Poll: Pardon Julian Assange, Pardon Edward Snowden?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Why is this coming up? Hypothetical or are we hearing something about the next Trump horror?
    A couple weeks ago; Trump Says He’ll Look Into a Pardon for Edward Snowden

Pretty certain it's because Snowden shenanigans happened under Obama's watch.

Snowden is an idiot. Made himself a martyr for something everybody should have or already knew. Never really thought much about what Assange did. Who would not think that the government would spy on people to their best ability that technology would allow them too? I don't really care if either were pardoned or not pardoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Snowden is an idiot. Made himself a martyr for something everybody should have or already knew. Never really thought much about what Assange did. Who would not think that the government would spy on people to their best ability that technology would allow them too? I don't really care if either were pardoned or not pardoned.
    I mean, given that it's illegal, most people wouldn't assume it - and should fight it if it is the case.

The more damning reveal was that the government was putting backdoors in programs we trust from non-government entities. That was some China shit.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because it's 1AM I accidentally clicked to pardon Assange when I meant to click Snowdon, is there any way a mod can fix that, it was a definite error I don't support rapists

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Assange was basically held in confinement for many years on bullshit charges that were eventually dropped and now is being held in even worse environment in prison, where he seems to be visibly deteriorating.
    Assange wasn't held in confinement, he placed himself in self imposed confinement for just over seven years in order to hide from prosecution for a rape he committed in Sweden (which is comically longer than the average jail sentence for rape there was at the time).

The reason he's in jail at the moment is because he was out on bail when he hid in the embassy so he was arrested for jumping bail.

Comically, because he spent most of his isolation spouting bullshit about how it was all a ploy for the USA to extradite him (impossible as the UK had a standing extradition order from Sweden and Sweden would never have extradited him to the USA) despite the USA making no attempt too, One of the people convinced by his bullshit was Donald Trump who is now trying to have the scumbag extradited to the USA LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotuthan View Post
    Snowden is a hero and should not need a Pardon. Since it is a admission of guilt.
    I mean... He is guilty. Nobody argues that point. Even he freely admits it. He's not being falsely accused of leaking confidential information; the key point is whether or not he was right to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Because it's 1AM I accidentally clicked to pardon Assange when I meant to click Snowdon, is there any way a mod can fix that, it was a definite error I don't support rapists
    All of the rape charges were dropped. Do you also not support the notion of innocent until proven guilty?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Snowden is an idiot. Made himself a martyr for something everybody should have or already knew.
    I think you're badly misremembering the actual timeline. Now it seems entirely obvious that the NSA was doing what they were doing, but at the time that Snowden began revealing information, the official position of the United States government and the working narrative in most of society is that the things that Snowden revealed were just conspiracy theories. Hell, John Brennan kept right on lying to the Senate about what the NSA was up to after the revelations. So sure, at this point, it's common knowledge that spook agencies are surveilling all of everyone's data that they can scoop up all the time, that wasn't the case then.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I think you're badly misremembering the actual timeline. Now it seems entirely obvious that the NSA was doing what they were doing, but at the time that Snowden began revealing information, the official position of the United States government and the working narrative in most of society is that the things that Snowden revealed were just conspiracy theories. Hell, John Brennan kept right on lying to the Senate about what the NSA was up to after the revelations. So sure, at this point, it's common knowledge that spook agencies are surveilling all of everyone's data that they can scoop up all the time, that wasn't the case then.
    You think they stopped doing it since Edward Snowden? I don't. The government has always spied on its population with whatever technology was available.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    All of the rape charges were dropped. Do you also not support the notion of innocent until proven guilty?
    They were dropped due to the improbability of a conviction due to the passage of time, and yes I support the notion of innocent until proven guilty, but only for those who claim to be innocent.

Something the Assange fanboys seem to love to overlook is the fact he never denied committing the rape, his argument was that he did not consider what he did to be rape, despite it being classified as rape in the country he committed it (Sweden), and the country he is from (Australia), and the country he was arguing the point in (UK).

I'm sure that the judge and the ACLU will ensure compliance.
    Somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I consider both but It would be too easy. I think it terms of priorities on this.
    Snowden has sort of betrayed his country (here I assume he has was sworn in, not sure aboutthat), while Assange never broke any oaths. He's preferable

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Snowden has sort of betrayed his country (here I assume he has was sworn in, not sure aboutthat), while Assange never broke any oaths. He's preferable
    Assange is a useful stooge to the Russians, if he is pardoned, it will just be more evidence that Trump was working with the Russians, considering Stone's relationship with Assange and Wikileaks, and their relationship with the FSB and GRU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Assange is a useful stooge to the Russians, if he is pardoned, it will just be more evidence that Trump was working with the Russians, considering Stone's relationship with Assange and Wikileaks, and their relationship with the FSB and GRU.
    I'm not sure what you are talking about, but no, the Earth is not flat, there's no global zionist conspiracy and electric boogaloo isn't going to happen. Please keep this and other theories to yourself

I'm not sure what you are talking about, but no, the Earth is not flat, there's no global zionist conspiracy and electric boogaloo isn't going to happen. Please keep this and other theories to yourself
    So wait, you think that Wikileaks and Assange have no connection to the Russian government? Because, all of the evidence suggests they do, considering where they got the DNC and Podesta emails from. And I didn't talk about anything about what you are talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    all of the evidence suggests they do
    No, anonymous source is not an evidence. Next time an anonymous source tells you Obama was born in Kongo or Somalia or wherever but the US, Trump yelled on a hired black man, or cia did the 9/11, please ignore their nonsense

No, anonymous source is not an evidence. Next time an anonymous source tells you Obama was born in Kongo or Somalia or wherever but the US, Trump yelled on a hired black man, or cia did the 9/11, please ignore their nonsense
    It isn't an anonymous source, it is the Intelligence Community, even under Trump that said this.