard ability. so if you didnt like it why select it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shingaru View Post
    u had the choice in legion if the follower u choose had the bodyguard ability. so if you didnt like it why select it?
    That's irrelevant? We have to take a Soulbind, it wouldn't be avoidable here. It was optimal to have a Bodyguard out during Legion as you got extra resources if you equipped them accordingly. As a class that relies on Stealth combined with questionable AI behaviour, bodyguards are a terrible idea. If the choice is optional, and you get nothing out of extra other than a body to help you kill, sure. But if there's benefits like (X) Anima, Gold or whatever else then no.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Please no. I hate bodyguards. They are annoying and don't do anything.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I haven’t gone though the story stuff oh the beta but is there any actual reason for them to drop every thing there doing to help you get bear asses? They are already lending you power are they not so why go with you at all?

No. I hate bodyguards... they keep you in combat...

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Didn't all companions follow you in stealth in Legion?
    They stealth if you Shadowmeld too

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    No. I hate bodyguards... they keep you in combat...
    Yeah, the one troll dude I had kept pulling things
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    Please no. I hate bodyguards. They are annoying and don't do anything.
    Bullshit, Archmage Modera was spamming frost nova which gave you free shatter procs. They were only annoying for twats that tried to gank you. Their dps was also far from bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I haven’t gone though the story stuff oh the beta but is there any actual reason for them to drop every thing there doing to help you get bear asses? They are already lending you power are they not so why go with you at all?
    Supposedly soulbinding is something super special, there have been people that have dropped everything and helped us collect bear arses for less.

They could also just add a soulbind toggle ability. They have added them for less as well .
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-08-08 at 12:15 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I honestly HATE the idea of bodyguards and companions in my mmorpg. There is no point in them as they don't add anything to the rpg experience, and we are far from needing their help from a power perspective.