Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Shadowlands PTR - Pre-patch Week 2 Preview, New NA Realm Connections

Shadowlands PTR - Pre-patch Week 2 Preview
    The week 2 quest chain for the pre-patch event is now available for testing on the PTR.

• The next series of quest starts off in the Argent Tournament Grounds. You are asked to meet Crusader Renn atop Ironwall Ramparts. She wants you to collect a Collaborator's Hood and Robe from cultists at Aldur'thar in order to gain access to the Cult Chambers. You must also free some hippogryph riders while there.
    • Next, you travel to Mord'rethar and put the disguise on to investigate what is going on. You find Herald Dalora inside saying that "his power is rising...his chains broken. The remaking has begun. The hour draws near when the Banished One shall reclaim what is his. Death comes for the soul of this world. Make ready! Feed the lives of the unworthy to the hungering Maw." She disappears soon after and you must then sabotage 3 chamber experiments nearby.
    • When you return to Renn, she has you head over to Icecrown Citadel on an argent hippogrpyh to see what this Herald Dalora is doing. You find her taking willing sacrifices at the gates, and are then tasked with launching an attack from the air on the surrounding undead.
    • Returning to Renn, she says we must destroy Herald Dalora to try and quell this uprising. Killing her unlocks more dailies in Icecrown.
    • Next, you must establish a portal to your capital city at the Argent Tournament Grounds to inform your remaining leaders of the latest situation. You are told to continue helping your allies in Icecrown and word will be sent to the Ebon Blade with hopes that they can devise a plan to help rescue our missing leaders from the realm of death.

New NA Realm Connections - August 20th
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    During a scheduled maintenance period planned for 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. PDT on Thursday, August 20, the following realm connections will be made:

• The Eldre’Thalas and Korialstrasz realms will join the Akama, Dragonmaw, and Mug’thol realms.
    • The Korgath realm will join the Cenarius, Perenolde, and Cairne realms.
    • The Blood Furnace, Mannoroth, and Nazjatar realms will join the Azgalor, Azshara, and Destromath realms.
    • The Ursin, Andorhal, Scilla, and Zuluhed realms will join the Eonar and Velen realms.
    • The Madoran, and Dawnbringer realms will join the Azuremyst and Staghelm realms.
    • The Garona realm will join the Icecrown and Malygos realms.
    • Hyjal will join Proudmoore.

We are planning more realm connections for low-population realms, and we will post further notifications like this one in the coming weeks.

Thank you!

WoW Forum Maintenance -- 17 August
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    On Monday, August 17, the World of Warcraft forums will be taken offline for maintenance and updates, starting at 22:00 CEST.

For about two hours, the WoW forums will be in read-only mode. During this time, you may be logged out, and you may have to log back into your forum account thereafter.

Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Stoy; 2020-08-15 at 02:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should just do a Mega Server at this point.

NA East NA West EU whatever

I feel bad for the English servers being joined with Spanish/Portuguese servers

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I think they should just do a Mega Server at this point.

NA East NA West EU whatever
    Obviously the developers cant make good content to save there jobs so they might as well continue pushing fewer and fewer fish into the same pond.

I want some OCE servers to be joined. Would like access to more guilds

Quote Originally Posted by Drejjmit View Post
    Why so? Afaik, during wow's "golden" days there was no such division in realms and i don't think anyone really suffered because of it. I was from Warsong and there was a pretty good mix of english/portuguese speakers there, people got along just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheel View Post
    Why so? Afaik, during wow's "golden" days there was no such division in realms and i don't think anyone really suffered because of it. I was from Warsong and there was a pretty good mix of english/portuguese speakers there, people got along just fine.
    And what about the Russians with their special letters no one can read?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, any OCE connections yet? Feels like we're always an afterthought. Saurfang sorely needs to be connected to one of the higher pop realms.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drejjmit View Post
    It really does suck in the more advanced content. A simple fix would be just a small indication next to their name of the language they have their game set to.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Those screens take me back to year 1357 when WoW was just released.

Just what we need! Time-gating the pre-patch.

I have truly seen it all now.

nice to see they are not backing down on merges - and even mergning high pop realms to each other to provide faction balance

give me hope they will heavily limit the number of servers overall and will likely as final resoult merge like 10-15 low pop realms to each other

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post

Yes, it is bad that the pre-patch is now time-gated. It surely didn't happen in the BFA pre patch, or the legion one, or the WoD one, or the Cata one. Oh wait they did because time gaming has been in MMOs since day 1.

10+ Year Old Account

Someone wasn't around for BfA Pre-Patch... or Legion... or WoD...
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Standard practice I am afraid. 15 quests spread out over a month, stay tuned for the next episode of Dragonsball P.
    I was here for the BFA pre patch and it really wasn't worth re-subbing for. And I doubt this pre-patch will be worth a months sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Yes, it is bad that the pre-patch is now time-gated. It surely didn't happen in the BFA pre patch, or the legion one, or the WoD one, or the Cata one. Oh wait they did because time gaming has been in MMOs since day 1.
    Timegating in the expansion? Yes.

Timegating the PREPATCH content? Never happened before.

Glad I'm mainly playing Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post

I'm sure the Cata event was split in 4 different 1-week-long different phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post

Cata had new stuff added weekly in the pre-patch, MoP had nothing in the pre-patch outside the bombing of Theramore. WoD had different things added each week in the pre-patch. Legion had different things added each week in the pre-patch. BFA had different thinks added in different weeks in the pre-patch.

This is not new. This is how WoW has worked since day 1. A game that has, by and large, changed less over 15 years than Madden 20 changed from Madden 19.

They're either bullshitting just to jump on wow hate. Or they're so god damn ignorant they have never touched wow before.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheel View Post
    Back in the day people were required to "play nice" on their realm. During wow's "golden days" you were stuck with your server mates, you had to make efforts to communicate and play together.
    Portuguese players (non english speaking) back in vanilla days would typically at least make an effort to communicate, and vice versa english speakers with them, or the guilds/players were known on the server and would segregate themselves within non-english speaking guilds and english speaking guilds.
    Now, there is no need for that.
    So when my dungeon queue pops, or my BG queue pops, and half the group is Ragnaros, Goldrinn, or Gallywix, and they are all absolutely terrible, and make ZERO effort to communicate with the group, it is almost always a disaster.
    90% of the ones I have encountered make ZERO effort to communicate.
    You can clearly type their name in chat, which should at least get their attention, but they don't even respond with something like "no ingles" or anything of the like, or even attempt to communicate in their language.
    90% of them are terrible as well, so it just turns into a disaster.
    Sorry, but there's no defense for the south/latin american servers.
    They are garbage and should be their own separate server base.

With sharding what is even the point of having servers anymore? it is honestly hurting WoW more than it's helping it, it made sense many many many years ago but now with how retail works there's no point in having server restrictions of any kind.