LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Chic-Fil-a

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post

"gourmet"

What's wrong with this. 5 second rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    McDonalds burgers are just sad and pathetic.
    I don't know why, I like their single cheeseburgers. The crappy one in the bun you can tell was made from 50% sugar and processed glue they call cheese. Maybe it's just reminiscent of my childhood.

My thoughts: 5 guys. Overpriced and their fries are terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Checkers is gourmet. I'd say it's the underrated fast food joint.
    Their fries make the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    To me the meaning of overrated is a fast food restaurant that isn't exactly 'main stream', or something that tries to be different. I don't think places like McDonald's can really be classified as overrated because most people know exactly what they're getting into when they go there, same with KFC or any brands that have dozens of establishments around the world or in each state/province. Most people from California I met hype In-N-Out up like it's the second coming of Christ.

I dated somebody from California for over half a decade and her (and her group of friends) hyped this place up so much that I figured it was going to be fucking amazing. I went several times with them and it was just, I don't know, average? To be quite honest if I had to choose from anything on that menu versus McDonald's fries and nuggets, I'd choose McDonald's every single time.

A lot of the places folks have named are renowned for being cheap, so I'm not sure they qualify as overrated, since being overrated indicates they are well regarded.

Everyone I know view Jack in the Box, Carl's Jr, Burger King, Weinerschnitzel, Subway, and Taco Bell as crap. They might still like it, but they recognize it's about as quality as a steak from the dollar store.

You could maybe make a case for McDonald's or Wendy's, as they have made a push to be better and change their branding, but they still have a significant reputation of being bad.

So to me, the most overrated fast-food chain is Whataburger. I've known plenty of people from Texas who made it seem like God's gift to food. I've heard so many people say how amazing it is. But when I actually tried it it was pretty much indistinguishable from McDonald's or Burger King.

Mc donalds. Dirty burgers, sloppy fries, watery coke. I think its the happy meals that made them popular, not quality burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thee ANCOM View Post
    all fast food chains are overrated. but the one I take particular issue with is Subway, for a chain that claims to be healthy I always feel like I'm dying after eating there.
    Nothing's actually healthy when you eat it out of that amount of white bread in the first place. The cheap, frozen meat in between a pound of iceberg lettuce doesn't help obviously.

As for the OP, I never enjoyed KFC or Taco Bell. Yeah, fast food's not supposed to be healthy in the first place, but when I go to Harveys, Wendy's or MacDo I don't come out with my stomach screaming bloody murder at least. It's at the point where you drink sauce and grease more than you eat food over there.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Mc donalds. Dirty burgers, sloppy fries, watery coke. I think its the happy meals that made them popular, not quality burgers.
    Damn, what kind of nasty McDonald's have you been to? If McDonald's is praised for anything it's their fries and drink machines.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Burger King. Their burgers aren’t even good!
    Yeah agree, Burger King is so overrated, I never liked their burgers.

Burger King tastes like cardboard sometimes. Not even a king, maybe Burger Minion

In-n-out Burger.

Don't @ me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Nothing's actually healthy when you eat it out of that amount of white bread in the first place.
    Back when Subway were actually good they used to offer a choice of 6 different fresh quality breads. The last time I went though, which was about 6 years ago, they had still had 6 breads on the menu but only ever had like 1 or 2 available and never the choice I wanted.

Far and away, Five Guys.

Everyone acts like it's god's gift to the burger, but they're greasy as shit, and their fries suck. People talk shit on McDonalds, and yeah it's not exactly "a gourmet experience", but they're cheap, consistent, and honestly pretty tasty. You've gotta be pretty pretentious to say McD's doesn't at least TASTE good (though I'm certainly not advocating for its consumption -- god knows what it's really doing to your body).

In and out. It recently came to town here and I saw the line wrapped around the building and figured I would give it a shot. Meh, small ass burger, thin patty, basic toppings. Nothing special to me honestly and I let some people know it. Got told I had to order from the super secret menu bullshit so gave it another shot. Still not impressed. Same burger just loaded out with thousand island dressing. I am not saying it is bad or gross. But I am saying it's just another fast food burger that really doesn't deserve the cult like following I see it getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Far and away, Five Guys.

Everyone acts like it's god's gift to the burger, but they're greasy as shit, and their fries suck. People talk shit on McDonalds, and yeah it's not exactly "a gourmet experience", but they're cheap, consistent, and honestly pretty tasty. You've gotta be pretty pretentious to say McD's doesn't at least TASTE good (though I'm certainly not advocating for its consumption -- god knows what it's really doing to your body).
    I’d eat McDonald’s over 5 guys every time even at the same prices.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Coke would throw a fit if McDonald’s watered it down. The deal McDonald’s has with coke is so good it’s not worth it for them to water it down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Panera Bread.

Agree with all of them. Fast food is cheaply made for profit.

All of them. You can make the same things they serve at home and have it taste better.

I never liked McDonalds, but I rarely eat fast food. Only thing I can really enjoy are wings from KFC.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Is McDonald's really overrated? You basically know what you're getting into when you go there. Though every once in a while you might go to one with a good crew that puts out higher quality food than expected. It took going to a decent McDonalds to realize they don't have to be bad, they leave a lot of room for people to phone it in (which I don't blame if you have to deal with nasty customers at below living wage - screw it). Local shops that copy McDonald's but with better quality control make $$$.
    A Quarter Pounder is delicious. Its uncommon to get a good Quarter Pounder.
    Tbf, I've heard friends that went to the US, say that Sweden's/Denmark's McDonald's products are much better in every way, that they were shocked by the difference in taste and quality.

A lot of fast food places, honestly. Most of them are okay to good but you sacrifice either cost or healthiness to get something tastier from them. Quite often both, really - but sometimes you can get relatively healthier options from these places, which is nice. But they also tend to be stupidly expensive, just because it isn't the main menu item.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Tbf, I've heard friends that went to the US, say that Sweden's/Denmark's McDonald's products are much better in every way, that they were shocked by the difference in taste and quality.
    I've heard that pretty much any US based fast food restaurants outside of the US taste way better. Makes me wonder how good shit like McDonalds, KFC, etc. tastes with higher quality ingredients.