Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The feeling of a living world like Black desert, i think i fished for over a hundred hours alone in that game building my raft and went out fishing to make tons of money. Beautiful waters and world too.

Guild wars 2's world also feels much more alive then wow.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I would encourage you to read the words I wrote before replying again. Pay close attention to the part where it's utterly fucking ridiculous to believe that the same 12 million people who played a video game at the height of its popularity more than a fucking decade ago should all still be playing the same fucking game today. You're out of your fucking mind if you think is a reasonable thing to suggest. Moreover, the real reason subscriber levels aren't reported anymore is because... get this. You ready? You might wanna buckle your seat belt for this one. Okay? You good? Subscriber numbers never meant anything to players in the first place! And they mean less now than they did when they were reported. We don't know why people quit nor do we know the number of people who came back to play. (Believe it or not, people do come back to WoW. Shitty internet arguments like this only ever seem to focus on the reasons people quit but since WoW uses a subscription model new player generation is an important factor in how the game operates.) In fact, the only fucking thing I ever see subscriber levels used to argue are stupid fucking things like, "{x feature} caused {y number} of people to quit the game, therefore {x feature} is bad!!!" Meanwhile, we have actual game developers who have seen WoW's retention data on the record saying that individual features very rarely cause people to unsubscribe from the game. But hey, what do people whose job it was to figure out why people quit WoW and who have seen its retention data know?! Random Internet Forum Poster #2182-D has correlated 2 million subscriber losses with the introduction of the LFR, there's no way somebody would just go on the internet and tell lies, right?!

Fuck man. I'm sorry, but you're still inventing numbers to support shitty arguments. You keep doing you, though, you'll find plenty of people entirely incapable of any amount of critical thinking to support your paperthin, surface-level rebukes of WoW.
    Im not inventing anything, it supports what im saying as the players have quit because the game just doesnt evolve and its past its prime, the only thing it does slightly better is dungeons and raids and thats not really enough to hold the majority of players, it just needs to die and another MMO needs to come along, there is no challenge left in WoW and its just boring.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Faction wide gold is an absolute no brainier, and account wide would be even better.

Per server, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Allowing cross faction groups, WoW is one of the few mmo's that have faction barriers and it is simply an outdated design as most people do not give a shit about faction wars. To top it all off the tech to do it is already implemented within the game and has been for many expansions now when they allowed representing the opposite faction when PvP was imbalanced, it literally just slapped a Halloween mask from the other faction on you and then you could PvP with them.

This would be nice but Noooooooo.... Director say this is part of core to wow. An outdated core...15 fucking years of pointless fucking faction war that fight over same color crayon they want.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    This would be nice but Noooooooo.... Director say this is part of core to wow. An outdated core...15 fucking years of pointless fucking faction war that fight over same color crayon they want.
    It will happen eventually but it has to have a major lore reason.

Not sure how to quantify small in this context:

Mount system from GW2.

Dye system from GW2.

Player housing from Wildstar.

Weapon choice freedom from ESO.

Multi-word names.

Character bios.

More RP-related skills and tools.

Sell orders in the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkess View Post
    Been playing a lot of Swtor recently and it has got me thinking on some of the small QOL changes that game has that I think would make great improvements to World of Warcraft such as a account wide bank where you can store credits (gold)and a profession material unlimited bagslot on your character for holding all your materials.

What small QOL changes or features do you think other MMOs do that WoW should possibly include?
    Enemies are always scaled to your level.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    None. The most successful MMO doesn't need to copy anything from less successful MMOs
    so it didnt copy the auction house setup from guild wars 2 when it was updated?

a trading profession like in BDO.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Im not inventing anything, it supports what im saying as the players have quit because the game just doesnt evolve and its past its prime, the only thing it does slightly better is dungeons and raids and thats not really enough to hold the majority of players, it just needs to die and another MMO needs to come along, there is no challenge left in WoW and its just boring.
    We don't know how many players are subscribed to WoW right now and even if we did, it's an absolutely ridiculous argument to say that the only reason that it isn't as popular as it was in its prime is because the game has "failed to evolve" or whatever nonsense you think supports your argument. People don't quit WoW because of features they don't like. They quit WoW because they move the fuck on with their lives. So again, I ask you to stop trying to use imaginary numbers to support your weak arguments -- WoW is not without its flaws but using its peak popularity as an example of Blizzard doing everything right vs its current popularity being an example of Blizzard doing everything wrong is an inherently weak argument because in order for this to be accurate you'd have to assume that both a.) nobody would have ever quit WoW had it not changed from WotLK and b.) it glosses over a lot of the salient positive changes Blizzard has made to the game to keep it appealing to its current audience. Arguments like yours are made by upset ex-WoW players who mistakenly believe that it's perfectly normal for a video game to have the same appeal the entire time it exists. Please stop doing this.

We don't know how many players are subscribed to WoW right now and even if we did, it's an absolutely ridiculous argument to say that the only reason that it isn't as popular as it was in its prime is because the game has "failed to evolve" or whatever nonsense you think supports your argument. People don't quit WoW because of features they don't like. They quit WoW because they move the fuck on with their lives. So again, I ask you to stop trying to use imaginary numbers to support your weak arguments -- WoW is not without its flaws but using its peak popularity as an example of Blizzard doing everything right vs its current popularity being an example of Blizzard doing everything wrong is an inherently weak argument because in order for this to be accurate you'd have to assume that both a.) nobody would have ever quit WoW had it not changed from WotLK and b.) it glosses over a lot of the salient positive changes Blizzard has made to the game to keep it appealing to its current audience. Arguments like yours are made by upset ex-WoW players who mistakenly believe that it's perfectly normal for a video game to have the same appeal the entire time it exists. Please stop doing this.
    Blizzard have been doing things wrong for years, unable to balance classes, changing classes every expansion when it was not needed, but the numbers still stand and all available data proves this so you should stop lying to yourself the numbers i gave are a good estimate of how wow is at best, you cant prove me wrong.

WoWs problem is it doesnt really change, its the same content over and over nothing really new or innovative thats why ppl quit, they get bored of doing the same stuff because blizzard are too lazy to evolve the game any further.

Blizzard have been doing things wrong for years, unable to balance classes, changing classes every expansion when it was not needed, but the numbers still stand and all available data proves this so you should stop lying to yourself the numbers i gave are a good estimate of how wow is at best, you cant prove me wrong.
    Dude -- seriously?! Are you actually incapable of reading? Not only have I repeatedly explained to you why the numbers you're grasping onto are meaningless (we don't why people quit nor do we know how many people resubscribed during the same period), I've even given you a direct fucking quote from the previous lead developer of the video game that pretty much tosses the entire basis of your garbage argument into the trash bin. And yet here you are, still making the same shitty argument, using the same shitty logic to make the same shitty claims.

Cool.

WoWs problem is it doesnt really change, its the same content over and over nothing really new or innovative thats why ppl quit, they get bored of doing the same stuff because blizzard are too lazy to evolve the game any further.
    What the fuck does this even mean? What is this nebulous "failure to evolve" you're speaking about? It sounds to me like you're just upset you weren't personally contacted by Blizzard before they decided to change the game. And yeah, I get that you're the center of the known universe and all that but in the grand scheme of themes one angry dude on an internet forum really isn't all that important.

snip
    I simply stated a fact, WoW has lost most of its playerbase and you pretend it doesnt matter, it is your argument that has no meaning, when WoW stops making enough money then you will get even more sub par quality content, the game is just boring and the company is just following the same pattern and your getting the exact same content every expansion. You have provided nothing that has proven what i have said wrong, if a game is good then it shouldnt really matter how old the game is should it.

Most major thing I think that is LONGGGG overdue for WoW to copy or make better is FF14 ilvl sync for raids. I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE that a lot of people will never be able to experience Ulduar or ICC in the LFR.

Here is how I would fix the LFR situation:
    1. LFR now gives you a random raid
    2. There is a currency reward for a vendor for low level gear equivalent to Normal or whatever people think is fair

Or simply add a feature that auto syncs you down to the ilvl of that raid so that guilds can go into older raids for fun and the challenge. So many raids and 15 years of history just wasted due to ilvl bloat. Timewalking is not the same.

Imagine Throne of Thunder but ilvl synced. These legendary raids in WoW's history that are just wasted and now farmed solo for mounts. It is so depressing how much content and history is wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Most major thing I think that is LONGGGG overdue for WoW to copy or make better is FF14 ilvl sync for raids. I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE that a lot of people will never be able to experience Ulduar or ICC in the LFR.

2. There is a currency reward for a vendor for low level gear equivalent to Normal or whatever people think is fair

Or simply add a feature that auto syncs you down to the ilvl of that raid so that guilds can go into older raids for fun and the challenge. So many raids and 15 years of history just wasted due to ilvl bloat. Timewalking is not the same.

Imagine Throne of Thunder but ilvl synced. These legendary raids in WoW's history that are just wasted and now farmed solo for mounts. It is so depressing how much content and history is wasted.
    yeah i get you it's one of my main gripes with WoW. people keep saying WoW is the greatest ever because it has 15 years worth of content but that's not really true unless you played through all of it when it was current. for a new player it's probably 1 of the smallest games ever when you look at endgame content.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

I simply stated a fact, WoW has lost most of its playerbase and you pretend it doesnt matter, it is your argument that has no meaning, when WoW stops making enough money then you will get even more sub par quality content, the game is just boring and the company is just following the same pattern and your getting the exact same content every expansion. You have provided nothing that has proven what i have said wrong, if a game is good then it shouldnt really matter how old the game is should it.
    No game ever has a continuous increase in players. Eventually they all get to a point where the new players coming in is less than the number of players leaving for various reasons. How many new subs do you seriously expect a 15+ year old game to gain?

Clearly there are enough players that enjoy "sub par" content that WoW is still profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post

How is it wasted if people still do it for mounts, transmog, and pets? Blizzard has stated that before LFR they had considered removing raids because it was an extremely small number of players who did them and even after LFR most of people never step foot in a current raid. How many guilds would actually do old content just for the fun and challenge?
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-08-14 at 05:47 PM.

I want mounts like the ones in GW2, that actually feel like a mount and not just a generic speed boost.
    Give them momentum, traction, super jumps, gravity lifting platforms.

A lot of these aren’t “small” things. I’d love if they got back to some flavor stuff that used to be in the game like being able to make campfires. I think SL is going a ways to helping bring that flavor stuff back, a lot of it being small things (eg Paladins getting sense undead). Just do more of that class or profession based stuff that adds nothing really to gameplay. Just fun little things.

They should copy the class design and boss difficulty from classic WoW. I enjoy having to do almost no work at all and get the best gear in the game.

So your opinion that the game is worse now than it was at its peak popularity is a fact because... you say so?

Gotcha. Nice argument, dude.