Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Are you a believer?

This post if from almost a year ago. If its fake, how are there already multiple items in the list happening?
    I was skeptical at first but as we get closer to SL, I do believe this is the Future that is going to play out.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...the_real_leak/

-After 'defeating' Azshara and N'Zoth at the end of BFA, N'Zoth's true plan is revealed. In the prepatch scenario, we find out that he essentially tricked us into releasing ALL of the Old Gods, and trapped us in stasis. We finally manage to escape, only to find out that a few years have passed and the Old Gods have established foot-holds in Azeroth, and are working to expand their kingdoms. Many stories seeded throughout Legion (Artifacts and Class Hall) and BFA (Island Expedition quests) will come to fruition.
    -There are some major changes coming to the World of Warcraft:
    ***-Level Squish - Our time entrapped has weakened us, and the base level cap is now 60, with level 70 being this expansion's cap.
    -World revamp - The world has been ravaged by war, and is slowly being corrupted by the Old Gods.
    -All zones either revamped, or blocked off to be opened in a later patch (Massive Blizzard blocking Stormpeaks and Icecrown)
    ***-The new expansion zones will have us delve into the dark places of Azeroth:
    -Ahn'Qiraj and the hives and temple beneath as a full zone
    -Azjol'Nerub as multiple underground zones (Upper Kingdom and Lower Kingdom)
    -Grim Batol as a full underground zone
    ***-Timewalking zones - Old expansion zones are available as alternate levelling content in the Caverns of Time, they are made available by the bronze dragons to prevent interference from increased infinite flight activity
    -Special Infinite Flight events and invasions may occur in these zones, and scale with level
    -Faction revamp - The Alliance and Horde are fractured, and the lines between allies and enemies have been blurred.
    -Horde and Alliance can now chat, trade, join communities, and group with each other (Some restrictions will exist, like Mythic raiding, which will follow current Cross Realm rules)
    -Opposing faction capital cities and their associated factions are now neutral, and rep can be earned to improve your standing with them.
    -There is still a core Horde faction, led by Sylvanas, and a core Alliance faction, led by Tyrande
    -Activating Warmode will declare you as a 'pure' Alliance/Horde Loyalist, and will place you into PvP shards using the current PvP systems, with the current city hostilities and faction interaction restrictions in place.
    -Since the factions are in disarray, Guilds will become the new focus
    -Still faction specific
    -Guild halls, with trophy rooms, vendors, NPC 'recruits' and mission tables, crafting workshops and other customization options that can be upgraded through guild activities
    -These are instanced, and can be closed or open to the public
    -They are working on letting guilds place 'work orders' for non-member players to fill (turn in various crafting materials), rewards xp and gold (taken from the guild coffers)
    -In order to combat Old God Influence and the Curse of Flesh, some races are turning to technology to battle their forces: New Class, Tinker!
    -Not a hero class, starts at level 1, like the monks
    -Unique technology themed character customizations, to combat the curse of flesh!
    -Alliance races: Gnomes, Mechagnomes, Draenei, Light Forged Draenei
    -Horde races: Goblins, Vulpera, Blood Elves, Nightborne
    -Mail armor class with tank, healing, and ranged DPS spec
    -Tank spec uses energy shields, barriers, and a mech-suit for defense
    -Mech suits will look different based on the race (i.e. Goblin's looks like shredder)
    -DPS spec uses crossbows and guns, with various turrets, explosives, and gadgets
    -Healing spec uses healing bots, sprays, bandage guns, syringes, energy shields, and barriers
    -Big class balancing pass incoming
    -Abilities, talent points and passives will come more steadily, making each 'DING' more meaningful and exciting
    -Many old abilities returning, with focus on class identity over spec identity
    -Working on incorporating some long requested abilities into classes, like a gladiator talent for arms warriors that changes abilities to let you dps with a weapon and shield set up
    -Since mail armor tank itemization will exist, there will also be a 4th Shaman tank spec added: The Earthwarden
    -Some other new race/class combos coming, like Night Elf Paladins!
    -Relic slots are returning, but now every class has one.
    -Shaman totem, DK Sigil, Druid Idol, and Paladin Libram are all returning
    -Some of the new ones will be Hunter Quiver and Priest Censer
    -Still early in development, but they will range in power from basic stat sticks as greens, to powerful and unique effects as epics.
    -They will show up on character models, with unique appearances and effects being tied to various challenges.

Believe me or don’t, take whatever with a grain of salt.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Same principle as the illuminati card game.

Wall of text alert...

But anyway nothing form this list is happening except level squish which was already known to be planned from Blizzard survey that was posted in MMO champ ages ago, the survey stated something along the lines that "level squish is inevitable" and at that point many people were either skeptical or against it.

A lot of the stuff that people wanted to happen, like faction "revamp" or Tinkers didn't happen because it's just wishful thinking "what we want to see" not what Blizzard intends.

I am not a believer of vague, somewhat accurate guesses. Even a broken clock is right twice daily... we really shouldn't give more credence to these topics than they deserve.

I... I don't know what of this you think is real and has happened? On that list, here's what's actually happened:

-

Oh look at that. The list is empty. The only thing they got right was the level squish, which we knew would happen, and on top of that, they got the level guess wrong. I guess timewalking zones? Though it's handled drastically different than this post.

10+ Year Old Account
    This list got so many things wrong. The level squish happened, but the new caps are 50/60 rather than 60/70. We didn't wind up in stasis, we wind up in the Shadowlands. I mean, both start with an S, but that's about where the correct items end. None of the new expansion zones listed are in there. And that core horde faction led by Sylvanas...um, yeah, not looking like that's gonna happen.

Frankly, I can't find much of anything right in this post. If the OP had said that the next expansion would be WoW: Animal Crossing, that might've been more accurate than this list.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    So this leak is from a year ago? And it’s apparently real because of what exactly? I read that as best a wall of text can be read but I didn’t see anything that came to pass that wasn’t just flat out wrong info.

OP what info in this wall of text is accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    This post if from almost a year ago. If its fake, how are there already multiple items in the list happening?
    Because the items that are playing out - the level squish, more flexible leveling order - were speculated to happen by everyone and their mom. They were widely considered, predicted outcomes.

Should we dredge up every single Shadowlands leak just because Shadowlands happened? No. It was a popular theory because it was the logical next setting. It didn't stop them from getting every other piece of information wrong.

Meanwhile, 90% of the nonsense on there doesn't mesh with the current direction - Sylvanas as a Horde leader, N'Zoth's plan being "revealed" 2 expansions later when it's inferred that it happens right after BFA, an Icecrown revamp an expansion after it would already be a major focus now, etc.

??? No? Literally the only thing that came to pass from that leak is the level squish, which was extremely predictable since Ion literally said in an interview that they had plans and ideas for that.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

1. Entire world revamp
    2. Two new areas/new continent
    2. New class
    3. New spec for Shaman
    4. Guild hall system and overhaul
    5. Entire revamp of class balance and abilities

That seems like a lot of things all at once. I don't buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, if you throw enough shit at a wall, statistically some of it is gonna stick. Just because a few things ended up right doesn't mean the "leak" was legit. Remember that infamous leak on Allakhazam people posted here ad infinitum and kept claiming was The One True Leak despite both the list being laughably outdated as well as the creator of the list itself admitting it was a hoax he made up when he got bored?

Some of this stuff, like the level squish, is stuff Blizzard has been brushing up against and considering for a long time now as a means of addressing the biggest hurdle new players reportedly cite when they quit the game or are turned off from joining (that being that 100/110/120 levels seems a daunting task to overcome for someone who's just joining).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Wall of text alert...

But anyway nothing form this list is happening except level squish which was already known to be planned from Blizzard survey that was posted in MMO champ ages ago, the survey stated something along the lines that "level squish is inevitable" and at that point many people were either skeptical or against it.

A lot of the stuff that people wanted to happen, like faction "revamp" or Tinkers didn't happen because it's just wishful thinking "what we want to see" not what Blizzard intends.

Not so much. You have multiple things on this list happening now.

-Level Squish - Our time entrapped has weakened us, and the base level cap is now 60, with level 70 being this expansion's cap.

-The new expansion zones will have us delve into the dark places of Azeroth: (The Maw)

-Timewalking zones - Old expansion zones are available as alternate levelling content in the Caverns of Time (Chromie)

-Many old abilities returning, with focus on class identity over spec identity

So there are a few things happening, but we shall see.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

so you put stars by three things. the three things that you believe are "real" leaks....

our time entrapped by what exactly? we arent entrapped by anything. if you mean shadowlands... well, level squish is before we go there, so that doesnt work. not only that but there had been talk about a level squish for quite some time now.

"dark places of azeroth" then goes on to mention some places that im pretty sure we arent going to. other than that the statement is FAR too broad.

old expansion timewalking... isnt really an "alternate" leveling path. you literally pick one expansion and level. it sounds like someone wanted something similar and it just so happend to be similar due to the level squish.

when you make claims of 1000 different things, a few are bound to be at least CLOSE to correct. none of these are completely correct, but they are close.

Sounds very exciting so of course I'd love it to be true. Time will tell. I remain cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Level Squish - Our time entrapped has weakened us, and the base level cap is now 60, with level 70 being this expansion's cap.
    But we didn't get entrapped by N'Zoth, the level squish has no lore or story reasoning behind it. The same way that the item squishes haven't. Blizzard doesn't give story justification for these sort of mechanics, because it's jarring as hell.

The new expansion zones will have us delve into the dark places of Azeroth: (The Maw)
    The Maw isn't on Azeroth. It's also not listed here. Like, what the fuck kind of prediction is this? Every single WoW expansion - every single one - had at least one "dark" zone in their new areas.

Timewalking zones - Old expansion zones are available as alternate levelling content in the Caverns of Time (Chromie)
    Again, we already knew about the squish, and they already led into a lot of speculation prior to this regarding leveling content being more flexible.

So there really isn't much. Just take the L on this one, dude.

One of the more fun expansion concepts I've seen, I like it a lot.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Sounds very exciting so of course I'd love it to be true. Time will tell. I remain cautious.
    No it’s a fake leak.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    No it’s a fake leak.
    Oh well! It was fun while it lasted.

This list is actually more impressive because it somehow managed to get literally nothing right.

That leak is the worst pile of shit, that i've seen, to have been considered "leaks" in a while.
    It wrong from beginning to end without a single line being right.