Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    No idea, everything I'd say would be pure speculation. The oldest we have so far is Lorash's mother a pre exile Highborne, who died to the scourge.
    hm

personally, I don't think there is much difference between Windrunner siblings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas is actually Azeroth's world soul.
    OH DAMN lol that would be something.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post

personally, I don't think there is much difference between Windrunner siblings.
    I would assume there is quite the age gap at least with Vereesa, who lived a very sheltered life, considering she didn't see a troll until Grim batol.

I would assume there is quite the age gap at least with Vereesa, who lived a very sheltered life, considering she didn't see a troll until Grim batol.
    then their little bro is few centuries years old at least xd
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Even the maximum age is nothing but pure guesswork, all we have is several thousand years which has quite the wiggle room.
    Ah, I wasn't trying to indicate otherwise. On another note, all this talk about the wowpedia reminded me that the Alliance-Horde War's article needs to have the bullshit "de facto start of the war is the Invasion of Gilneas" edit removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

then their little bro is few centuries years old at least xd
    Who knows, he might have even been a kid in his teens. Cutting his life short by thousands of years, which would explain why Alleria went so ballistic.

Who knows, he might have even been a kid in his teens. Cutting his life short by thousands of years, which would explain why Alleria went so ballistic.
    wild guess:

Alleria - +3,000
    Sylvanas - +2,000
    Vereesa - maybe a few centuries
    Lirath - teen close to adult

3+ Year Old Account
    judging Vereesa's recency, her "attitude" and her not being officially in the Farstriders, I'd guess she's less than 50 years old
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    judging Vereesa's recency, her "attitude" and her not being officially in the Farstriders, I'd guess she's less than 50 years old
    There's always the chance she was just a fuck up that did not measure up to her family's legacy. Judging by her children, she must have some mightily inferior genes.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    She made Ranger, but was at the bottom in terms of rank.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    It was a mistake. They've confirmed that blood elves, while long lived, only have a lifespan measured in centuries, not millenia. If that wasn't the case there wouldn't be at least two unknown kings between Dath'remar and Anasterian. As for Alleria, I haven't looked at the exact source, but does it capitalize what she fought in as "the Troll Wars" or does it simply mention she fought in wars against the trolls? Cause I'd wager the later was pretty much near constant, all the way up to WC2, BC, and Cata. So either another writing mistake, or a retcon from before they decided on the blood elf lifespan.
    This is wrong from top to bottom

Their lifespan has been defined by the warcraft encyclopedia that has been released before bc and it states several thousand years, the only source that ever reduced the high elf span to centuries is the non canon rpg books.

One similarity between night elves, high elves, and blood elves has only recently come about. The night elves sacrificed their immortality and much of their power at the end of the Third War. Thus, all elves are now mortal and have comparable lifespans that can extend as long as several thousand years.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Warcra...nd_Blood_Elves

Alleria Windrunner first earned renown due to the sheer number of trolls that she slew in order to defend her people's homeland, Quel'Thalas, during the Troll Wars. With the help of humanity, the high elves ultimately prevailed against the trolls.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Warcra...ria_Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    It was a mistake. They've confirmed that blood elves, while long lived, only have a lifespan measured in centuries, not millenia. If that wasn't the case there wouldn't be at least two unknown kings between Dath'remar and Anasterian. As for Alleria, I haven't looked at the exact source, but does it capitalize what she fought in as "the Troll Wars" or does it simply mention she fought in wars against the trolls? Cause I'd wager the later was pretty much near constant, all the way up to WC2, BC, and Cata. So either another writing mistake, or a retcon from before they decided on the blood elf lifespan.
    And, pray tell, where was that "confirmed"? Because you've got four generations of the Sunstrider dynasty ruling their people. In the time span of 7000 years since the exile of the Highborne (not to mention that Dath'remar himself was born before the War of the Ancients). What kind of arcane math would lead one from that to lifespans measured in just centuries? Also, one's rule doesn't have to come to an end due to a natural death. Case in point, Dath'remar, who simply abidacted, throwing yet another wrench into your gears. And no, Alleria's description in the Warcraft encyclopedia does not simply mention she fought in some wars against the Trolls. It says "Troll Wars".

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Azeroth's world soul is obviously Corki.
    The League of Legends champion?

Honestly, I think it's pretty clear that Blizzard's writers are just writing whatever they feel like, I doubt anyone checks anything anymore. The idea that they have a "lore guy" that everything goes through is laughable at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Lorash only claims to be born during the exile of the Highborne. In fact, the whole character is riddled with flaws. The Night Elves showed mercy to the Highborne and he despises them for it, yet he has no problems working together with the Orcs who invaded his homeland 20 odd years ago.

Lorash was a bad attempt at a character and should've stayed dead.
    There's a difference between people who banished you from your home and set your people up to suffer millenia of pain, suffering, death, and war because they disapproved of your way of life and people who attacked you under the influence of mind control and have since helped you out a lot.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

can't millennia be used as few thousands as well???

besides, it comes from Alleria fighting during the Troll Wars.

can't really see Sylvanas being born +1000 after that.

seems... off.
    how does it seem off?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    how does it seem off?
    Idk haha xd

can't explain it.

Idk haha xd

can't explain it.
    is it the age gaps?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    is it the age gaps?
    probably that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Was that ever a thing? I know ESO has a lore guy and I assume it's true for several RPGs with massive worlds but I never felt WoW had a lore master mostly because . . .well look at the lore.
    I know at the time of BC there was someone who was in charge of keeping track of the lore, but that individual didn't prevent the great Metzen retcon, so I assume either 1) the individual was available as a resource but not required to approve everything or 2) the devs ignored that individual to pursue whatever they wanted instead.

I don't have any info after development of WotLK, so the position may have been eliminated.