Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What New Class Would've Worked Well with Shadowlands?

I would say probably Necromancer or Lich class, if we were going to get any new classes, these two would be one of the options I'd want.

Necromancer Races:
    Alliance:
    - Human
    - Night Elf (Because they don't have access to Warlock, so maybe they'd raise the fallen elves?)
    - Gnome
    - Velf
    - Dwarf

Horde:
    - Troll
    - Orc
    - Undead
    - Goblin
    - Nightborne

Lich:
    I'm not really sure what races would work well with a Lich class, but I'd 100% imagine that maybe Undead would work well?

Lich isn't really a class--they're special undead beings. Necromancer or some kind of undeath-wielding class would be the most likely option. But, IMO, it doesn't really make sense because DK already fits that theme. Warlocks also occupy the basic concept of a necromancer but with a demonic flavor.

Classes that use all types of magic would also fit into about any expansion. ie: Classes like Theurges or Mystics or Runemasters.

new Anima-Caster/Soul-Shaper themed class.

4 Specs based on Covenants.
    Venthyr Gargoyle-form tanking
    Kyrian healing
    Necrolord ranged DPS
    Night Fae ranged DPS/healing hybrid

Wears mail
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2020-07-28 at 06:50 PM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by esoy View Post
    Lich isn't really a class--they're special undead beings.
    DK is too "special undead beings" but this not stoped them to be implemented in WOW.

"Hello zombie, i have runic blade there for you to use, pls be faithful minion for Arthas sake"

"But remember do not use powers of that blade against Arthas, or else you gonna be free ....and with powers akin to our Lich King... so pls do not rebel"
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2020-07-28 at 06:51 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Necromancer was a no-brainer for Shadowlands, and was almost expected. When it wasn't announced, it was kind of a letdown. I agree with most of your choices except Night Elves, just doesn't fit a race that relies so heavily on the cosmic force of Life. I would do...

Necromancer Races:
    Alliance:
    - Human
    - Worgen
    - Gnome
    - Void Elf
    - Dwarf

Horde:
    - Troll
    - Orc
    - Undead
    - Goblin
    - Nightborne
    - Zandalari (with their closeness to Loas of Death, seems cool and logical)

Dark Ranger

Thematically I'd say Soulshaper(All 3 Roles) They could work like druids and change forms(shape) with role, wearing Mail possibly Cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Necromancer was a no-brainer for Shadowlands, and was almost expected. When it wasn't announced, it was kind of a letdown. I agree with most of your choices except Night Elves, just doesn't fit a race that relies so heavily on the cosmic force of Life. I would do...

Necromancer Races:
    Alliance:
    - Human
    - Worgen
    - Gnome
    - Void Elf
    - Dwarf

Horde:
    - Troll
    - Orc
    - Undead
    - Goblin
    - Nightborne
    - Zandalari (with their closeness to Loas of Death, seems cool and logical)
    It was an extreme let down. I've wanted Necromancer since I started in Vanilla and have mained a Warlock the entire time because it is the closest to it. Death Knight is cool, but I prefer to play casters over melee. They could have filled this niche and failed to, and thats nothing short of an extreme let down for me as a player.

Also your race list is pretty much spot on.

I think a class inspired by Souls/Ghosts/Blood would have worked

First spec could be about souls/Ghosts/spirits etc. No spec fills this niche yet. It resembles bwonsamdi .
    Shadowlands is about souls of the dead, so it fits

Second spec is Blood/Bones/Toxic/slimes etc and resembles maldraxxus and revendreth

Since hunters are going to be able to tame and bring back pets from the Shadowlands i think it would have been cool to have a race/class combo whose starting area would be its covenant realm that is on the verge of dying from the anima starvation + Jailer machinations and so had to flee eventually joining us mortals on Azeroth since they no longer have their "true" realm to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeria View Post
    I would say probably Necromancer
    Ah, I see you too wish to be visited by a certain mech-loving poster.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dark ranger being fully fleshed out would've been interesting.

I dont think there will be added anymore classes. Blizzard struggles enough as it is with balancing what they currently have.

5+ Year Old Account
    I can image possibility to add one of these classes:

1) Necromancer - setup as class needed to gain new Forsaken, or easy way to bring citizen of Shadowlands to mortal realm aka resurrect them with necromancy (in random dead body), or they can be acolytes(that gonna REBEL) to Kel'thuzad that runs amok around at Shadowlands.
    2) Lich - same story with Kel'thuzad.
    3) Runemaster - with Runecarver possible to be one of ageless (maybe leader of Maldraxxus), he helps us with runes and maybe gonna be very grateful if we set him free to teach us some rune shenanigans.
    4) Dark Ranger - cant believe that they would kill-off Sylvanas without *selling* cough making her class playable to lure masses of elf fans. (see DK+DH, there a Will of D). There must be DR!
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2020-07-28 at 09:19 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Necromancer
    Specs:
    Palemaster: Healer spec. Heals through damage by syphoning the life force force of enemies. Able to place a sort of HoT on friendly players lasting 30 mins buff your leech stat by X amount.
    Dreadmaster: Ranged tank. Tanks with a Shadow of itself. It and the Shadowmirror share health. It allows the caster to enter the realm of shadow (so the user doesn't need to avoid mechanics of both it and the shadowmirror). The caster is immune to damage in the shadow realm.
    Crypt keeper: Ranged undead minion commander. Think Necromancer in D2.

A valkyrie class that uses spears and shields with group healing and shielding effects while it tanks or goes dps.

Campfire class

Oooo I like that idea. Maybe it could have some lore with the Kyrian covenant? - Reply to Itori