Thread: Audio dramas

Audio dramas

What happened to the audio dramas? Really thought that they would keep doing them frequently. Or were they not seen as successful maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. Personally, when Legion was announced I was already kind of excited but after listening to the 'Tomb of Sargeras' audio drama I was hooked. I also really enjoyed Turalyon/Alleria's audio drama.

I am not sure how well they were received but I can't imagine Blizzard viewing them as a failure. Perhaps they cost too much? Perhaps there was no way to see if those audio dramas helped increase their $ returns somehow?

Not sure why they don't do more, but I really hope they do. Shadowlands seems like a good opportunity (story and theme wise) to flesh out some lore.

Like, they could do one from the perspective of one of the captured faction leaders. During their imprisonment in the Shadowlands before the heroes come to save them.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I agree. Personally, when Legion was announced I was already kind of excited but after listening to the 'Tomb of Sargeras' audio drama I was hooked. I also really enjoyed Turalyon/Alleria's audio drama.

I am not sure how well they were received but I can't imagine Blizzard viewing them as a failure. Perhaps they cost too much? Perhaps there was no way to see if those audio dramas helped increase their $ returns somehow?

Not sure why they don't do more, but I really hope they do. Shadowlands seems like a good opportunity (story and theme wise) to flesh out some lore.

Like, they could do one from the perspective of one of the captured faction leaders. During their imprisonment in the Shadowlands before the heroes come to save them.
    Yeah imagine having an audio drama following Arthas' perspective after we killed him in icc, that would be very successful I think.

If blizzard really put money into it I think it could easily reach audiences beyond the playerbase.

Let's hope that we will get something for the next expansion at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think for BFA the Story and Franchise Development department shifted their focus mainly to the full CGI cinematics, since understandably those were a much larger undertaking than whatt they've done previously.

And I believe they've hinted that those will continue in Shadowlands.

Still, I do miss having a robust and steady stream of tie-in media. I'd certainly like to see them put out short stories, comics, and audio dramas more regularly. I think it'd especially help bolster the story for the patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I think for BFA the Story and Franchise Development department shifted their focus mainly to the full CGI cinematics, since understandably those were a much larger undertaking than whatt they've done previously.

And I believe they've hinted that those will continue in Shadowlands.

Still, I do miss having a robust and steady stream of tie-in media. I'd certainly like to see them put out short stories, comics, and audio dramas more regularly. I think it'd especially help bolster the story for the patches.
    Yes i agree. If these came out more regularly they wouldn't have to resort to having half-assed lore in game because of game balance.