Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I want dual wielding, unholy tanking back. Unholy blight and a pet while tanking was fantastic. Killed the class for me when they removed it. I still level it, but it lost all of its fire and fight for me. It's just a shell of what is used to be and all I can do is remember what it felt like to be an unholy tank back in Wrath when I play it.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I want dual wielding, unholy tanking back. Unholy blight and a pet while tanking was fantastic. Killed the class for me when they removed it. I still level it, but it lost all of its fire and fight for me. It's just a shell of what is used to be and all I can do is remember what it felt like to be an unholy tank back in Wrath when I play it.
    I get that the freedom of the Wrath talents was amazing, but nobody trying to help their group out was dual-wielding as UH tank with a perma-pet. This is coming from UH tank for life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isaelyn View Post
    Not to be pedantic but the original incarnation of shadow frost went deeper into unholy than it did frost, that only changed later when they very specifically moved howling blast 10 points deeper into the frost tree in a mid expansion balance patch specifically in an effort to kill shadowfrost because it was unapologetically overpowered.

Anyway I have mixed feelings on this because while I can see where the idea that unholy fits dual wielding better thing comes from with the concept of unholy frenzy, there is also the problem that the fantasy of the unholy DK is to be the lich king, which means emulating the lich kings weapon type. (This is also why frost DKs getting "frostmourne" baffled me, since it's entire powerset was tailor made for unholy and the weapon unholy did end up getting, apocalypse, was 100% a frostmorne knockoff in it's abilities and lore. )

But where talents used to be doesn't really hold much water, since all things considered blood's main defense bone shield also used to be a deep unholy talent. I do kind of like the idea of DW blood stacking bleeds though. Kind of fits the whole vampire thing they have going on.
    Not trying to sharpshoot you, but the thing about shadowfrost wasn't that it was incredibly overpowered (because it wasn't topping raid charts by any means), it's that it was able to do nearly all of its damage from range, making it great for PvP, and the devs didn't appreciate the creative use of talents.

It had one! They change? Just not viabs?