Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    The "major" problems seem to affect mostly the top 0.1% of raiders and the pseudo-elitist idiots that think they are like the 0.1% of raiders.

Thus.. not really Major problems at all, as the game would likely be far better off without them.
    Mythic raiders and people who run m+ keys make up for more than 0.1% of population.

And why anyone should care about casuals who dont care about itemization. For them u can just throw in some xmogs + pets and they will be happy.

Features that have impact on how strong is your character should be tuned for people who actually use it to do current content, instead for people who use hc gear to farm world quest exclusively.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    Mythic raiders and people who run m+ keys make up for more than 0.1% of population.
    I never said it was only the 0.1% that did that stuff. You seem to be the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Their 200 IQ solution will be to add a second, actually useful signature skill to each covenant in 9.2, gated (of course!) behind a massive, soul crushing grind. #PullTheRipcord sadly isn't happening anytime soon with Ion in charge - not unless there a massive income hiatus.
    I am not saying your wrong... I am saying your making me sad ;<

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post

And why anyone should care about casuals who dont care about itemization
    And this is where you are wrong so rest of the post is invalid. Playing RPGs is about having their characters grow in power so even most casual players DO care about that.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    And this is where you are wrong so rest of the post is invalid. Playing RPGs is about having their characters grow in power so even most casual players DO care about that.
    Always blows my mind that people act like casual players just wander around aimlessly without a care in the world. Casual just means you don't spend as much time playing, that doesn't mean you don't spend some of that time away researching what is the best way to do something.

A good chunk of your casual players used to be hardcore players at one point in time. Just because they can't play every day doesn't mean they don't want to do things effectively and the right way.

There are certain things you keep with you even after you are no longer hard core. There is a reason things like icy-veins and wowhead are heavily used. It helps cut down on the time required to get up and rolling.

Yeppers.

I remember spending more time on shadowpanther and Akrios roguerogue looking into gear, leveling enchants and tips to playing. Good times back then.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    But they did listen to people in the beta. Development takes time and they can't just ditch or change a system willy nilly. The azerite system saw improvements throughout each patch. That was from player feedback. You make the mistake of developers not doing what you want with not listening.
    They have listened more this alpha/beta cycle than in bfa. many things that the playerbase cried about were changed immedaitely. torghast lockouts/debuffs. conduits being destroyed instead of being saved.

listening to feedback and doing everything the playerbase asks for are 2 completely different things. no matter what they do, someone will be unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Based on beta feedback it can be saved though if they pull the rip cord IMVHO.

They can save covenants and the expansion if they just listen to players.
    No. I don't want a Homer Simpson-designed MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    When they did the stat squish this happened too and they will give us an old school content hidden buff again hopefully before launch. I do not like the nerf to older content drops that is indeed a slap in the face of moggers everywhere. They could simply reduce the value maximum on gear in older content instead of being lazy fucks.
    Honestly i don't even get why we have to wait two expansions worth to solo raids. They should apply the buff to the last expansions concurrent tier and below. So 9.1 would add buff to the 8.1 raid, 9.2 to 8.2 and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Hope not, covenants being a meaningful choice is one of the best parts about Shadowloands.

There are a lot of other tweaks they can do before destroying the system totally as you suggest.
    Please elaborate how covenants are a meaningful choice without parroting the same buzzwords that all your peers use. I really want you to convince me, because I think you have little idea of whats going on in SL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Who cares what Bellular thinks? He is a nobody and only speaks for himself and he in no way makes your opinions fact or validates them.
    Bold words from an actual Nobody.

Yeah it seems pretty much dead on arrival at this point, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah it seems pretty much dead on arrival at this point, sadly.
    I think that is going a bit to far... sure the new systems are steaming garbage but the dungeons and raids are good.. It also has less busy work then bfa so hey... babysteps

Quote Originally Posted by piocgvdqsa View Post
    Just think about this Wall of Bullshit. This is psychopathic
    As we all know, going full ad hominem when replying to a high-effort post made with only the best of intentions is the gentlemans way of internet communication.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah - and most of the time they are awesome, but the awesome thing is if you don't like change then you don't have to play the brand new systems... I avoided warfronts and island in BfA without a hitch.
    Is there anything about Blizzards game design you dont like? Because it seems to me that players like you who believe blizzard can do no wrong and mindlessly shut down any kind of valid criticism should reconsider their place in discussing what might be a mistake and what isnt? Because you obviously fanboy too hard to actually be taken seriously?

I mean this with no disrespect, but the endlessly repeated "mEaNinGfuL cHoIcE, 1%, miN mAx, cAn'T bE gOod aT eVeRythIng" narrative seems like the "Make America Great Again" of the WoW community to me.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by LazuOG; 2020-09-06 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    People complained about the RNG legendaries and that's how we got the return of login, raid, maybe do a M+, log out for a week with zero incentive to do other content.
    Just to be clear, this is exactly how Shadowlands is going to look. Playtime for main character will be < 3h/week.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Just to be clear, this is exactly how Shadowlands is going to look. Playtime for main character will be < 3h/week.
    I would be happy beyond words if we went back to that. Sadly we are not quite there yet...

Spot on. Casuals might favor fun instead of min max, but I'd wager a big portion of casuals that do dungeons/raiding do want to be as good as they can, within the "fun" limit. I have seen people doing normals be more serious about maxing stuff than many mythic raiders. I got a guildie who is super casual, she use most of her time to fish and stuff to get the guild consumables outside raiding. But she asks us to sim her gear often and asks for opinions on gear and other power related stuff. And most people I know are both casuals and wants to perform as best they can, just like that.

We might not think it, but many, if not most people that raids and do dungeons are doing middle range stuff like normal/heroic and mythic+ to a certain level. And they also wants to perform. But they just don't want performance to be over fun all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Oh whoops, looks like you spilled your subjective opinions all over the place. Better tidy that up, all opinions are 100% facts around here.

What you complainers don't seem to understand is that picking the best covenant is your "choice". You are choosing to pick based on power instead of (insert whatever you want here).

I am 100% picking the best covenant for m+. That is my choice. Someone else may choose for tmog or mounts, that is their choice.

Hey mate, "Complainer" here.

I completely understand you point. Maybe you will understand mine, too.

Lets stick with m+ at first. Imagine its fortified, you are playing a dps warrior, and you know for aoe pulls and occasional cc Spear of Bastion seems to be the best m+ Covenant. Now fast forward to next reset. Tyrannical. You and your guildies bash your heads in trying to finish your 10's for the week, but some of the bosses seem to always slap you right before you can kill them. You need single target DPS. Luckily, Venthyr have this ablity called Condemn that even has synergistic conduits available. "Neat! Just what I needed", you think. Except you can't swap to Venthyr anytime soon because you already went Venthyr once to try it out. While you ponder on ways to lead your group to success, you already see them asking in /g if theres any Venthyr Warriors online to replace you, since Kyrian just won't cut it this week.

Now on to the second example, my situation. I also have no issue specializing in one aspect of gameplay I like, and therefore running at 90% efficency in other aspects.
    I choose PvP. For consistency, lets stick with the warrior example.
    Now, PvP encompasses 2v2, 3v3, Bg's and World PvP. You might see the issue already, but I can make my point using just 2v2 as an example.
    Lets say I fight a Disc - Rogue comp, where I know I will have lots of uptime on the Priest, Condemn is the bread winner here. Next game, I fight a RDruid - Mage comp. I might wanna make sure I get as much uptime as possible, so the near mandatory talent here would be spear of bastion. Annoying, right?

Now for the ultimate kick in the teeth. After hours of hating yourself you make the decision that uptime might be the bigger issue in 55% of the most common matchups, so you grudgingly side with the Kyrian for Spear of Bastion. You invite your Holy Pally mate, queue it up, and "bing" your first matchup after your meaningful decision is a mirror. Against a Venthyr Warrior, with the superior Covenant for the matchup. Thanks to your oh so meaningful choice that "should be fine once you accept you cant be good at everything" I am suboptimal even in the part of the game that I meaningfully chose to be my thing.

No matter how you look at this, the idea is flawed to its core.
    Last edited by LazuOG; 2020-09-06 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Spot on. Casuals might favor fun instead of min max, but I'd wager a big portion of casuals that do dungeons/raiding do want to be as good as they can, within the "fun" limit. I have seen people doing normals be more serious about maxing stuff than many mythic raiders. I got a guildie who is super casual, she use most of her time to fish and stuff to get the guild consumables outside raiding. But she asks us to sim her gear often and asks for opinions on gear and other power related stuff. And most people I know are both casuals and wants to perform as best they can, just like that.

We might not think it, but many, if not most people that raids and do dungeons are doing middle range stuff like normal/heroic and mythic+ to a certain level. And they also wants to perform. But they just don't want performance to be over fun all the time.
    You mean the invisible majority who as far as I can tell never existed as even since tbc everyone was using the same talent set up might not exist!

Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    You mean the invisible majority who as far as I can tell never existed as even since tbc everyone was using the same talent set up might not exist!
    If you would actually play the game and talk with random people there you would understand what are we tolkien bout'.
    In game opinions are like polar opposite of what you read on forums. And that is simply truth that if everything is fine, people dont praise things, they complain if something is not they way they want it.

Out of like 40 mythic raiders I regularly play with only one so far complained bout covenants. And best thing, he complained about them not being spec specific lol. The fact they are semi-locked wasnt a problem for him at all.

If you would actually play the game and talk with random people there you would understand what are we tolkien bout'.
    In game opinions are like polar opposite of what you read on forums. And that is simply truth that if everything is fine, people dont praise things, they complain if something is not they way they want it.

Out of like 40 mythic raiders I regularly play with only one so far complained bout covenants. And best thing, he complained about them not being spec specific lol. The fact they are semi-locked wasnt a problem for him at all.
    I walked into lfr out of end of patch boredom and transmog hunting. I know you are lying because I have seen these average players... it isn't how you claim... it isnt how you claim at all.