Page 1 of 2
LastLast

i want to play as a Dryad , Green Dragon and Ogre for Lore Reasons.

Dryads should have been put into the game, and made for the alliance, simply because they are tied into the Lore and are essentially half night elves half nature spirit? They've always fought alongside the night elves are tied directly to Malorne and Elune and have been in the game Since Classic fighting along side the Night Elves.

Dragons should have been made into a race for the alliance for lore reasons as well. Green Dragons have for the most part been tied to the night elves and Druids, and their humanoid form is basically a night elf.

Ogre's should have been added to the game in TBC for the horde. Why blizzard hasn't added Ogres in as a Allied race at this point of the game is something i can't explain. This needs to be done, now.

Dryads no, dragons no, ogres yes.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    yeah Ogres should've been added for the Horde, guess they just have to find the right time to put them in. as for Dragons, I reckon Dragonkin would be a cool addition maybe in a Dragon-related expansion. like one where we, I dunno, explore the Dragon Isles?

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    Dryads no, dragons no, ogres yes.
    how can you say no to being a dragon that sounds fucking awesome!
    they even have the tech alrdy because of worgen right.. but if we ever did get it, it would probably be a wingless dragon

Quote Originally Posted by deathshere View Post
    Why blizzard hasn't added Ogres in as a Allied race at this point of the game is something i can't explain. This needs to be done, now.
    That's easy enough. Because of size, armor issues, lack of female model etc, they just wouldn't as playable race. Same with dragons and dryads. No wait, even worse with dragons and dryads

Regular ogres if you pick warrior, 2 headed ogres if you pick mage or warlock. Also 2 headed ogres should have 2 helmet slots, obviously. It will be imbalanced as hell, but who cares, RpG fLaVoUr > gameplay, am I right, fellas?

The only way we could ever get dragon is like argonians with wings like demon hunters.

I can't see a szenario where dryads will ever be possible.

Ogres... yeah... weird, that we not have them allready.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this thread is bait.
    Anyway, I want to play as a Mountain King Hero Class. Dwarf only. Permanent spell immunity in Avatar Form that lasts 1 minute.

Y'know. For lore reasons.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

5+ Year Old Account
    An idea:

3rd faction where the outland races unite as a union. A clan of Ogres, the Apexis, some Saberon, the Botani and the small rock guys will form this union.
    They will get allied races from Azeroth, a band of green dragonids, gnolls, naga, all possible enemies of both the alliance and horde.

But Blizz will never do this

Ogres should have been playable long, long ago. they're one of the longest standing members of the Horde, were present in the old Horde as well and yet are still only represented by a few token NPCs. many players are probably unaware that they're even in the Horde

it would be fun to play a Dryad or Centaur-like race and make a welcome difference after the flood of reskin races (as great as some of the allied races are)

Dryads should have been put into the game, and made for the alliance, simply because they are tied into the Lore and are essentially half night elves half nature spirit? They've always fought alongside the night elves are tied directly to Malorne and Elune and have been in the game Since Classic fighting along side the Night Elves.
    They would also fight alongside the Tauren/Trolls too since those races are also druidic and belong to the Cenarian Circle.

Dragons should have been made into a race for the alliance for lore reasons as well. Green Dragons have for the most part been tied to the night elves and Druids, and their humanoid form is basically a night elf.
    And Red Dragons and Bronze Dragons have their aspects in Blood Elf form so the Horde would get them too by your logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    That's easy enough. Because of size, armor issues, lack of female model etc, they just wouldn't as playable race. Same with dragons and dryads. No wait, even worse with dragons and dryads
    Surely a MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY could think of something? Besides they dont need a female model. They are just de-evolved rocks anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    They would also fight alongside the Tauren/Trolls too since those races are also druidic and belong to the Cenarian Circle.

And Red Dragons and Bronze Dragons have their aspects in Blood Elf form so the Horde would get them too by your logic.
    lol trolls will never be real druids and Green Dragons have a connection to night elves through Cenarius and the Emerald Dream. Red dragons would never join the horde because of the Dragonmaw Clan, and Bronze dragons don't belong to any faction because they don't really care about anything other than the time lines.
    Last edited by deathshere; 2020-08-26 at 08:48 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Surely a MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY could think of something? Besides they dont need a female model. They are just de-evolved rocks anyways.
    One of reason they are MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY is that they know to not give you all toys at once... but just enough for you to buy expac and sub at least for few months every year.

Dryads and dragons are neutral, dryads only caring for nature and the preservation of it, some might say "yeah! Join the alliance!" But yet the alliance is no better about destroying forests and land for resources the same as the horde.

Dragons are selfish in nature, if it doesnt concern them then they usually dont lift a finger to help, hence why kelecgos didn't drop what he was doing with dalaran to go help his love interest, and besides they got dragon stuff to handle.

Ogres, i think theyre near extinct aren't they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    Ogres should have been playable long, long ago. they're one of the longest standing members of the Horde, were present in the old Horde as well and yet are still only represented by a few token NPCs. many players are probably unaware that they're even in the Horde

it would be fun to play a Dryad or Centaur-like race and make a welcome difference after the flood of reskin races (as great as some of the allied races are)
    Ogres were planned for Cataclysm, but they went with Goblins, and Goblins - If anything - should've been a neutral race.

I dont see dragons or dryads happening, but Ogres? Should've been with the Horde instead of Forsaken in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by blahdiblah View Post
    how can you say no to being a dragon that sounds fucking awesome!
    they even have the tech alrdy because of DRUIDS right.
    had to fix your giant flaw there buddy

Faction conflict is so meaningless to the dragon races there is no point of them pledging service to either Alliance or Horde and Dryads look more tied and interested in taking care of forests and creeps.

I can see the ogres joining the Horde though

I can see some ogre clans joining the alliance too. There are many clans that have conflicts with orcs.

Dragon would be the easiest one to add.

Would work just like the Aspects. Have a humanoid form and can just turn into an actual dragon (just like the Sandstone mount), just turning you into a flying mount.

lol trolls will never be real druids and Green Dragons have a connection to night elves through Cenarius and the Emerald Dream. Red dragons would never join the horde because of the Dragonmaw Clan, and Bronze dragons don't belong to any faction because they don't really care about anything other than the time lines.
    The Dragonmaw Clan was under Deathwing's control. And to be honest the Dragon aspects are above and beyond the faction conflict. If they felt one race or an entire faction became a threat to their Titan-given mission, they would move to eliminate that threat. Remember Malygos? Only reason Alexstraza jumped in against him was that his actions became a threat to her mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    One of reason they are MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY is that they know to not give you all toys at once... but just enough for you to buy expac and sub at least for few months every year.
    It's amazing how many people fail to realize that. They complain about content gates, mistakenly calling them "time gates" in the process.