Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Prepatch and Shadowlands Release date @ Gamescon2020

Well ladies and gentleman, tomorrow is the day.
    Powers that be have hinted at all release dates should be disclosed tomorrow during the Blizzard portion of GamesCon2020.
    Blizzard is also releasing their animated Shorts series from Shadowlands.

If you are interested in watching,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xmu...ature=youtu.be

Pre-show starts at 10:30AM PST ( 12:30PM CST or 1:30pm EST).
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Fingers crossed for an early prepatch & cautious expansion release date for Blizzard.

What time does the actual show start? 11 AM PST?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Odds on the pre patch hitting in the next few weeks or even... next week?

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I made a post when the PTR went live

"I did some research about the PTR btw.
    An October release is now looking somewhat possible. Each pre-patch since WoD (I didn't look back further) seems to land 4-5 weeks before the pre-patch itself lands, & pre-patch tends to last about 3-4 weeks before the expansion launches. If this follows a similar trend, then October is possible, although I'd still wager November is more likely given how much there is to tune.

8.0 PTR: 14/06
    8.0 Release: 17/07

7.0 PTR: 15/06~ (can't find for sure)
    7.0 Release: 19/07

6.0 PTR: 11/9
    6.0 Release: 14/10"
    It's been a few weeks now if I remember right, so if it follows previous expansions, I'd guess mid September for the prepatch. SL feels like it needs a bit more work though, which is why I said I'm hoping to see 9.0 soon & Blizzard being cautious with the expansion release.

As someone whos getting close to the Brutosaur, I am hoping for a concrete date that is reasonable for those still grinding.
    4 weeks would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    As someone whos getting close to the Brutosaur, I am hoping for a concrete date that is reasonable for those still grinding.
    4 weeks would be good.
    We’re in the same boat lol - 650k away. Sept 29? I should hit it easy. Any sooner and I’m gonna have to haul-ass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive been saying all along that Prepatch on Sept 15th and Shadowlands release on Oct 20th. That would put Raids before Thanksgiving.
    Its the only scenario that makes sense. I cant see raids dropping between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I think that would be suicide for a new expansion.

Hopefully Im close.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Ive been saying all along that Prepatch on Sept 15th and Shadowlands release on Oct 20th. That would put Raids before Thanksgiving.
    Its the only scenario that makes sense. I cant see raids dropping between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I think that would be suicide for a new expansion.

Hopefully Im close.
    It is very unlikely we will see raids before Thanksgiving/Christmas with their model and philosophy past few expansions. Raids likely won't drop until after the new year because Thanksgiving - Christmas is unlikely due to less staff and people spending time with others. Releasing it a couple weeks before Thanksgiving wouldn't work either as that will give most gives 1-2 weeks raiding time before their attendance will drastically drop because of holidays and other issues.

Also, a september/october timing would work if we weren't under the Corona era where they are still doing a lot of work from home. Not to mention there are still several things that need to be fixed/tuned in PTR/Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It is very unlikely we will see raids before Thanksgiving/Christmas with their model and philosophy past few expansions. Raids likely won't drop until after the new year because Thanksgiving - Christmas is unlikely due to less staff and people spending time with others. Releasing it a couple weeks before Thanksgiving wouldn't work either as that will give most gives 1-2 weeks raiding time before their attendance will drastically drop because of holidays and other issues.

Also, a september/october timing would work if we weren't under the Corona era where they are still doing a lot of work from home. Not to mention there are still several things that need to be fixed/tuned in PTR/Beta.
    Dec 1st with a Nov 10th launch would easily work for raid launch. I don't see release any later than Nov 17, it would put raid launch 5-6 weeks out which would be bad.

Not going to see prepatch until Oct.
    <Who is John Galt>
    Endgame progression guild on PvE Hyjal-US
    http://whoisjohngalt.enjin.com/
    http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/...o+Is+John+Galt
    Visit us today - Exceptional players always considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Uputz View Post
    Not going to see prepatch until Oct.
    I'll take that bet, pre patch still in September.

Until we hear anything we will always be 2+ weeks away from Prepatch.
    Remember they always give 2 weeks warning for Arena season end, and we havn't had that yet.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

You know, i hope they don't.

I'd rather see them delay it until every spec gets the atention they deserve. Better to have a good game later than a bad game now.

Let's take the time to get it right this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    You know, i hope they don't.

I'd rather see them delay it until every spec gets the atention they deserve. Better to have a good game later than a bad game now.

Let's take the time to get it right this time.
    Every time someone says this I just have to think of how WoD was one of the longest development cycles they've ever had.

Why don't we just have the prepatch tomorrow? GRRR 8.3 BAD DAE HATE CORRUPTION????

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Why don't we just have the prepatch tomorrow? GRRR 8.3 BAD DAE HATE CORRUPTION????
    Well I'm not a fan of corruption but I'd just like some new content. Sooner the better for me too because I'm going to be unable to play for four months starting in October but oh well sounds like mid September/October is more likely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Until we hear anything we will always be 2+ weeks away from Prepatch.
    Remember they always give 2 weeks warning for Arena season end, and we havn't had that yet.
    If they announce Sep 15th today, that gives you the 2 weeks.
    @KrimzinOG

Live soon.

Hype!

Well release date is either October 20th or 27th based on the history of their official public betas start day to release, it has almost been 4 months to the day for every expansion, so Pre-patch is likely mid September.