Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The routing of zones in BfA is so unbelievable convoluted

(if you enter the expansion now at least). You wish you were a mage and not a monk because in order to travel around you have in many cases go from hearthstone to portal to portal to portal and almost never in 1 or 2 travelling actions (not trying to make it easier (I mean they should be less steps even if they were longer). They have to seriously rethink the elegance of travelling in wow because now it's a total mess on end-game (like you seriously have to use CATACLYSM portals AND BFA portals in main capitals AND hearthstones AND secondary portals in BfA "capitals" etc. (what if they made flying with flight masters a better "mini game" with perks and a nce progression system and get rid of all this mess?).

Dont even get me started on Nazjatar without flying... Yikes.

The Flight Master's Whistle kind of negates this entire argument.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The Flight Master's Whistle kind of negates this entire argument.
    Good point, but dont you have to do all the quests in the zone or explore it all first to get it?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Good point, but dont you have to do all the quests in the zone or explore it all first to get it?
    It's generally a quest reward. Part of unlocking world quests when you hit max lvl.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

i hate that we dont have simly 1 continent anymore where i could set my directon and auto walk/fly and alt tab. now i have to go to 20 different portals/ships to reach where i want to be

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Never had that problem, despite leveling 13 characters through BFA.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    (if you enter the expansion now at least). You wish you were a mage and not a monk because in order to travel around you have in many cases go from hearthstone to portal to portal to portal and almost never in 1 or 2 travelling actions (not trying to make it easier (I mean they should be less steps even if they were longer). They have to seriously rethink the elegance of travelling in wow because now it's a total mess on end-game (like you seriously have to use CATACLYSM portals AND BFA portals in main capitals AND hearthstones AND secondary portals in BfA "capitals" etc. (what if they made flying with flight masters a better "mini game" with perks and a nce progression system and get rid of all this mess?).
    I am so confused by this... your mad there is so many ways to travel?

"You have to use cata portals, bfa portals, hearthstones, and secondary portals!?"

So what, you want them to remove hearthstones and have just 1 giant chamber with a portal to every single town in it, and every time you log out you appear there or something?

What the fuck are you asking for?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I resurrected this old account just to point out that I read the post and yeah it's aggrevating that to get from say Boralus to Uldum to Vale you have to decide "would it be faster to take the portal for the chamber area and fly to Uldum or get to the Cataclysm portal by taking the Stormwind portal and if so would I use my Legion Dalaran hearthstone or my BFA hearthstone set to Boralus and if I want to get to Vale I can just go from Stormwind but now I got to take a flight path or manually fly at an angle from right next to one."

They should have just made the two zones portals in the Chamber of Heart after you unlock their weeklies.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Here's the thing: you don't have to use any portals if you don't want to. No one is forcing you. Travel how you want!

By all means, use zepplins and/or your flying mounts, or even your ground mount if you're so entitled, to get everywhere you want, with the exception of a couple specific zones that require direct portal access.

I personally love the newer/updated portal system, which is even more improved on the SL beta, because it's ridiculously easy to navigate where I want to go, within a matter of seconds or minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    To each their own I suppose. I leveled 14 characters to 120 and I didn’t get the same feeling you have. Granted 2 of them were done after flying released.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

The entire point of flight masters even still existing in the game is that you can go and take a bathroom break or whatever while the game does the flying for you for a miniscule fee, your idea is awful.

Let's break down BFA's traveling:
    two main islands. FPs between them, flight master's whistle, and then the second island that you traverse to one of the 3 zones from a ship. So you're in Stormsong and want to get to Vol'dun, hearth to boralus, take ship. 2 steps.

You're in Stormsong and want to get to Nazjatar, hearth, take portal. 2 steps.

You're in Stormsong and want to get to the valley of eternal blossoms, this should've had a portal. guild cape, take portal to pandaria, fly halfway across continent. Little more convoluted, but 3 steps anyone can do. You can also just set your hearth in the valley, making getting back to Boralus more convoluted instead.

You're in Stormsong and want to get to corrupted Uldum, also would've been nice to have a portal in Boralus, but guild cape, take portal to Uldum, done, two steps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Never had a problem. The most important hubs are the portal rooms in the major cities.

The Cata portals are just there for convenience and the 8.3 zones.

What do you want`? A portal room with one portal to every zone? Or Everything removed?

I am not a fan of making traveling another minigame. It is something you have to do in open world. Don't make it another chore you have to atend to just to get from point a to point b. There is nothing wrong with what we have currently. I woul rather go so far and remove the old expansion specific hearthstones but put portal rooms in every major city so you don't have to be in SW or OG forever!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I resurrected this old account just to point out that I read the post and yeah it's aggrevating that to get from say Boralus to Uldum to Vale you have to decide "would it be faster to take the portal for the chamber area and fly to Uldum or get to the Cataclysm portal by taking the Stormwind portal and if so would I use my Legion Dalaran hearthstone or my BFA hearthstone set to Boralus and if I want to get to Vale I can just go from Stormwind but now I got to take a flight path or manually fly at an angle from right next to one."

They should have just made the two zones portals in the Chamber of Heart after you unlock their weeklies.
    Exactly. This player totally gets it. The whistle isn't going to save you since this is also about old zones too that you are forced to pass through.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post

Pro players have a Tol Barad tabard to use

5+ Year Old Account
    I hate levelling in BfA, even if the zones are pretty and have great music (well... except Zuldazar ). The portals-a-thon is really jarring, I wish we had a single continent and just traverse it whether it is with flight or FPs, as it was the case in e.g. WotLK.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I am so confused by this... your mad there is so many ways to travel?

"You have to use cata portals, bfa portals, hearthstones, and secondary portals!?"

So what, you want them to remove hearthstones and have just 1 giant chamber with a portal to every single town in it, and every time you log out you appear there or something?

What the fuck are you asking for?
    Maybe they're asking for Fast Travel from other games..? It does seem a little silly that for all the solutions to making traveling easier the one solution that was never implemented was just being able to click on key locations on a map and being able to instantly go there as long as you've been there before. It sounds a lot like Flight Masters if you never had to use a Flight Master Whistle or wait for gryphons/wyverns to take you somewhere... or hop through numerous portals, as the case would be. At the very least a reduction in loading screens seems like something that would improve the experience, even if it trivializes travel. But it's not like there aren't so many tools already to make getting around as automated, anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...aren't you planning out where you're going?

A hearthstone's CD is only 15 minutes with the guild perk. Doing your Uldum quests or Vale quests will take you longer than that. And even if you need yet another way back in the meantime... the seperate dalaran hearthstone will hook you right up to stormwind/org, which you can then just use to get back to boralus/dazar'alor.

If you were some madman and did like half the vale quests, then half the uldum quests, then decided to go back to vale and then back to uldum in the course of like 30 minutes to finish them... then yeah, you'd probably be fairly encumbered. But I'd also argue you'd be a psychopath for doing dailies like that.

If you're within each BFA continent, it takes you no more than five minutes to fly to the capital city. Same with flying back on your flying mount to the portal from anywhere in nazjatar.

Of course, you could just be a cool guy and be a Death Knight, with a one-minute CD on your death gate which allows you access to Acherus, which has a portal to dalaran, which then acts as an immediate way to get to SW/Org, which then gets you right back to boralus/Dazar'alor.

Now of course, this stuff isn't really a problem when players have ready access to flying mounts. When you're walking your ass everywhere? Yeah, it starts to become a much bigger problem.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-10-05 at 02:51 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    If travelling is that annoying to you, roll dark iron, vulpera, or engineer. Dark Iron have lots of zones they can go to at will, Vulpera have a second hearth that can go pretty much anywhere (even outside the carousel at the darkmoon fair), and engineers can teleport to any continent.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    this is possibly the most ridiculous thread I have ever read. It is really easy to get around the world if you plan it a little bit, and sure sometimes it involves flying a bit but that is ok. we have more portals now than ever before. Not only the portals but there are so many different items that can get you around the world. oh no so you have to fly from Silithus/Tanaris to Uldum (or from the Portal room to the Cata portals) and Jade Forest to Vale? oh the humanity! won't somebody think of the children?

seriously, this is ridiculous. if you're wanting a game where you can instantly teleport anywhere you like then go find one and play it. if you're that pressed for time that you can't spend an extra 30 seconds flying from Portal Room to Cata portals and a minute to fly from Silithus/Tanaris to Uldum and Jade Forest to Vale then maybe this isn't the game for you.