Shadowlands gearscaling and sockets

hello,

did allot of mythic dungeons see allot of players with chest 3 sockets and all other gear with allot of sockets to boost there performace. how do u get al this ? is it easy to get i think so since allot of players got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloempje View Post
    hello,

did allot of mythic dungeons see allot of players with chest 3 sockets and all other gear with allot of sockets to boost there performace. how do u get al this ? is it easy to get i think so since allot of players got it.
    Its gear from previous expacs that get crafted or dropped above 60 (i think ilvl) then m+ scales that ilvl up for testing.

Basically people are cheesing dungeons with no affixes and god like gear for.... reasons i guess instead of actually testing classes as intended at that ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    instead of actually testing classes as intended at that ilvl.
    You aren't going to be doing +20s in ilvl 215 gear which is the scaling we get in M+ atm.

I, at the beginning was also a "purist", but frankly you aren't going to be doing any decent M+ with that soup of random stats gear we get baseline and effectively no trinkets. So in my opinion it's fine to let people cheese, if anything it's more realistic representation of what will happen when people will optimize their gear with proper stats and enter proper M+ with proper ilvl and actual trinkets that are more than placeholder stat sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You aren't going to be doing +20s in ilvl 215 gear which is the scaling we get in M+ atm.

I, at the beginning was also a "purist", but frankly you aren't going to be doing any decent M+ with that soup of random stats gear we get baseline and effectively no trinkets. So in my opinion it's fine to let people cheese, if anything it's more realistic representation of what will happen when people will optimize their gear with proper stats and enter proper M+ with proper ilvl and actual trinkets that are more than placeholder stat sticks.
    Its funny watching streamers run 23s then get completely wrecked in 15-17s with affixes on.

And also no, people wont have 26 sockets on their gear while having basically heroic ilvl raid gear on.

Edit- casters are also running the 3 and 2 pc from god knows when for 22% sp. Again not going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Its funny watching streamers run 23s then get completely wrecked in 15-17s with affixes on.

And also no, people wont have 26 sockets on their gear while having basically heroic ilvl raid gear on.

Edit- casters are also running the 3 and 2 pc from god knows when for 22% sp. Again not going to happen.
    This hardly matters in the end - broken builds in M+ are broken not because of sockets but because they are flat out OP. My character is low effort - I only run like 10 sockets in Beta + optimized gear and actual decent trinkets, but that's enough to annihilate M+ because Destruction Infernal spam build is pretty darn OP there. Same goes for Sub rogues with their Shadowstrike legendary and so on.

Sockets are nice, but it's not what's "breaking" things there. If I'd have 10 more sockets or 10 less it would effectively change nothing.

Things that are broken are very obviously so at the moment, because Blizz still did not do any sort of big nerfs to various, well-known busted combos. It's not like a guy with 20 sockets that wrecks shit would suddenly be "a okay" without said sockets, because usually it's down to actual cheese cov/legendary/talent combo that is busted by default.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-09-03 at 08:49 AM.