SL Mages (leveling spec/grinding)?

So i deciding to make a Nightborn Mage but wondering what spec from 1-50/60(120) would be more easy to level up and useful for doing dungeons/raids and maybe end game content at higher up ???

Arcane is currently pumping on beta, and frost is never a bad pick off the bat.

Fire is a hard one to recommend at the start of an expansion because it usually the one that scales best off stats meaning it's often rather weak in the first few patches.

I've almost always leveled as Frost because Frost's kit is very well suited for mob control and having a pet is a huge plus. Fire is good if you plan to be doing a lot of dungeon leveling and the new Arcane is looking like a pretty solid all-around pick. You really can't go wrong with leveling on a Mage, just make sure you remember the basics of mob kiting and you'll be good to go.

1- roughly 40 arcane then swap over to frost.

That will be your spec until later in the tier from the looks of things so far but that could change.

Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    1- roughly 40 arcane then swap over to frost.

That will be your spec until later in the tier from the looks of things so far but that could change.

So Arcane all the way ???

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow99 View Post
    So Arcane all the way ???
    No once the lower level increased mana regen falls off you go frost

Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    No once the lower level increased mana regen falls off you go frost
    So Arcane till 40 then frost ???

And Nightborn for frost end game ?

15+ Year Old Account
    The race you choose is immaterial, pick the one you like!
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

I have been leveling a Fire Mage lately and have had some good fun with it. I transferred the toon to the PTR to see how it feels with SL changes.

It looks like they've put Fire Blast on the GCD in SL and that messes up the feel of the spec. I'm sure a Mage expert has better insight.
    #TeamTinkers

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems silly not to go gs with splitting ice, but i dont have beta

I will probably go arcane all the way. Was way better to level in BfA and seems to only get better with SL.

Arcane is definitely the best choice for leveling via questing, which mostly involves killing single mobs one after the other. Arcane does that faster than any spec in the game.