View Poll Results: Favorite tank to watch play?

Voters
32. This poll is closed
  • Protection Warrior

7 21.88%
  • Protection Paladin

10 31.25%
  • Brew Master Monk

5 15.63%
  • Vengeance Demon Hunter

4 12.50%
  • Guardian Druid

6 18.75%
  • Blood Death Knight

12 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Which tank to you enjoy watching the most?

This question popped in my head and I was a little curious to ask. Which tank to you enjoy watching tank the most? Given 6 players, all masters with their given tank class in a raid or M+.

For me I have always enjoyed watching Prot Warriors and Prot Pally's. I like Prot Warriors mainly because them being able to charge and jump around getting aggro. Prot Paladins are a close 2nd because I love the Paladin lore and shields, but also their Light effects. While DK"s are my favorite tank class to play, they aren't what I would consider interesting to watch tank.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    This question popped in my head and I was a little curious to ask. Which tank to you enjoy watching tank the most? Given 6 players, all masters with their given tank class in a raid or M+.

For me I have always enjoyed watching Prot Warriors and Prot Pally's. I like Prot Warriors mainly because them being able to charge and jump around getting aggro. Prot Paladins are a close 2nd because I love the Paladin lore and shields, but also their Light effects. While DK"s are my favorite tank class to play, they aren't what I would consider interesting to watch tank.
    Just to be clear, you are asking which spec we enjoy WATCHING the most?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Just to be clear, you are asking which spec we enjoy WATCHING the most?
    Which TANK class, or I guess tank spec.
    my SWTOR referal link:

I have a Vengeance DH, Guardian Druid and Blood DK. Bear is boring AF and Vengeance is a meme spec. I really only have fun when tanking on my Blood DK, though it can be a bit stressful in some keys/affixes. Still, you get a lot of mob control with Blood DK which is pretty useful.

edit: misread this post, guess it's still the same though since I only ever watch Blood DK streamers lmfao
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-08-12 at 01:21 AM.

Which TANK class, or I guess tank spec.
    OK i think i have figured it out - are you asking which tank is the most visually appealing / flashy?

15+ Year Old Account
    OK i think i have figured it out - are you asking which tank is the most visually appealing / flashy?
    Exactly
    10chars
    my SWTOR referal link:

A skilled BrM is typically exciting. Their kit isn't terribly flashy but they can pull off some pretty crazy stuns.

Old Brewmaster with Guard was the coolest looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna have to go with the M18 Hellcat.

Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood > DH > Pala > War > Monk > Druid

With the last two being in a whole special league i would call: "boring as fuck".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Old Brewmaster with Guard was the coolest looking.
    hes gonna back in shadowlands its really funny how much blizz rolls brm back to pre cata state. all of their new design for brm was failure and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by jagar View Post
    hes gonna back in shadowlands its really funny how much blizz rolls brm back to pre cata state. all of their new design for brm was failure and boring.
    Ah yes i also remember killing the big man LK himself as a drunk furry.

Yeah I'm excited for new BrM. Guard is back, Spinning Crane Kick is back, Clash is back. Shadowlands Brewmaster looks amazing

5+ Year Old Account

If it is just visuals, DH without a doubt. Even if they eerily remind me of Infested Kerrigan in SC, for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    If it is just visuals, DH without a doubt. Even if they eerily remind me of Infested Kerrigan in SC, for some reason.
    Bruh..... How long have DH's been out and I haven't seen this? What kind of Star Craft fan am I?

I'm going to go make a female DH for fun just because you said this.
    my SWTOR referal link:

I mained BRM for a few tiers this expac - effective, but quite passive and boring, imo. I still enjoyed it, but really, stagger does most of the work while i just go punch punch keg burn punch punch.......

With watching AFK-monk tanks that don't die if the player gets a disconnect and block tanks basicly just spamming what ever is ready in every situation - yeah its a real hard choice. There is one tank that requires timing and pre-pooling/pre-cooldown ussage before something happens in contrast to the spam/reactive tanks - Blood DK - but the grip pulls got a lot less impactfull to watch with the massive exploit of snap pulls with tricks/vanish so that main Blood feature is now gone and replaced with semi exploiting.

Honestly with the importance of interrups/stuns and burst DPS, tanking lost a lot.

In the current game at best you are a Tricks-Dummy that has assigned tanking positions and since DPS is purely decided with the (over-)tuning from blizzard, no real way to improve and in case of Reactive vs Preemptive Tanks, we have passive/full-afk monk tanks in the same game version as we have 80-100% selfheal / global needing Blood DK tanks that can basicly die every global second.

Watching tanking right now, is just watching blizzards balancing failures in action.
    -

I am forced to witness a gnome prot warrior for some time now. Sqeaking like a mosquito when jumping into battle... I do not enjoy that

Blood DK is the most pleasing sight I think. A juggernaut of death with a giant sword, moving calmly over the battlefield, not fast but unstoppable, inescapable. I only wish they would update the visuals of the abilities, the swirling bones are terrible...

I also somewhat like the Monk visuals, just... why do they have to throw kegs.... The class could be so awesome as a martial artist but this Panda-based nonesense breaks it completely. Yes, I know of Drunken Master Kung Fu, but that also does not clobber people with kegs.

DH is not mine, too jumpy, the glaives look ridiculous both sheathed and drawn and the demon forms are ugly.

- - - Updated - - -

I mained BRM for a few tiers this expac - effective, but quite passive and boring, imo. I still enjoyed it, but really, stagger does most of the work while i just go punch punch keg burn punch punch.......
    Ye, I am using the Rep buff atm to fill the bars on my Monk since I mained her for quite a lot of time this expansion, but damn is it boring. Unless your healer is afk there is no challenge at all.

I switched to DK just before 8.3. and at first you get really scared when you see your health bar free falling, but once you figure it out and know when to heal, there is an odd thrill in the balancing act between life and death.

My favorite is the Paladin, but it's mostly because of the class fantasy. I also play one (not main tho). Sometimes i watch Blood soloing stuff that shouldn't be soloed. I think it's Metro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior and pally are the most interesting to me visually. Warriors with their charging and leaping around, thunder clapping huge groups of enemies (especially with the lightning glyph) while paladins look pretty awesome with their holy-themed cooldowns and such.

DKs are a distant 3rd, and bears/monks/DH are just not interesting to watch at all as tanks IMO. In particular I hate the DH tank metamorphosis form, I think it looks incredibly stupid.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.