Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mage (Main)...I don’t like any of the mage abilities specifically, so I think I’ll choose Necrolord or Venthyr for aesthetics. But since I want to have a Necrolord DK because I’m so original, that kind of pins me with the vamps. Paladin as Kyrian (continuing the originality). Not sure on the 4th. Maybe a Shaman that I’ve been dungeon leveling as resto (79 atm) for the Night Fae.

I think once I play through and see the covenants in action I’ll have a better idea of which one I’ll want to use.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Orc warrior - necrolord. Draka, strength and honor. All of that.
    BE mage - Ventyr. Kael'thas, this awesome red-and-gold items and new tabard just cool.
    NE Druid or Hunter - Night fae. I dont think i need to explain that.
    Human paladin - Bastion. I dont think i need to explain that too.

Human Retri Paladin - Necrolords - I was thinking of Kyrian first for this one, but I think I will be better immersed incinerating tons of undead with holy fire and my Ashbringer. And their plate set is the best imo.

Night Elf MM Hunter OR Draenei Enh Shaman - Night Fae - the mail set is awesome and both chars fit the rebirth/wild gods/nature themes.

Blood Elf Havoc DH - Venthyr - their leather set is the best of the 4 covenants and also the best among the other Venthyr sets. And it's a good match for Belf Heritage armor. Plus Kael'thas is there.

Human Frost Mage - Kyrian - their cloth set is very cool and my Mage likes Order :3

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    If you're not an altoholic, this question may not be for you

I'm trying to decide which of my toons to be my 4 (or 'first' 4) to go through Shadowlands with; the idea being one per covenant.

Basically curious, for those thinking along the same lines, what toons did you settle on and why?
    Main is blood DK, probably sailing towards Necrolords, the three others, leveled up for SL are DH going to Venthyr, Monk to Bastion and Druid to Night Fae.
    If any covenant or soulbind has a perfect ability catered for solo players (even if I PvE with this char), the DK'll switch, others will be dispatched to fill the 3 remaining positions.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm trying to decide which of my toons to be my 4 (or 'first' 4) to go through Shadowlands with; the idea being one per covenant.

Basically curious, for those thinking along the same lines, what toons did you settle on and why?
    i have one of every class, not counting the multiples.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

It will be all 12 classes, spread through every possible race. Switching specs depending on content.

I'm going with more or less obvious choices.

Unholy DK - Necrolords (if they balance the perks I'll use my main, otherwise Revendreth and I'll send my Alt DK and my Fury Warry to Maldraxxus)
    Retri Pala, Priest - Kyrian
    Tauren and/or Zandalari Druid, Shamy - Night Fae
    Rogue and Havoc DH, WL - Revendreth

Hunter, Monk and Mage are still undecided.

I really only "play" play my Gnome Warrior, but I'll probably lvl cap my other warrior, pally, druid, and lock to 60 at some point and will pick which ever Covenant armor looks best on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Indil View Post
    Havoc Dh, Feral, Ww, Warlock.

Maining Dh for the first time, if you can't beat'em, join them
    You're an expansion too late for that, the dh you have in shadowlands is a pathetic shadow of what it was in bfa with 3x furious gaze. it's so dissapointing it's actually made me mad and made me reroll ranged for the first time since MoP. You're better off maining rogue or warrior, this is getting you much easier access to pugs and guilds in general. 1 guaranteed slot per guild for a DH for the debuff, rest is pretty much other melee 100%.

7+ Year Old Account
    Orc Death Knight - Necrolord
    Blood Elf Demon Hunter - Venthyr
    Undead Priest - Kyrian
    Blood Elf Monk - Night Fae

Quote Originally Posted by Indil View Post
    Havoc Dh, Feral, Ww, Warlock.

Maining Dh for the first time, if you can't beat'em, join them
    Maining DH after they get target capped? Nice.

Human Warlock
    Blood Elf Warlock
    Void Elf Warlock
    Dark Iron Warlock

And as a bonus

Nightborne Warlock

I'll figure out what covenant to join later. I don't have all day to play the game anymore unlike my damned teenager.

Main: Druid primarily restoration Probably Nightfay
    1st Twink: Havoc DH Venthyr
    2nd TwinK: Blood DK Maldaraxxus
    3rd Twink: Paladin or Priest all specs equally Kyrian

15+ Year Old Account
    Main: DK, either Necrolord or Night Fae. Gonna be doing all content, but I want the advantage in PVP.
    Main PVP alt: Arms Warrior. This guy will be purely focused on PVP, I won't PVE on him unless it's casual.

PVE alt: Rogue, most likely Necrolord Sub because I wanna fart around on it to see if it's good now. I usually do this once an xpac.
    Healer alt: undecided on what class right now, but I know I for sure want one. Most likely Shaman or Druid since I already have each one and don't feel like binding buttons on a new healer yet.

The last 2 aren't very likely because I find modern healing kind of atrocious and I'm bored of Rogues, but Sub got enough to warrant putting it on the list.
    Last edited by msdos; 2020-09-01 at 06:56 AM.

Venthyr Warrior
    Night Fae Druid

Not bothering with any more until for a good 6 months. There's nothing I've tried on the beta/PTR that makes me think "oh my GOD I just MUST play that!" & long gone are the days of playing 13 characters (two Druids) in Legion.

I have 4 of each class across both factions. 4 total? Pffrt.

The first ones to level CAP, are always my OG crew, the first character I created of each class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... at the moment, i have 2 set in stone, and the rest.. well not sure.

Draneai Priest- Kyrian, why? Cause i like the transmog items and cause i really like the class (Though i'm not sure if i'm going to end up lvling my horde or alliance one, most likely ally)

Blood Elf Hunter - Revendreth, why? Mostly cause TELEPORT! i like abilities that give you movement (and yes Anderweald is another option for me, but i don't like any of the backpiece for my hunter), and why Hunter? Cause that have been my main since TBC and i really like the class. (Horde)

I plan on lvling up a Shammy Vulpera for Maldraxxus and a Rogue Undead for Maldraxxus... yeah, 2 for the same, why? cause i like the transmog pieces, but i will most likely just lvl up the Vulpera, get the items i want, and only ever use it for RP every now and then, but i will use the Rogue, i have been wanting to try the class, and regardless the expansion, people always say that playing Rogue is fun.

The priest and hunter will be mainly PVE (the hunter may see some PVP), the Shammy only PVE (maybe), the Rogue will be mainly PVP (they got their fame for something)

Prot Paladin
    Frost DK (maybe blood)
    Ele Shaman
    fury warrior
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Frost mage, Arms Warrior, Havoc DH and Enhance shammy.

Sylvanas Loyalist Venthyr Forsaken Monk
    Sylvanas Loyalist Forsaken Kyrian Warrior
    Priest of Elune Nightfae Nightborne
    Necrolord Night Elf Mage, also a Sylvanas Loyalist