Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Where is the limit towards these dumb and grindy achievements

Okay, I think Blizzard are overdoing achievements. Ever since Legion they're going overboard.
    An example is, 1000 tumors, where you just fly around in a N'zoth invaded zone and destroying 1000 of these bad boys.
    Why? Literally why? Why do these achievements exist.
    https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...t-a-tumor#news

I don't see the point in giving out useless achievements, you might start adding achievements for 10 steps taken, 20 steps taken, or how many minutes you have AFKED.

Sabertron Assemble - months of checking every single day for the 1 your missing
    7th Legion Spycatcher, It's really getting out of hand - stupidly difficult and unless you 'cheat' and do it in a raid group, 1 shot every few weeks/months
    Upright Citizens - weeks/months of waiting not only for the quest but for the NPCs to be there
    Kul Runnings - weeks/months for the right quests to pop
    Battle-Scarred NPCs in Naz - Only terrible due to being 90 days of essentially the exact same stuff
    Puzzle Performer - weeks/months waiting for the ones you still need
    Junkyard Melomaniac - Some unncessarily rare drops from rare mobs
    Head Financier of Mechagon and Junkyard Machinist - End goal easily seen but just a stupidly high amount.
    Catchin' Some Rays - Could fish 20k fish and still not get this
    Tell me a Tale - RNG on RNG on RNG. One of the worst achievements ive ever grinded
    Tour of War - Fortnightly attempt at this with the bosses on 'random'. Took me 6 months to finally get the last one.
    An Eventful Battle - Have to replay the same, 30 min scenario over and over hoping for something to pop, hoping you get there in time, hoping you dont get removed for not contributing enough because your staying near a spawn spot
    Azeroth at War - Daily checking for the slim chance a mission you need is there.
    Most Minis Win - Stupidly low drop rate for 1 of them. Takes months upon months on a weekly cooldown
    Available in eight colors - RNg drops from rare mobs with a low enough chance people go months without seeing a drop.

Almost every single achievement ive listed is just designed to sucker completionists in to keeping up their membership on the off chance the thing they need appears.

This system is starting to become a joke.
    Although that their subraces is kinda neat, I give them that.
    Last edited by Overlordd; 2020-09-03 at 07:32 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd say if you don't like them, don't do them? It's for completionists.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I'd say if you don't like them, don't do them? It's for completionists.
    There is a line between being a completionist and realising you're a number doing silly, time wasting achievements so Blizzard can report better statistics to investors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Generating work load

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    There is a line between being a completionist and realising you're a number doing silly, time wasting achievements so Blizzard can report better statistics to investors.
    LMFAO, this shit has been around since the game was in its infancy. It's a fucking MMO, pointless grinds come with the territory. But no, according to you it's suddenly this specific achievement that's padding Blizzard's engagement metrics. Looks like you figured it all out, my dude.

I always ask that question whenever I see archaeology achievements.
    S.H.

Do you have every single other achievement in the game? If the answer is no why are you bothered by it, no one is pointing a gun to your head forcing you to do that. Open world achievement are meant to kill time when you have nothing better to do anyway

Doing the 20k eyes achivement in dalaran sewers right now is even more tedious , and that one even gives you an unique mount
    Last edited by valax; 2020-09-02 at 09:52 PM.

I guess that line differs from person to person? What is it worth to the individual depends on the individual I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    LMFAO, this shit has been around since the game was in its infancy. It's a fucking MMO, pointless grinds come with the territory. But no, according to you it's suddenly this specific achievement that's padding Blizzard's engagement metrics. Looks like you figured it all out, my dude.
    I've never seen as much grindy and bullshit waste of time achievements like in Legion and especially in BfA. Point towards me some achievements that weren't a dumb boring mindless grind, without feeling the need to go to reputation grinds.

Sure you had some dumb achievements here and there, but in BfA they went overboard with this garbage.

I've never seen as much grindy and bullshit waste of time achievements like in Legion and especially in BfA. Point towards me some achievements that weren't a dumb boring mindless grind, without feeling the need to go to reputation grinds.

Sure you had some dumb achievements here and there, but in BfA they went overboard with this garbage.
    That's an oddly specific request that you're making just so you can make the incredibly banal argument that yet another thing in BfA sucks. Who cares?

This cant be genuine, can it? I dont do achievements at all because i have no interest in spending my time doing mindless activities in game. So i dont. They dont impact me at all.

Thats like complaining that Forza has Hondas in it and you dont like Hondas so they shouldnt be in the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Where is the limit towards these dumb and grindy achievements
    There is no limit! Gaaaaaah

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This cant be genuine, can it? I dont do achievements at all because i have no interest in spending my time doing mindless activities in game. So i dont. They dont impact me at all.

Thats like complaining that Forza has Hondas in it and you dont like Hondas so they shouldnt be in the game.
    He's basically complaining that "Forza added Honda's for people who like Honda's, Honda's are a shit car and they clearly only added it to make people drive Honda's"
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    He's basically complaining that "Forza added Honda's for people who like Honda's, Honda's are a shit car and they clearly only added it to make people drive Honda's"
    Don't forget that the Hondas are only there so that Honda's QR can report that they saw a percentage increase in brand exposure.

The majority of OG achievements weren't cancerous like they are in BFA
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Yes, thank you for making my terrible analogy slightly less terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget that the Hondas are only there so that Honda's QR can report that they saw a percentage increase in brand exposure.
    See Above.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    That's a pretty subjective take. There have always been grinds in WoW -- there's even a possibility somebody who disliked prior expansion "optional grinds" prefers BfA's. I know, it's hard to process...somebody enjoying an aspect of BfA; but, I think that's a far more diplomatic and reasonable possibility than the extremely cynical take the OP has that Blizzard makes things like this just to pad engagement metrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    iron dwarf: medium rare
    Rare hunt achievs
    Last edited by Kehego; 2020-09-02 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    iron dwarf: medium rare
    Thats the Uld dragon yeah? What a bloody nightmare that was.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Thats the Uld dragon yeah? What a bloody nightmare that was.
    I'm sure you could get 10000 pustules(10x) before you got all the rare mobs in northrend