Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy View Post
    And amusingly enough, 3/4 of those didn't even survive the expansion they were first introduced!
    Actually only the BFA ones (Islands and Warfronts) at least so far. Scenarios evolved and became integrated into a lot of the game, just not queued for. For Islands and Warfronts we will have to see if that tech gets impemented elsewhere.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Actually only the BFA ones (Islands and Warfronts) at least so far. Scenarios evolved and became integrated into a lot of the game, just not queued for. For Islands and Warfronts we will have to see if that tech gets impemented elsewhere.
    Yeah but I presumed what they meant was the feature actually called 'Scenarios'. And that feature only existed for MoP.

You’ll need to be strategic about how you take on these combat puzzles

or just press the button the addon tells you to that optimizes everything

The only thing I dread more of this unsuccessful feature being used again and again is if they some how decide the Tortollan stuff was clearly a success and the game needs more of it, if they mini game this and then just make it an endless grind with literal childrens games over and over I will... be severely disappointed, I dunno how hyperbolic I want this statement to be. At least that horrible rep grind was more or less optional. But you just know they are going to gate like... using mounts behind this shit or something. You know things like these features are just dudes in the EA boardroom going "How can we waste their time without actually spending real money developing the game. Oh I know... my toddlers love memory, lets make them grind that"
    Last edited by Sonneillon; 2020-08-14 at 09:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bearlolz View Post
    or just press the button the addon tells you to that optimizes everything
    Kind of like pet battling, gear optimization, or any other feature that addons make redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Although, this "Autobattler" idea could be cool if they would spend more resources into it, instead of just a very generic looking UI. Instead of this it could be something like a mini Raid: Shadow Legends (of all the things) where you'd actually see the NPC's do battle in a iconic setting, for example instead of this UI there could be a window which would show a part of a raid in the game just as it looks like if you go there and the NPC's would be fully rendered in 3D instead of just icons jumping around.

It would be way much cooler than just a text based "adventure" you'd just want to skip as quickly as possible. That feedback window on the left side of the UI is so crowded and full of stuff... If it was designed like Raid: Shadow Legends, this combat log could be completely hidden and they could show damage numbers just above the NPC's using icons for damage types etc. Keep it clean!
    I would love this actually. Would be so much more fun if it was made more in depth.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Even tho it was claimed? They literally said "These are not like the missions you've done in the past" only to showcase just how similar they are to Missions in the exact same stream. They said they wanted these to be more "fun" or some shit like that, even tho you're just going to be as bored doing it as you always are. BUT OH LOOK, THIS TIME YOU CAN SEE IT...
    No, they literally said "it's an extension of the mission system", and that they want to give it a bit more depth so it feels less like a coin flip and more like simulated combat.

Missions shouldn't be in the main game. In an app, sure, why not? Not in the main game though, as there is almost nothing of flavor in them at all.

The actual showcase in both Beta and here just confirms these "worries".
    What worries? That you don't find them entertaining? "Personally I think it's boring" is not a valid reason for something to be removed from the game, and forcing people to do stuff on their phone for things in game instead of doing either is retarded design.

When will they stop wasting time and resources on this pathetic mobile nonsense?

Lol it's auto gay chess.

I hope this isn't required to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No, they literally said "it's an extension of the mission system", and that they want to give it a bit more depth so it feels less like a coin flip and more like simulated combat.

What worries? That you don't find them entertaining? "Personally I think it's boring" is not a valid reason for something to be removed from the game, and forcing people to do stuff on their phone for things in game instead of doing either is retarded design.
    It's a fundamentally unnecessary system that Blizzard wastes precious resources on instead of other shit. Idc how "different" it looks, it's still a boring fucking facebook game.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    It lets them put in the bare minimum of design effort; no voice acting, very little art needed, less testing needed to catch all the bugs.

All they need to do to "tell our followers' stories" is a bit of quest text and picking some names for the zones our followers are supposed to have gone to, and the enemies they're supposed to have fought.
    So true, it is a time sink for the players with very little time investment from the developers and while its no fun for most players, the Acti/Blizz finance guys probably love the idea of best return on investment on paper. Just because the WoW developers will be looking for another job soon doesn't mean they should stop doing it though right?...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    Yeah thx act-blizz but nah. I play my rpg game to do adventures myself.
    WELL SAID!

Ok Blizz, let's try to fix this.
    You send your little npc party to a mission, and when they have done with all the minions and are before the last boss they will contact you and wait for your orders. You can call them back with all the loot and xp they got from the first part of the mission, or they can summon you to try to kill the boss for some big extra reward. In this case, you (solo or with a couple of friends) will partecipate in a short scenario where you will fight a raid-like boss alongside your npc followers. If you lose this fight, you don't get any reward and your followers won't level up and have to pay some currency to revive your allies.
    Now do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the love of all that is unholy, please stop with the mission table nonsense.

More and more I tend to dislike these extra features, or rather, distractions in the game. Personally I'd like a bigger focus on the core part of the game instead. Make leveling great, make PVE great, make PVP great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mivoc View Post
    I wish they would just sunset these mission tables. Do people actually enjoy these?
    Do you enjoy fetching 4 boar ribs for the Dwarf at the Inn?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    When will they stop wasting time and resources on this pathetic mobile nonsense?
    When you stop subbing and buying all their expansions bud.

Oh boy, the UI team officially gave up on this thing. The combat-log screenshots look like some random DOS game from the late 90's, they really didn't give a shit and threw UI elements here and there to ship it asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    When you stop subbing and buying all their expansions bud.
    I'm not subbed. I haven't bought Shadowlands and I never will.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish they would stop with the mission table and followers nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Just because they forcefully integrated their precious scenarios into the game, doesn't mean it wasn't a failure. It was, but they simply removed any choice from players regarding it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.