Page 46 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Played 6 characters through the story now, since I was unsure what to main. Game is a blast. Over a week in and no decline so far. Looking promising.
    Wow. You leveled 6 characters? I barely managed to level 1 and just boosted others.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Played 6 characters through the story now, since I was unsure what to main. Game is a blast. Over a week in and no decline so far. Looking promising.
    Playing an Artillerist as my main atm, will swap over to the Machinist once it's out (YouTube them, they look insanely fun yet completely out of place to the game setting into sci-fi territory)...

Protip for those who still don't know. If you spent your Powerpass tickets on a full server, don't bother swapping server. In addition to your first Founder's Pack(s), swapping servers in my case resulted in the loss of Twitch drops, original Founder's Pack (and thus the skin in Platinum case), Powerpasses (you don't get second set on new server after all), whatever Powerpass tutorial unique rewards that you can NEVER again get on the new server (since no Powerpass...). I contacted Amazon customer support for the Powerpass issue, they copypasted Founder's Pack related info I didn't ask for in the live chat, and when I asked why they tell me irrelevant information, I "suddenly" lost connection with the live chat with no re-connect possible

I could really use an auto-move in this game. What a drag running from NPC to NPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I could really use an auto-move in this game. What a drag running from NPC to NPC.
    Try pressing T.

Yeah tried the game but I guess it s not for me. It has nice animations and a lot of very good QOL but that s about it.

-Maps are all a long corridor.
    -Korean style art where female PC always look 18 big boobs fighting In high heels and males are buffed up dark Sasuke.
    - Biggest grip : you can't move the UI. For a game with so much QOL, having to look at my skill bar at the bottom of the screen to see abilities cd is so disgusting.
    - I felt bored 1 hour into it

That being said I can understand why people like it but I do not see it staying this popular for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Protip for those who still don't know. If you spent your Powerpass tickets on a full server, don't bother swapping server. In addition to your first Founder's Pack(s), swapping servers in my case resulted in the loss of Twitch drops, original Founder's Pack (and thus the skin in Platinum case), Powerpasses (you don't get second set on new server after all), whatever Powerpass tutorial unique rewards that you can NEVER again get on the new server (since no Powerpass...). I contacted Amazon customer support for the Powerpass issue, they copypasted Founder's Pack related info I didn't ask for in the live chat, and when I asked why they tell me irrelevant information, I "suddenly" lost connection with the live chat with no re-connect possible
    If it's like other regions they'll sometimes do give power passes away when new class launches, and we're getting a ton of the unreleased ones, so it's possible might get some more down the road.

Try pressing T.
    Nah, that's auto-run. I mean auto-move, as in Black Desert or Elyon.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2022-02-20 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Nah, that's auto-run. I am mean auto-move, as in Black Desert or Elyon.
    Sailing with ships has auto-move when you...alt + leftclick a location on the map?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    The drops are based on a new, albeit retarded, Tier system. All Streamers start out at tier 1 (Griffin pet), working up through each Tier with a Paper cosmetic hat at 2, fox at 3, and the hover mount at 4.

This "event" has confused everyone because it doesn't explain how it works with many under the impression they got time to earn them all when already all Streamers are mostly on Tier 4 with a few on Tier 3. You'd be hard pressed to find a single Streamer on Tier 1 and 2.
    That's not how it works at all. You can see the four "tier" drops here:

https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/ne...ds-of-lost-ark

They were/are:

Tier 1: Battle Item Chest
    Tier 2: Arkesia Paper Hat Chest
    Tier 3: Helgaia Pet Chest
    Tier 4: Neugier Gold Mount

Streamers in each of the three competing regions had to earn points which advanced them (the whole region) from one tier to the next. Whatever tier they were in would reward that tier's drop for all streamers from that region. Now today all regions are at Tier 4 and all lower tier items are no longer obtainable. The current Tier 4 drop should be available until March 1st.

The fox pet is an entirely separate Twitch drop for a different set of streamers, and it should also run until March 1st.

So if you're starting from scratch today, you can get the fox pet for watching one group of streamers for four hours and the hoverboard mount by watching any of the regional competition streamers (again for four hours). You can look at the Twitch drops info to see which streamers qualify.

Sailing with ships has auto-move when you...alt + leftclick a location on the map?
    Nah. Still not it. I mean like in BDO and BDM I can right-click just about anyone, anything, or a quest and the character will automatically move and path to that thing. I can fully walk away from the game and like water the plants or something. When I come back, my character is standing AFK in the desired spot.

Not just move to the location. Not sure if you played Black Desert or not. But I am specifically talking about the way they do it basically.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm just baffled, because I played this game and it's basically an accumulation of half of the Korean MMOs/mobile games released in the last 10 years. Complete with ultra predatory cash shop stuff. There were games like this coming out by the truckload, especially top down action combat stuff. Wondering why Lost Ark got so much attention. It's fun to play casually, but playing it seriously it's literally just WoW but where they just blatantly sell skips to many of the "chore" mechanics. When the majority of endgame is spent doing literal chores, it's getting a hard pass for any kind of serious play.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Questing sucks, the environments are generic and forgettable and boy, the story is so bad.

But now with that out of the way, combat is really fun and animations are top. Levelled my first char to 50 yesterday and don't know whether i "get" most of the systems, but for now it's fun as f2p and not very intrusive about paid services. I'm not sure whether it will keep me captivated for long, but so far i like it.

It is pretty fun. Went into the game thinking i would prolly not like it since i am not a big ARPG style game guy. Bought the silver pack for £20 so i will get a few hundred hours out of it. The one thing they need to fix asap is the Crystaline Aura randomly fucking off. Mine has been off more than it is has been on at this point and since that is essentially the games 'subscription' method they are going to get a heap of pissed off people. The queues seems to be getting better now they have a new region in EU but in my 40 odd hours of playing going by steam half of that was in a que.

There seems to be plenty of systems and content to explore. I just unlocked gathering so i am pretty much on the first step of the game still. I like how what little i have seen of the game works so far. If some one leaves in a dungeon for example the game insta scales down. I normally do it solo first to get the seeds and see the story and then pop into a group to do the hard mode. Seems like the perfect game for someone like me who has only 2 to 4 real life friend to play most mmos with most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    It is pretty fun. Went into the game thinking i would prolly not like it since i am not a big ARPG style game guy. Bought the silver pack for £20 so i will get a few hundred hours out of it. The one thing they need to fix asap is the Crystaline Aura randomly fucking off. Mine has been off more than it is has been on at this point and since that is essentially the games 'subscription' method they are going to get a heap of pissed off people. The queues seems to be getting better now they have a new region in EU but in my 40 odd hours of playing going by steam half of that was in a que.

There seems to be plenty of systems and content to explore. I just unlocked gathering so i am pretty much on the first step of the game still. I like how what little i have seen of the game works so far. If some one leaves in a dungeon for example the game insta scales down. I normally do it solo first to get the seeds and see the story and then pop into a group to do the hard mode. Seems like the perfect game for someone like me who has only 2 to 4 real life friend to play most mmos with most of the time.
    The aura bug is the server struggling. Same reason matchmaking isn't working or the shop itself won't open. You only have those issues on the highest pop regions and servers. Quite sure they are trying their hardest to fix this but I'm not sure if there is much they can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unironically 9.2 will fix it.

And Elden Ring too.

Yea, I'm quitting for a month at least, doubt I will come back.

Nothing works:
    Chaos dungeons don't work
    Normal dungeons don't work
    Abyss dungeons don't work
    Towers don't work
    Guardian raids don't work
    Crystaline aura doesn't work
    Cube doesn't work

And worst of all - PvP doesn't work

On top of huge queues.

Game got amazon'd.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

The aura bug is the server struggling. Same reason matchmaking isn't working or the shop itself won't open. You only have those issues on the highest pop regions and servers. Quite sure they are trying their hardest to fix this but I'm not sure if there is much they can do.
    I am on Calvasus on EU Central and it seems to be redonkulously busy. I noticed matchmaking won't work now either right enough. Nothing working thanks to a big population seesm to be the worst thing that can happen to a mmo. Seems mental they would not have solved that issue in the years it has been out in Korea. It is easily the most played mmo over there ain't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I am on Calvasus on EU Central and it seems to be redonkulously busy. I noticed matchmaking won't work now either right enough. Nothing working thanks to a big population seesm to be the worst thing that can happen to a mmo. Seems mental they would not have solved that issue in the years it has been out in Korea. It is easily the most played mmo over there ain't it?
    EUC has more than twice as many players as in Korea. If they started with EUW from the beginning the situation would be a lot better.. but now most EUC players don't wanna switch for whatever reason and keep the servers at their limit. EUW is working fine tho - I switched.

With the game having a bunch of 'once per account' rewards it makes sense that people who have gotten those rewards don't want to lose all of them forever by switching to another region.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death