Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Strongly leaning towards Necrolords because AL looks good for PVP. I also was considering trying to push for Mythic Raiding in SL after having my first taste of it again in 8.3 since WoD and missing it and friends moving that way, so if Night Fae ends up being broken, maybe I'll head that way.

Short summary, whichever is best for PVP/PVE. Not even slightly looking forward to it.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on which Covenant sims the highest before teh release.

Going DW frost (more open to oblit than BOS) so I am thinking Night Fae or vampires.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Depends on which Covenant sims the highest before teh release.
    The sims make all your choices in this game, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    There are many people who would be a white placeholder block with no animations of it meant doing the most damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    When it comes to DPS - yes.

The best or most damage or most fun. Haven’t looked at them yet. My desktop got hacked. Or my laptop rather. I need a new one. Probably origin pc. Yeet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maldraxxus for the sweet tmog for sure.

I want to go Maldraxxus for lore and theme and general appearance, but I've always loved 2H obliterate crit frost and the nightfae ability makes it cleave. That seems so strong in BGs.

So that's that

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    When it comes to DPS - yes.

seems a bit neckbeard.. i think you are missing the point with covenants. combine these ideas a) they will balance over time b) there's somewhat of a covenant lock-in c) the actual DPS gain compared to all other factors is smaller than your arm muscles d) thematics probably contributes to more fun than you'll get from epeen growth from a .01 diff (games are for fun right)

the real answer is Night Fae.. because DK's weakest point is mobility, and the power you gain from fixing that weakness over-all beats everything. you'll be where you need to be to do whatever it is you need to do sooner, in the more optimal window, and more often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryblak View Post
    seems a bit neckbeard.. i think you are missing the point with covenants. combine these ideas a) they will balance over time b) there's somewhat of a covenant lock-in c) the actual DPS gain compared to all other factors is smaller than your arm muscles d) thematics probably contributes to more fun than you'll get from epeen growth from a .01 diff (games are for fun right)

the real answer is Night Fae.. because DK's weakest point is mobility, and the power you gain from fixing that weakness over-all beats everything. you'll be where you need to be to do whatever it is you need to do sooner, in the more optimal window, and more often.
    I honestly don't care about "themes" or whatever. Hell, I don't even transmog my characters because I don't care how they look. I just play for the challenge and to push myself to be better. That's it.

I swore after doing the "join the Night Fae" quest thing on Beta I swore I'd never put myself through that again... Venthyr for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cherryblak View Post
    from a .01 diff
    Except it is not a .01 difference?

And balancing may take quite some time to reach that number if it ever does.

And yes there are acutally people who care about their own performance. And for many of them this is more important than transmog and the like.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will experience the abilities while leveling and make a choice after that. I play super casual and even if you don't i believe you'll be alright if you raid mythic in a not top 100 guild environment.

Fully expect them to nerf over the top utilities and advantages as they do anyway.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going with all 4 on 4 different characters.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm going with all 4 on 4 different characters.
    You have 4 DKs ? (you are on the dk class forums)

OT: I'm going Maldraxxus.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Still torn between Night Fae and Venthyr. I like the NF movement ability rather than the DK DnD benefit as I’m planning on playing Frost and the Rune usage, even though not a big deal. DnD doesn’t really seem to fit the Frost playstyle and seems to have been included because Blizzard forgot Frost when making the class ability.

Venthyr adds an ability, but it’s no different from DnD being added in minus not having to use a rune for it. It still has decent movement increase. The main attraction are the soulbinds from Nadjia look amazing.

Will decide after I play for a little bit I guess.

Necrolord for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    As for me, as someone else said, I'll just try them all as I level and pick whichever one I enjoy the most.
    How i see it (don't have beta), is you cant have the full view. Most content is at end game after you made your choice. The soulbinds themself and the events and story surrounding it. Beside that are the abilities now fully available during leveling? I remember them saying at the start of beta, that half of the abilities can't be used, or have a very big CD.

I myself, only play BDK since Wrath, so my choice will be between NF and Venthry. Looking at the total picture atm i need to choose between fun and stars or M+ edge and darkness. Eventho they say Kyrian is beter, I find it boring looking, so no way i take that.
    I did make a new DK so that I can try the one i didn't pick of those 2.

I'm thinking on picking fae for the +12% haste per minute proc and pretty DnD, and play a funny build with Phearomones, Defile and Unholy Assault - sweet 50% haste burst. May fall behind but at this point I just want something fun, I'm so tired to play the same spec since the start of legion. Did the same silly thing as frost during Eternal Palace and it became the go to spec the patch after, so who knows lol.