Page 31 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    How does a game that is already released in other regions AND already have early access delay it's launch???
    Because they spun up more servers at the last minute, it seems, and it's taking longer than they expected. Which usually happens when you wait until the very last minute to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    The game is kinda fun, I like it, don't love it yet. I'm only level 13, but confused as heck where to go or what to do, except follow the orange main quests. All the menus and stuff is overwhelming and I am lost with all that stuff.

But I did get into the mini scenario / dungeon areas on the maps, and blasting through those are fun. I imagine playing with a group and mowing down trash mobs and bosses could be super cool.
    Classes start feeling awesome once you get more skill points.

I was kinda meh on Gunlancer until it started getting skill points and it became a (literal) blast.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because they spun up more servers at the last minute, it seems, and it's taking longer than they expected. Which usually happens when you wait until the very last minute to do something.
    That makes sense I guess. I wasn't upset. I didn't expect to play today anyways. It just had me curious.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Watching people flip out over this has been quite entertaining honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    *waiting for the server to be finally released again* oh and it's so nice of them to grant everyone that prepurchased another foundairs pack
    love WoWarcraft

so, hey for yet another "successful" launch for Amazon ?
    I love how the twit say they "HOPE" the problem is only a matter of hours....

oh, well, I woke up 2h after the launch hour, and I'm happy I didn't cut my sleep for nothing ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    I love how the twit say they "HOPE" the problem is only a matter of hours....
    Lots of moving parts, so they can't commit lest they miss that time and everyone gets outraged that Amazon "lied". No clue why they waited until the last minute to deploy these servers or how much is on them vs. Smilegate (they may have been waiting on Smilegate to approve expanded servers), but it is what it is.

Man, for all the resources and access to talent with the money they have, AGS continues to impress with how they manage to fuck shit up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does everything AGS touches turn to shit?

Really, who is the genius that went on and decided to do a patch and maintenance to deploy it on Friday 4 hours before global release. That's stuff of memes right there - asking for shit to go tits up.

And yes, server situation is another mess that should not have happened - I have no idea why game studios/publishers keep fucking this up. "Lets not open many servers, they will be empty 1 month in... OH SHIII WE HAVE 8 hour queues quickly open more servers!!!". Same shit every fucking time - if that's what you do in the end, what was the point beating around the bush to begin with?
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2022-02-11 at 09:03 PM.

Lots of moving parts, so they can't commit lest they miss that time and everyone gets outraged that Amazon "lied". No clue why they waited until the last minute to deploy these servers or how much is on them vs. Smilegate (they may have been waiting on Smilegate to approve expanded servers), but it is what it is.

Man, for all the resources and access to talent with the money they have, AGS continues to impress with how they manage to fuck shit up.
    I imagine someone was praying really really hard that they would fix it in time for launch but that they had to post-pone it last minute when that didn't happen.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I imagine someone was praying really really hard that they would fix it in time for launch but that they had to post-pone it last minute when that didn't happen.
    Everyone with a lick of sense could tell to not patch hours before global release and on the end of the week that is. It's a cumulative fuckup, it's not some rocket science - it's something every bloody kid code monkey and junior PM knows nowadays - you don't deploy updates last day of the week AND few hours before frikkin' global launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Everyone with a lick of sense could tell to not patch hours before global release and on the end of the week that is. It's a cumulative fuckup, it's not some rocket science - it's something every bloody kid code monkey and junior PM knows nowadays - you don't deploy updates last day of the week AND few hours before frikkin' global launch.
    Not saying they were not dumb, or there could have been something really crucial to need a patch (like a dupe exploit being found). Just offering up why perhaps they waited until 10min before release to announce the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugho View Post
    It's in 15 minutes.
    I've come from the future to say: "Hahahaha, nope."

Honestly though, absolutely nobody on this site should be either surprised or upset if they can't play the game for the next few days. I say this as someone who paid for a founders pack. MMO releases in a new market are almost never smooth, expecting to play them on day one is foolish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Not saying they were not dumb, or there could have been something really crucial to need a patch (like a dupe exploit being found). Just offering up why perhaps they waited until 10min before release to announce the delay.
    I have no idea what hour/time was in America but at 4 or 2PM here they twitted "Good morning *coffee emoji*" (UwU) all cute and crap
    Moments later

Maintanance bitches...and then...delay bitches...

Im frustrated

People were duping the founders pack boxes, so there were hundreds of platinum founders packs up on the ingame Auction House. I'm guessing they wanted to nip that in the bud before all the F2P players came in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

the high number of pack buyers from the start should have been an alarm already...

oh they are going to give us 3 days crystalline aura to everyone that log in from the launch (already more than 5h late) until the same hour on the 13th... but what if they don't even launch at that date ?
    premium pack buyer get ever more for they money, F2P like us can just go cry somewhere else I suppose

nice politics from amazon : how to kill your playerbase and future revenues 101

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    Dont worry guys im pretty sure this MMO will make history
    For one simple fact

Runs well on crap computers

Let me rephrase that:

Runs EXTREMELY WELL on crap computers.

That alone is enough history being made...but the game is also actually good. (at least pvp)
    Running on max settings on my 2013 rig at a locked 60fps (can I uncap it?)

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Well, there is certainly a lot of it going on, tbf.
    but if you don't attract F2P with honey, then frustrate them with all those premium bonus they could get for a small small use of their credit card......

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Running on max settings on my 2013 rig at a locked 60fps (can I uncap it?)
    I know nothing about computers (>_<)
    But me, for example, bought New World and everytime i died i had to wait for a 6-8 min loading screen.

I instantly refunded after that.
    So i got the Steam achievement of "player death" and immediately refunded...

So i just "assume" my PC is crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might give this a crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    the high number of pack buyers from the start should have been an alarm already...

oh they are going to give us 3 days crystalline aura to everyone that log in from the launch (already more than 5h late) until the same hour on the 13th... but what if they don't even launch at that date ?
    premium pack buyer get ever more for they money, F2P like us can just go cry somewhere else I suppose

nice politics from amazon : how to kill your playerbase and future revenues 101
    ... your surprised they don't give FREE players compensation for downtime?
    Your playing for free, how fucking entitled can you be?