Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    Isn't bitch kind of a modern insult though? It would feel out of place to me as well if Nathanos called Anduin a soyboy cuck. It even feels weird when characters say "hell".. Hell is a concept from our world, since when do characters in WoW believe in hell.
    There are plenty of references to Hell, mostly thru warlocks and the burning legion. It's not Earth's Hell, but the concept is pretty much the same.

Did they remove Sylvanas' "... son of a bitch." line in the WC3 remake?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    Bruh, you literally created this thread because the change annoyed you enough that you had to tell everyone how you feel about it.

If that isn't finding inconsequential bullshit to get triggered by, I don't know what the fuck else possibly could be.

Bruh, you literally changed a well known dialogue in-game because the word annoyed you enough that you had devote development time to retcon it.

If that isn't finding inconsequential bullshit to get triggered by, I don't know what the fuck else possibly could be
    Fixed it for ya.

You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by paragraphgorilla View Post
    nope.

women can say that only, even though Son of a bitch is more insulting than Bitch.

I would punch anyone who calls my mother a Bitchbut me???

Idc how anyone calls me.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-08-27 at 09:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paragraphgorilla View Post
    That would require someone to play that train wreck so who knows.

Nonononono and it's Danuser who removed it. You can't make this shit up. How dare Garrosh insult his fairest queen...

That's some extra punishment for Garrosh in Revendreth for not respecting women.

Quote Originally Posted by RefinedMadness View Post
    It blows my mind that a game that has THIS:

Can't be okay with a bloodthirsty fantasy Orc race leader calling an undead subordinate the B word!!!!!!!
    don't forget the children watching their impaled parents as well.

Nonononono and it's Danuser who removed it. You can't make this shit up. How dare Garrosh insult his fairest queen...

That's some extra punishment for Garrosh in Revendreth for not respecting women.
    LMAO

I really like how fans are very creative in their bashing

which is what they deserve ofc.
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    REEEEEEEEEEEE ME MAD ME SAY THE MAD WORDS

Maybe you prefer Rocky Road, but I like plain chocolate better. Doesn't make either of us wrong, and you shouldn't throw a fit about me complaining when they randomly stop offering chocolate.
    The post you quoted applies to you as well, it seems.

And the point isn't when the change was made, it is that the dialogue is 10 years old (Cataclysm) and no longer relevant in any sense. Garrosh is no longer WC, Sylvanas is no longer his underling. So throwing a fit about a line of dialogue being changed under the guise of censorship when plenty of far worse things happily remain in the game (like impaled civilians as the OP unironically reminded us) is not only pointless, its dumb.

But hey, don't let me get in the way of elevating your blood pressure over words that voice actors say.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-08-27 at 10:56 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by RefinedMadness View Post
    Fixed it for ya.

You're welcome!
    Huh? I didn't change the line fam. My point is that edgelords who are weirdly invested in video game characters using gendered language always frame the issue as 'lol look at these triggered SJWs going back and changing things so they don't get offended', while at the same time you're legit annoyed enough that some pixels don't say the word 'bitch' any more that you've made a thread about it in which you're actively replying to responses.

Clearly this wasn't an issue until you made it one. I reckon it took whoever made the change far less time to change the line than you've dedicated to whining about it. Nine times out of ten it's the edgelord community finding shit to trigger themselves over - this is a great example.

It changes the line meaningfully. I'd almost say it flips the meaning of the line.

"Watch your clever mouth." tells us that Garrosh is aware that Sylvanas is trying to rile him up.
    "Watch your clever mouth, bitch." tells us that Sylvanas is succeeding at riling him up.

Garrosh is a very emotionally driven guy and I don't think it would make sense that Garrosh would actually give a reserved response to Sylvanas's provocations.
    Don't sanitize your dialogue. You don't even need to; this is a conversation between literally Hitler and literally Double Hitler.

It seems like a very clear case of Bad Writer to me. Danuser thinks that the dialogue is just to convey each character's point of view, but the dialogue also displays their temperaments.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2020-08-27 at 10:58 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    Isn't bitch kind of a modern insult though? It would feel out of place to me as well if Nathanos called Anduin a soyboy cuck. It even feels weird when characters say "hell".. Hell is a concept from our world, since when do characters in WoW believe in hell.
    I mean...Uther says he hopes there's a special place in hell for Arthas just before he dies back in Warcraft 3. We don't know much about the teachings of the Church of the Holy Light, but it seems that they do at least have a concept of hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    It always felt a bit out of place to me, but they didn't have to remove it either tbh.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    And the point isn't when the change was made, it is that the dialogue is 10 years old (Cataclysm) and no longer relevant in any sense.
    If it's no longer relevant why change it at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    That was one of Garrosh's most memorable lines. But I guess it's to be expected that they'd remove it. Wouldn't want all the fragile little bitches to be upset about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh? I didn't change the line fam. My point is that edgelords who are weirdly invested in video game characters using gendered language always frame the issue as 'lol look at these triggered SJWs going back and changing things so they don't get offended', while at the same time you're legit annoyed enough that some pixels don't say the word 'bitch' any more that you've made a thread about it in which you're actively replying to responses.
    The INTERNET is pixels! /mindblown

Clearly this wasn't an issue until you made it one. I reckon it took whoever made the change far less time to change the line than you've dedicated to whining about it. Nine times out of ten it's the edgelord community finding shit to trigger themselves over - this is a great example.
    Edgelord, whining.. seems like you don't have a constructive argument and would rather resort to Ad hominem tactics. Anyway you're posting and replying to this thread while you could simply ignore it so I guess you're not so different after all

10+ Year Old Account
    A little sad but not really worth the care.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The "bitch" line always felt so random. Calling Sylvanas a bitch was a real understatement, it's like calling Sargeras an asshole. This is a psycho who experimented on civilians, raised innocent people into undeath, and was planning to unleash a deadly chemical weapon on a civilian target... certainly there are better and more creative insults for someone like that.

Regardless I don't care. I suppose this will somewhat embellish Sylvanas' otherwise horrible legacy when she finally dies.
    All of that.

She deserves all the insults, but just calling her a bitch there was out of place. Nobody in Warcraft talks like that. They use insults like "insignificant maggots" not "bunch of assholes".

Really? These fucks at Blizzard are just corporate hacks now.

She was a bitch, and worse. Danuser wouldn't understand characters and dialogue if it hit him on his shiny bald head

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    All of that.

She deserves all the insults, but just calling her a bitch there was out of place. Nobody in Warcraft talks like that. They use insults like "insignificant maggots" not "bunch of assholes".
    What about Sylvanas calling Arthas "son of a bitch" in Wc3 and Wc3 reforged?