Page 37 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Considering how the Lost Ark store is, it's quite comparable to say, Clash of Clans. Pay for convenience.
    I have no idea how CoC is monetized. I do not touch dogshit mobile games.
    You are totally fine with ingame store in WoW (already paid for subscription and all xpacks) but saying it is bad for having 'pay for convenience' one in FREE game.
    Nice logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I have no idea how CoC is monetized. I do not touch dogshit mobile games.
    You are totally fine with ingame store in WoW (already paid for subscription and all xpacks) but saying it is bad for having 'pay for convenience' one in FREE game.
    Nice logic.
    The game is made to be inconvenient unless you pay. Which is a worry people who knows something about monetization in games are worried about with Lost Ark.

Which isn't surprising, considering the things you can buy in that store.

Wows store doesn't even come close to being that potentially disruptive. That doesn't mean a ingame store isnt trash, no matter what game it is.
    Hi

The game is made to be inconvenient unless you pay. Which is a worry people who knows something about monetization in games are worried about with Lost Ark.

Which isn't surprising, considering the things you can buy in that store.
    I am almost lvl 30 now and did not open store once and have no idea what i can even buy.
    If i feel it is p2w and as as f2p player i can't be strong as others paying i will quit immediately.

Wows store doesn't even come close to being that potentially disruptive. That doesn't mean a ingame store isnt trash, no matter what game it is.
    This is funny as you clearly defended WoW store in other threads like HERE.

Anyway - no longer interested in arguing with you.

I am almost lvl 30 now and did not open store once and have no idea what i can even buy.
    If i feel it is p2w and as as f2p player i can't be strong as others paying i will quit immediately.

Thit is funny as you clearly defended WoW store in other threads like HERE.

Anyway - no longer interested in arguing with you.
    I checked the in-game store and it is mostly cosmetics and p2befaster (more xp, etc...).

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    You get one pass for completing Vern and another from somewhere else (I forgot), so no need to pay gold for two chars.
    You get the second one after using the first one I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    I totally get the appeal of Korean MMORPGs

Is a combo of "Pretty" + "flashy animation" + "action gameplay" + "Customization"

The thing is...ive been on MMO-C for 10 years and i know people here are nothing like me!
    They are not what i like to call "Gameplay nerds"

When im able to login on Lost Ark...i feel ORGASMIC just watching my character flashy animations and by pressing buttons.

YOU probably feel static and emotionless when you are pressing abilities in Lost Ark...and you may end up asking yourself while you play it "where is the fun in this?"
    Not me though
    Every combo of ability presses and flashy animations gives me a hard pump of dopamine to my brain (>_<) roflmao, i dont know why

And when that gets old...make a new class...and get a hard pump of new dopamine gains
    huh?
    This is odd to me...the gameplay of the combat feels good... it's not only flashy. Playing as a scrapper, juggling resources and using my skills in junction with each other so they play of each others push / knock effects is great.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    huh?
    This is odd to me...the gameplay of the combat feels good... it's not only flashy. Playing as a scrapper, juggling resources and using my skills in junction with each other so they play of each others push / knock effects is great.
    I dont mean the entire appeal is only on the animations...the things you mentioned also contribute a lot!

Anyway...
    For anyone interested in making a lot of characters to experience PvP...
    You can ONLY do ORANGE quests...exclusively...to rush to the Proving Grounds city.

Im speed running like crazy right now (>_<)'
    (i know a lot of people probably already know this...but i didnt)

It's no wonder you haven't felt p2wness of the game yet. When you reach T3 and start to collect cards and work on weapon quality in the end, it will suddenly become p2w. Of course you can decide not to spend any money and can enter high-end contents like abrelshud in Korea, but it will take much longer, normally 5~10 months based on your effort and the number your alt.
    Usually Korean casual players spend ~100 dollars a month afaik, but average cost surely rockets because there's super whales who spent 100k dollars already. I speculate average money players who cleared endgame contents spent, excluding those big whales, would be around 1000 dollars.
    However you can retrieve money by selling gold, and there are more people who earn money from the game than actually spend money. This is how the economy of LA works right now.

Quote Originally Posted by hattahat View Post
    It's no wonder you haven't felt p2wness of the game yet. When you reach T3 and start to collect cards and work on weapon quality in the end, it will suddenly become p2w. Of course you can decide not to spend any money and can enter high-end contents like abrelshud in Korea, but it will take much longer, normally 5~10 months based on your effort and the number your alt.
    Usually Korean casual players spend ~100 dollars a month afaik, but average cost surely rockets because there's super whales who spent 100k dollars already. I speculate average money players who cleared endgame contents spent, excluding those big whales, would be around 1000 dollars.
    However you can retrieve money by selling gold, and there are more people who earn money from the game than actually spend money. This is how the economy of LA works right now.
    Did they adjust the costs for Western players ? I rather think they would pay less overall than Korean players.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Did they adjust the costs for Western players ? I rather think they would pay less overall than Korean players.
    Costs keep varying because the price of gold keeps changing. You can see some streamers like Sodapoppin spent a lot of money for gold, but that price of gold is ridiculously high right now.

I know Amazon handled store prices, but what really makes the game p2w is the system itself and it didn't change. However, you can hope Amazon will lower the price of the card packs at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't get my hopes up for two many price adjustments. Remember this is a F2P game, not a B2P one. They have to monetize it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    This is the worst game launch since error 37
    No. WoD was way worse.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

My biggest problem so far has been the keybinds on some things and being unable to change some because they are locked.

Played about 20 hours of Sorc and had a lot of fun.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    No. WoD was way worse.
    Didn´t have a single problem in WoD lol.
    Midnight there was lag. It was bad lag, but it was eventually gone after 3 hours or so... You couldp lay normally 80% of the time.
    That on full realms in EU. In general.

------------------

This is literally the worse game launch ever.
    # days in a row where it is literally impossible to log in. 18K people on queue, best shot 6K... You can´t waste 3 hours on a queue.

You can then remotely logging in from your phone, from work. Sure. Oh, now the game gives an error, there are no servers avaiable.
    Try next day, oh, now it gives a connnection to servers error.

It is plain shit for a 3 years old game lol. Amazon is showing to be the new EA in gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a pile of shite. First the launch delays, now that I have time to try it, I can't connect because it gives me error lost ark error W0x2-OPELPWLN1N2NT.
    On top of that it seems every European server is full. Nicely done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

The launch has been an absolute massive fucking failure of epic proportions. Pay for founders pack and woops, 20k queue on your server where you were one of the first to create your character. No priority queue, no nothing. Amazingly inept.

AGS makes Blizzard look good and that's saying something.
    "“I gave you the chance of aiding me willingly, but you have elected the way of pain."

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Didn´t have a single problem in WoD lol.
    Midnight there was lag. It was bad lag, but it was eventually gone after 3 hours or so... You couldp lay normally 80% of the time.
    That on full realms in EU. In general.

------------------

This is literally the worse game launch ever.
    # days in a row where it is literally impossible to log in. 18K people on queue, best shot 6K... You can´t waste 3 hours on a queue.

You can then remotely logging in from your phone, from work. Sure. Oh, now the game gives an error, there are no servers avaiable.
    Try next day, oh, now it gives a connnection to servers error.

It is plain shit for a 3 years old game lol. Amazon is showing to be the new EA in gaming.
    WoD Launch was great and smooth. Except that for many/most Garrisons broke and you couldn't progress without the Garrison. The servers themselves had little issue.

Worst launch ever!
    Its literally every popular MMO launch in history. Yes the servers are full, yes there are hour long queues. Happens every single time without fail. The most shocking thing is that people somehow still haven't realised this happens every time.

Deal with it or wait a week/few weeks and half the servers will be dead.
    Like every single time.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Playing as an Artillerist, I got a lot of AoEs that have a delay before they hit... but in dungeons there's always someone that knocks mobs all over the place.

ARGH!!!

Get to level 50, the end game is very very very grindy unless you are outright buying gold to upgrade gear.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Gave in, finally installed it today. Been playing most of the day. Enjoying Bard so far.

Graphically its super pretty. Gameplay isnt too bad so far. VERY Curious why it feels like they completely cut stuff from the game, namely "1-10". Experience seems to be just summed up in a 3min video before you talk to Booba Lady and pick your Advanced Class.
    Googled it.

"The old prologue system used to start at lvl 1 and you would level your generic class (Warrior, Mage, Gunner, etc.) from 1 - 10. The story was good, but the lvls were crap. The skills were generic, didn’t play anything like the class you’d later choose, and once you hit lvl 10 you picked your advanced class (Paladin, Bard, Artillerist, etc). You were lvl 10 and starting your advanced class just like now. You lost all your previous skills that you will never see again. You gained all new skills you’ve never used before.

Literally nothing is different, except they threw away the old prologues. You’ve always started your actual class at lvl 10."

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Also, I'm still mad that someone took my favorite character name in Lost Ark. I've literally never had that name taken in any game I've ever played, ever. And for the first time, someone nabbed it. Not telling what it is, but it's definitely not remotely common as evidenced by it never being taken.

Thankfully I've got a few backup names that work but like...fuck man, I'm kinda sad about this shit.
    Was it Boobaprincess1991? That was me. Sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    My biggest problem so far has been the keybinds on some things and being unable to change some because they are locked.

Played about 20 hours of Sorc and had a lot of fun.
    Yea, I really dislike not being able to totally and freely rebind every single key. I have had to use my mouse software to remap buttons in combination with my steam controller. It's a real pain.

G? I thought Black Desert was pissing me off by spamming R but G is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by hllfrmththrsd View Post
    do rotations change later on? because I've tried it last night and it's just pressing all the buttons and it's all pretty and yeah but feels random
    Depends on class, level and engravings, and so on. The classes progressively and linearly become more complex at 50+. The content is more demanding of optimization in damage application and movement as well.

A lot of the 50+ areas and monsters have complex hit radials and danger zones. So the opportunity to apply damage has to be maximized because players are always in a pressure design encounter basically.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2022-02-13 at 05:06 PM.