Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Firstly, thats your quote:
    Maybe in the release, nowadays you barely see anyone when leveling, even on the fuller servers.

Secondly my server is middle ground in population so bigger ones should have even more people.
    I know it is, I play on one the biggest servers there is. And still there's barely anyone leveling.

I know this is a few days old but to answer the question...

Warcraft logs isn't great at tracking pot usage - especially with elixirs or something you use before the fight starts. If you really want to do it find a mod that shows you what everyone has on them before the pull and take a screen shot

Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    You clearly don't play Classic then nor have a clue how they handle raids.

Even top 1000 guilds on Classic have prerty hard requirements regarding consumables. Each raider is required to spend like 300-1000g per AQ40 raid. This is not just a flask (250g on my realm) but also regular consumables are super expensive but required like mana pots, resist pots, elixirs, sappers etc...

Just check some Viscidus kills. People bring like 20+ engineers with sappers (sapper is 15g each) and nature resist pots (also 15g) to that one besides regular consumables like flask, elixirs, juju's and food. Each Viscidus wipe costs a raider like 50g+ on consumables not counting flask. Viscidus is a huge money drain.

Same goes for Twins (consumes for warlock tanks and healers mainly) and C'thun (lot's of resist pots and flask for melee).

My guild unfortunately does not have 20+ engineers like most hardcore guilds so we still have to figure out how to handle Visc since we can't cheese the blobs.
    ahahah look at how clueless this poster is.

We do AQ40 in 2 hours, our mandatory pots are 5 greater natures(casters use less), 5 regular natures, 5-10 mana pots and 1(2) arcane/fire protections. We dont require offense pots but generally firepower+weapon oil for casters and mongoose+stone for melees.

the gold drops from aq40 bosses already pays off for all these expenses. 250-1000g a raid per person what a joke lmfao.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    ahahah look at how clueless this poster is.

We do AQ40 in 2 hours, our mandatory pots are 5 greater natures(casters use less), 5 regular natures, 5-10 mana pots and 1(2) arcane/fire protections. We dont require offense pots but generally firepower+weapon oil for casters and mongoose+stone for melees.

the gold drops from aq40 bosses already pays off for all these expenses. 250-1000g a raid per person what a joke lmfao.
    Ironically what you mentioned is almost 300g on my realm.10 mana pots alone are 80-120g (fluctuates badly but never cheaper than 8g each), 5 mongoose is 60g, 5 elemental sharpening stones is also 60g. Frost oil is 6g each.

On my realm at least. And not even mentioning min/max enchants/gear.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Yeah, my guild got twins to 15% our best try so far.

Not every one clears things one shot

- - - Updated - - -

Really? I thought someone was always lurking STV to kill lowbies. Isen't that how STV got it's reputation?
    you can level without ever going there

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    you can level without ever going there
    Indeed. Met a warrior the other day a lvl 60 who was doing the hinterlands elite quests, and i asked him why he did not just do them while lvling.. his response was that he only did dungeons.. like 30+ ZF and stuff like that.

So yeah you can level without STV, but i personally can't get much enjoyment out of spamm running classic dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    Ironically what you mentioned is almost 300g on my realm.10 mana pots alone are 80-120g (fluctuates badly but never cheaper than 8g each), 5 mongoose is 60g, 5 elemental sharpening stones is also 60g. Frost oil is 6g each.

On my realm at least. And not even mentioning min/max enchants/gear.
    300g is nothing. You make like 100g from raids and after that it's 2h max gold farming for next reset's mats.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Indeed. Met a warrior the other day a lvl 60 who was doing the hinterlands elite quests, and i asked him why he did not just do them while lvling.. his response was that he only did dungeons.. like 30+ ZF and stuff like that.

So yeah you can level without STV, but i personally can't get much enjoyment out of spamm running classic dungeons.
    Im not even talking doing dungeons instead or anything. You just dont ever need to go to STV. Never went there during Vanilla, and leveled to 60 in Classic just fine without ever going there.