Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
    Thank you very much
    Sure, also check this video
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

It looks quite awesome to be honest. The problem is I don't have money for a new monitor so I'll wait for that haha mine now is quite average, 2014 stuff

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Also dont buy the Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 for 250 bucks. Buy a crucial or something for 100 bucks.
    Nothing wrong with getting a real NVMe drive that outperforms all the others. Those ones for $100 are usually just a SATA standard m.2 and not actual NVMe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Video is fake.

Alliance doesn't win IoC anymore. :P

- - - Updated - - -

But with my selection (getting a 3080), what do you think the fps range will be with everything ultra? Using a normal screen, not 4k yet.
    Absolute overkill for WoW. Moving to my 1080 Ti from my 970 hardly changed things other than the GPU load going lower.

The real games that your GPU will matter for will be games like RPGs and FPSs, more modern games in general.

Now, when WoW gets raytracing in Shadowlands, obviously that will be more taxing... Based on screenshots though, it won't make a very big difference other than people and objects being able to have more than one shadow based on light sources. It will be a performance hit with little to notice on the screen.

Now... were you to buy this monitor:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VTTZ4TD...v_ov_lig_dp_it

And play on that...
    Then I'd say the 3080 is absolutely warranted.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I wanna have the best or at least one of the best items, so please don't recommend me average stuff.
    Its a waste of money. You will quite literally see zero benefit from the Samsung drive vs a Crucial or Kingston drive. You WILL notice that you spent 250$ for literally no reason instead of spending 100.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Still depending if you have 1080p or 1440p
    Just check out some vids that have tested things alike
    Also i have no idea how SL will do on a 3080rtx.
    But i guess on 1080p 140-170 fps and on 1440 90-140?
    Check out this comparison to the 2080ti in the first vid.
    Since WoW is still single-core CPU bound, youll still gutter below 60fps. Not frequently, but itll hapoen. There is no amount of money that can fix it. As for “average” frame rates, particularly where CPU bottlenecks arent an issue.. well over 150fps with all of the non-CPU bound settings maxed out. Draw Distance, Enviro Detail, and the 3rd setting in that group are all CPU dependent, and going from 7 to 10 will cut uour framerate in half and youll see almost zero visual fidelity increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Its a waste of money. You will quite literally see zero benefit from the Samsung drive vs a Crucial or Kingston drive. You WILL notice that you spent 250$ for literally no reason instead of spending 100.

- - - Updated - - -

Since WoW is still single-core CPU bound, youll still gutter below 60fps. Not frequently, but itll hapoen. There is no amount of money that can fix it. As for “average” frame rates, particularly where CPU bottlenecks arent an issue.. well over 150fps with all of the non-CPU bound settings maxed out. Draw Distance, Enviro Detail, and the 3rd setting in that group are all CPU dependent, and going from 7 to 10 will cut uour framerate in half and youll see almost zero visual fidelity increase.
    But with everything in ultra with my set, and using a 3080, with an i9 9700, what would you think my fps rate will be?

But with everything in ultra with my set, and using a 3080, with an i9 9700, what would you think my fps rate will be?
    99% of the time, well over 100fps, probably over 150. In non-open areas, even higher, likely. My 1080Ti gets ~200fps in enclosed areas or small areas (like WSG and the smaller BGs) at 1440p.

1% of the time, no matter what you do, itll gutter below 60fps. Usually during Raid fights when Bloodlust is popped and draw calls escalate, or in a large PvP situation where dozens of players pop up simultaneously, or where its a sustained fight with 50+ characters on the screen.

Itll recover pretty quickly, most of the time.

But itll happen. It wont matter how much money you throw at it. Its a part of the nature of a secure client server setup - the game engine has to wait for responses from the network thread (the server) before it can even begin to calculate draw calls and send them to the GPU.

You could have a 7ghz CPU under LN2 and it wont matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    99% of the time, well over 100fps, probably over 150. In non-open areas, even higher, likely. My 1080Ti gets ~200fps in enclosed areas or small areas (like WSG and the smaller BGs) at 1440p.

1% of the time, no matter what you do, itll gutter below 60fps. Usually during Raid fights when Bloodlust is popped and draw calls escalate, or in a large PvP situation where dozens of players pop up simultaneously, or where its a sustained fight with 50+ characters on the screen.

Itll recover pretty quickly, most of the time.

But itll happen. It wont matter how much money you throw at it. Its a part of the nature of a secure client server setup - the game engine has to wait for responses from the network thread (the server) before it can even begin to calculate draw calls and send them to the GPU.

You could have a 7ghz CPU under LN2 and it wont matter.
    Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You already saw the results. Nvidia used pcie3 for their demo because it did better than ryzen pcie4 setups.
    I mean Ryzen pcie4 vs Ryzen pcie3 with the same CPU and with resolutions where GPU is the bottleneck.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    I mean Ryzen pcie4 vs Ryzen pcie3 with the same CPU and with resolutions where GPU is the bottleneck.
    Not the case for 3080, might be the case for 3090 but we just dont know yet.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B