Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    "lol bro if you dont want to be instakilled just go to your garrison lol"
    "also wod was bad because everyone spent the entire expansion in the garrison"
    My sides.
    "Imagine having to think about strategies in a video game. What garbage!"

My sides indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    "Imagine having to think about strategies in a video game. What garbage!"

My sides indeed.
    "just formulate a strategy against being instakilled lol"

It's almost like I said there would maybe be value in it if Blizzard made it possible for counterplay. Currently, there is little such potential.

So whose garrison are we going to party in?

"just formulate a strategy against being instakilled lol"

It's almost like I said there would maybe be value in it if Blizzard made it possible for counterplay. Currently, there is little such potential.
    The counterplay has already been advised to you. I can't help that you're stubbornly clinging to the idea that you should be superman that is invincible to all game mechanics.

It's really confusing me why anyone would be so completely against letting players not participate in an old event. I'd understand if it was something that made you not able to do it but the other way around just makes no sense. The amount of toxicity and insults I've seen over having a choice is just saddening.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Sodniss View Post
    i was away from shadowlands news for awhile due to vacations.. so i return to normal life..and log in my guild discord..and a guild friend say to me that someone just said the expansion may not come this year?

i said to me 100% that is no joke.

Anyone knows anything?
    They literally just said q4 again, whoever told your friend that is just trying to start shit I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    The counterplay has already been advised to you. I can't help that you're stubbornly clinging to the idea that you should be superman that is invincible to all game mechanics.
    No, the counterplay would be making individual ghouls weak so that ghouls aren't

1. Strong individually
    2. Oneshots in parties
    3. Easily capable of turning you undead and therefore bolstering their numbers super quickly

All at once.

That way people can fight back, and rather than it being a bunch of ghouls constantly killing high levels and lowbies alike without challenge, it's actually some kind of invasion that players can form groups to fight back against. It isn't that hard to comprehend.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    It was not fun?

Reall?

It was the single most fun event they have ever done.

Ever.
    Not for me, no. I know plenty of people enjoyed it and that's part of the reason Blizzard is bringing it back but I just didn't enjoy it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodniss View Post
    i was away from shadowlands news for awhile due to vacations.. so i return to normal life..and log in my guild discord..and a guild friend say to me that someone just said the expansion may not come this year?

i said to me 100% that is no joke.

Anyone knows anything?
    Your friend is speculating. The timings of Beta/prepatch PTR are strong indicators we'll be seeing the expansion drop at some point of Q4 this year. In theory it COULD be delayed to 2021 if things somehow went seriously wrong, but it's unlikely given current events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i mean its literally right there? did you actually read the stuff or just look at the title?
    This is similar to when Arthas was in control.

I expected to be shown the scenario where the Scourge is completely out of control.
    The scenario that had to be avoided at all costs.
    The scenario we were warned about by King Terenas's spirit.

I don't see that. I see a rehash of Scourge invasions at very specific targets.

Don't mistake my critisism for a whine, please. I'm likely still going to enjoy it, but from what I can see sofar, it is not quite yet delivering on that dire, dire promise. Maybe things will progressivly get worse as the weeks pass? That'd be neat.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It's really confusing me why anyone would be so completely against letting players not participate in an old event. I'd understand if it was something that made you not able to do it but the other way around just makes no sense. The amount of toxicity and insults I've seen over having a choice is just saddening.
    Just unsub or sit on a rooftop and watch it happen and have a forum tab open to watch the forums melt down, including some of the most fervent supporters of the concept now.

It's what I plan to do. Though, if there's little to be gained other than Argent Dawn rep and renamed/re-statted WoTLK gear, then I might just unsub until launch because neither of those are all that compelling.

Other people being able to opt out would mean fewer people to grief, gank, or otherwise drive up the wall, and since that’s the one thing most pro-event posters are so enthusiastic about, well, you do the math...

No, the counterplay would be making individual ghouls weak so that ghouls aren't

1. Strong individually
    2. Oneshots in parties
    3. Easily capable of turning you undead and therefore bolstering their numbers super quickly

All at once.

That way people can fight back, and rather than it being a bunch of ghouls constantly killing high levels and lowbies alike without challenge, it's actually some kind of invasion that players can form groups to fight back against. It isn't that hard to comprehend.
    It apparently is hard to comprehend that your opinion on how it should be doesn't have any bearing on how it actually is. Again, stubbornly clinging to the idea that nothing in the game should be hard for you to overcome is your issue here. I'd work on it if I were you.

Meanwhile, I'll take the mechanics actually offered in-game and figure out strategies to overcome them. You know, how a video game is supposed to be.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe read.
    I solo was able to take on 1-2 on my own, in a group we took on 4-6
    maybe get good at the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Just unsub or sit on a rooftop and watch it happen and have a forum tab open to watch the forums melt down, including some of the most fervent supporters of the concept now.

It's what I plan to do. Though, if there's little to be gained other than Argent Dawn rep and renamed/re-statted WoTLK gear, then I might just unsub until launch because neither of those are all that compelling.
    I won't be unsubbing because there's the entire Shadowlands event that will still go on, all that stuff is new. I'll just try my hardest to do the new stuff and wait till the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Other people being able to opt out would mean fewer people to grief, gank, or otherwise drive up the wall, and since that’s the one thing most pro-event posters are so enthusiastic about, well, you do the math...
    Actually a fair point. Thankfully, you have flying in all zones. (and if you don't, I highly advise getting it now)

The ghouls cannot fly. At best, player ghouls can find ways to travel up buildings, but they can't fly. So just fly up and none of them can do anything. Make sure to have some popcorn with you when you do that.

7+ Year Old Account
    "lol bro if you dont want to be instakilled just go to your garrison lol"
    "also wod was bad because everyone spent the entire expansion in the garrison"
    My sides.
    its literally just a few days, not years, grow up.

I solo was able to take on 1-2 on my own, in a group we took on 4-6
    maybe get good at the game.
    Okay and what gear do you have? Are you insisting that somebody who is not geared to the teeth should just be dying to a single ghoul or something? Lol.

Sorry I offended you by insisting Blizzard can make some sensible changes to make individual ghouls weak and not as strong as a level capped player.

- - - Updated - - -

its literally just a few days, not years, grow up.
    You mean weeks to a month. Also, man, you can be toxic.

7+ Year Old Account
    its not an old event.
    and cause by allowing players not to participate it ruins the fun, the whole fun is this swarm of fear and destruction, if you can just press a button and be perfectly safe it no longer becomes a threat.

its the same thing as

"Why dont they just let people get mythic gear with the press of a button? why is having the option so bad? for those who want mythic they can do it, but for those of us who dont care, why cant we just skip it?"

I won't be unsubbing because there's the entire Shadowlands event that will still go on, all that stuff is new. I'll just try my hardest to do the new stuff and wait till the expansion.
    Right now, there isn't much new.

Old ghouls rampaging around, old bosses in Icecrown dropping old loot roughly equivalent to ilvl 445 gear with altered stats and slightly different names. The only actually new thing I can see is fighting Nathanos.

Maybe they'll add a mount or a gear set, but judging based on the current elements, I wouldn't say you'd miss out on all that much.