Thread: Valorant issues

Valorant issues

Hi all hope you're all doing well. I wanted to talk about Valorant as many people misinterpret what this game actually is. Having not been able to play it myself I can only go off what I've seen so far. People compare it to Overwatch due to its aesthetic but in my humble opinion it is more comparable with Apex Legends looks wise. Gameplay wise it looks like a blatant nod to Counter Strike. Which for me is a win win as I enjoy both said games.

My issue though, and I'm sure many others are experiencing the same thing, is that upon installation it installs anti-cheat software. (A very invasive one) At first I dismissed even the thought of trying to play it in it's current state, but as an OG gamer I can tell just by looking at a game whether it is good or not. Eventually my interest outweighed the negative topics surrounding the games controversial monetising and software addons and I decided... f*** it it can't be that bad I mean after all there will be far less cheating going on which is one of the main reasons I don't play the new CoD BR and why I stopped playing CS. I absolutely f***ing despise cheaters.

Anyway I'm losing my trail of thought here, upon installing the game and trying to launch it I was greeted by a message stating Vanguard needs to be active whilst playing the game. This anti-cheat software bricked my keyboard and I've been trying to find a way around it so I can play. I've found a thread on reddit with a supposed fix but I'm still struggling to get the game to run. I was wondering how many people have this exact same problem and If anyone does actually know of a fix for the issue. If anyone out there knows of such a fix I would be extremely grateful if you could share your method on getting the keyboard to work again. Thanks in advance.

Greendog

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/VALORANT/co...sabling_mouse/

This is the fix that I tried but it didn't work for me
    Last edited by Greendog; 2020-08-11 at 03:11 PM.

I can't believe not one person on MMOC has nothing to say about Valorant. I thought it a hotter topic than the common one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    I can't believe not one person on MMOC has nothing to say about Valorant. I thought it a hotter topic than the common one.
    I just coincidentally saw someone play Valorant. I had to ask what it was because I was sure it was Smite but something felt off. It was not Overwatch for sure because there was a budget Reaper with a mask instead of the hood. I feel like there are too many similar games to justify the small changes here and there.

This is to reply to your second post. For the first, I am afraid I don't know, but I hope that my contribution can bump this thread up and to the attention of someone that can help.

Probably because of this:https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...night-Thoughts

Honestly gave it a try when it came out in public beta, suddenly realized why I play neither Overwatch nor CSGO.

Imo Valorant fixes none of the issues of Overwatch and none of the issues of CSGO. Instead, it combines problems of both.

peakers advantage worse than in cs:go

when you play with 10 ping and have 244hz monitor and get shot by 3 bullets and only see the guy 0.1 sec you know that something is bad.

Its a fun game but need a lots of tweaking imo csgo > valorant by far but i can understand that the casuals would prefer valorant since its way easier to start playing

10+ Year Old Account
    I wont play it cause of its Draconic anticheat software. I am not letting a thirdparty install a kernel based application that runs prior to OS to play Overwatch meets CSGO.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather keep playing TF2
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I wont play it cause of its Draconic anticheat software. I am not letting a thirdparty install a kernel based application that runs prior to OS to play Overwatch meets CSGO.
    My main reason for not even installing it myself. I enjoyed CS since 1.6 and would gladly give this one a spin but not at that cost.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I played Valorant in beta and a bit live.

It's alright, the issue is if you come from a cs1.xx background or even csgo, which the game is a clear love letter to CS War3 Mod, there are some issues. Namely the gunplay is... disappointing. The weapons have all too similar performance, almost everything having a pop-up site was a mistake, recoil can be hard to track and even random at times, combined with the issues of round tracing making it hard to see where you are shooting. Other issues such as poor sound design and foot steps being way too loud and audible at distance....

The game has possibility, but the actual game play before the powers needs to be tightened up a lot.

PS: you have to use that antanticheat, don't try to go around it, you'll just get banned.