Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Do you happen to remember what quest that was? I'm really curious how this was handled in the Russian localization since here it's much more of a taboo to use profanities outside of the colloquial speech than in English.

Not a native speaker but isn't there a difference between "bastard" and "poor bastard"? The latter is not an insult.
    I think adding the poor in-front makes it sound more like a pity. But I'm just wondering why one is bad and one is okay to be used? Shouldn't both not be used then?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    OP's shoulders must hurt, what with reaching all the way back to 2010 to find something to whine about.
    Except OP "whines" about a recent change. You know who had to reach all the way back to 2010? The people who complained about the "bitch" being there in the first place and went to Blizzard with it. Alas, if you acknowledged that you wouldn't have your platform to defend saint Blizzard kami-sama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Do you happen to remember what quest that was? I'm really curious how this was handled in the Russian localization since here it's much more of a taboo to use profanities outside of the colloquial speech than in English..
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Blood_and_Thunder!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    In the new dialogue garrosh should lick her boots and apologize for his orc privilege
    That reminds me of how Sylvanas, out of nowhere, stressed the point how all other Warchiefs were male in Before the Storm, when no one in-lore ever presented it as something to do with their sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Wonder how long we have until they remove Summon Succubus
    Don't give them ideas. I don't want them to take my Zahanda away.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    That reminds me of how Sylvanas, out of nowhere, stressed the point how all other Warchiefs were male in Before the Storm, when no one in-lore ever presented it as something to do with their sex.
    Isn't that how it is in todays society?

Danuser protecting the banshee's feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    So I guess she just proves why Warchief should continue to be men

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Do we really have to whine about EVERY SINGLE THING? Seriously? What does it matter?
    Lets ignore every micro-erosion until its too late.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    So I guess she just proves why Warchief should continue to be men
    That actually gave me an idea. Where they'll retcon her internal monologues some more to add precisely that as her goal, in order to portray her as an agent of the patriarchy. And then focus on that as the main reason we'll be fighting her (as opposed to her goals of omnicide).

Quote Originally Posted by Syferite View Post
    I think adding the poor in-front makes it sound more like a pity. But I'm just wondering why one is bad and one is okay to be used? Shouldn't both not be used then?
    I guess the difference is one was used by an in-game character so it was part of the story while the other one was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Thanks. The translators went with a more neutral phrase that can be roughly translated into English as "Thrall screw/mangle them!" (as a variation of "God damn them!").
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2020-08-27 at 06:23 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even in 2010 it felt like an awkward line.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Who in the living fuck cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Wonder how long we have until they remove Summon Succubus
    [Summon Fully Clothed She-Demon]

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Considering the word "bitch" doesnt even make it past blizzard's mature language filter im more surprised that line got in in the first place.

Wonder if Godfrey still calls her a bitch at the end of shadowfang keep

I can safely say if not for you internet heros had I replayed the quest I literally never would have noticed. In fact if I had the ability to replay it 30 minutes from now I'd probably still forget. That's what brilliant writing hands are being wrung over. And now after having it pointed out I can safely say who gives a shit? But then again I always thought Garrosh was a terribly written character.

Him saying bitch while fitting with dialogue, and the general toddler mindset his character had, read more like what a 10 year old who just started working up the courage to curse while his parents weren't around would've said didn't add a damn thing.

Seriously people especially the guy whining about micro erosions and then springing head long right into a slippery slope fallacy. The fact that it was in there at all is the laziest writing ever. Like any time someone says "I'm afraid this has only just begun," in response to being told this is over or this ends now. It's that level of dog shit writing and this little bitch was just another tiny turd thrown onto already low level quality dialogue. But keep up the outrage to try and get the little turd thrown back onto the pile.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2020-08-27 at 06:38 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Having just leveled 12 toons on a new server (new to me....full capacity), I always looked forward to that quest line. I always smiled at the "line". It was like a dark secret between me and the developer that there was a touch of grit in the game hidden away in Silverpine. Now that it is gone, I just file it away with Lady Prestor in Stormwind. I was playing when the secret (not much of one if you attuned to Onyxia's Lair) was in the game. Both still make me smile.
    Have fun and stay safe!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I don't think it's inconsistent with this character, but I do think it's out of character in general when any form of expletive is so rare, even in full on war/genocide/etc. it felt a bit forced.
    lol

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Well she is kind of a bitch so it's a shame it was removed. The guy was a psycho but he was right.
    I agree, I always call her a bitch. Especially now. >> Shes crazy, hes crazy. Now if only she would follow his foot steps to the grave the world would be a better place for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

I honestly think you are trying to gaslight something here.
    When you put in slurs like "B...." they character saying is is automatically seen in a different light - I would lose my immersion if I read/heard him saying that.
    I think it was a good design choice to rewrite that conversation. And I think other agendas come in 2nd prio here.

Just refer to her as poop, since Blizzard already seem to have a thing for feces quests.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I wish some of you people were as passionate about irl stuff and politics as you were for the B-word in a video game from 10 friggin' years ago.
    I mean I agree the OP is overreacting, but it's a forum post. Not much effort is being wasted here.