Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Shadowlands Beta forums seem oddly deserted?

I didn't purchase BfA. Been playing nonstop since day 1 of TBC but didn't play BfA. I was planning on buying Shadowlands but oddly enough it's not like it used to be its even impossible to find videos on tanking videos for Beta M plus.
    I keep checking the Beta Forums but it feels like no one is posting. I'm slightly confused as to why there are so few threads and people posting.

I'd imagine it's hard to lock down theory crafting for M+ etc when Blizzard are changing so much every week, you will see more concrete videos once it is closer to release and post release.
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    I didn't purchase BfA. Been playing nonstop since day 1 of TBC but didn't play BfA. I was planning on buying Shadowlands but oddly enough it's not like it used to be its even impossible to find videos on tanking videos for Beta M plus.
    I keep checking the Beta Forums but it feels like no one is posting. I'm slightly confused as to why there are so few threads and people posting.
    If you want flowing discussion, go to class Discords.

These forums are how to say it... depricated, since all the good people moved to class discords.

There is sure discussion going here still, but it's mostly back and forth between 2 dozen of guys with some randoms offhand commenting in-between.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilixer View Post
    I'd imagine it's hard to lock down theory crafting for M+ etc when Blizzard are changing so much every week, you will see more concrete videos once it is closer to release and post release.

There used to be constantly updated videos for tanking in every aspect. There were tons of tanking videos for BfA M plus. Go do a YouTube search there were plenty. But zero for Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    If you want flowing discussion, go to class Discords.

These forums are how to say it... depricated, since all the good people moved to class discords.

There is sure discussion going here still, but it's mostly back and forth between 2 dozen of guys with some randoms offhand commenting in-between.

Where do I find "class discords"? Never used em

10+ Year Old Account
    Where do I find "class discords"? Never used em
    https://www.wowhead.com/discord-servers

That's because this was probably the smallest beta blizzard has ever done, they basically only invite streamers anymore. Why bother inviting people to test your game when you plan on fixing it over the first 3 months anyway?
    If you ever wonder how dumb people really are then consider this: even in the golden age of smart heals dumb people still find ways to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    That's because this was probably the smallest beta blizzard has ever done, they basically only invite streamers anymore. Why bother inviting people to test your game when you plan on fixing it over the first 3 months anyway?
    That's just fake news.

Many CE players got invited including myself, heck my whole guild got invited - everyone got Beta except for one guy.

Am I the only one that finds the Beta Forums alarming? Go check the Beta GD forum, it's a Ghost town. I'm not trying to be, Chicken little but what is happening? There seems to be so few discussions on the Beta.
    I'm trying to follow the Beta but its tough for Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That's just fake news.

Many CE players got invited including myself, heck my whole guild got invited - everyone got Beta except for one guy.
    Confirmation Bias. Blizzard has been very stingy with invites this time around you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that they want quicker turn around on development times. This is the shortest beta cycle they've ever had.
    If you ever wonder how dumb people really are then consider this: even in the golden age of smart heals dumb people still find ways to die.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I had to guess, I’d say it’s some or all of the factors:

People like it, so there’s less to talk about.
    We are close to the launch, so maybe a lot of folks have stopped testing.
    There may be a sense of “asked and answered” that doesn’t promote more conversation.
    Perhaps there are just not enough people in beta to get a lot of forum talk going.

Overall I’m not concerned. Worst case scenario, WoW stops due to lack of players? I personally can’t do anything about it so for me there is no sense in worrying. I’m not saying I’d be happy, but worrying won’t help, so I don’t.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

You can only shout into the abyss for so long before you just give up and move on lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    You can only shout into the abyss for so long before you just give up and move on lol.
    yeah thats actually it. I got beta access but I am so burned out from the last Betas that its really hard to care and give feedback.
    In addition to that every session that I played was riddled with bugs, like 30 minutes play time, 30 minutes bug reporting.
    Got tiresome after a while, but I will try to do some more testing and give feedback this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Confirmation Bias. Blizzard has been very stingy with invites this time around you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that they want quicker turn around on development times. This is the shortest beta cycle they've ever had.
    Or actual testing then people who just want previews.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Almost every guild member and almost my entire friends list has received beta invites. Many first time in beta

Do they log on the beta anymore? Not really, testing new builds is horrible when it's not easy to swap between covenants without jumping through hoops so many just stopped caring and there's a weekly limit on the number of times you can swap conduits. No one can be fucked unlocking additional soulbinds. Why they are not fully unlocked to test, I'll never know

Many people i know who have beta access havnt touched the beta. All of them say the same thing "i dont want to burn out before the expansions even out". Although this might be frustrating for some with no access, i have had beta access for every expansion for years, and hardly touched it. I have offered some feedback on systems etc, but have done zero bug hunting / reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Almost every guild member and almost my entire friends list has received beta invites. Many first time in beta

Do they log on the beta anymore? Not really, testing new builds is horrible when it's not easy to swap between covenants without jumping through hoops so many just stopped caring and there's a weekly limit on the number of times you can swap conduits. No one can be fucked unlocking additional soulbinds. Why they are not fully unlocked to test, I'll never know

That's actually horrifying news. Azerite armor 2.0 incoming?

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post

Here's a hint. Maybe they are testing the process to unlock or change as it is probably the most contentious issue of the beta. There's a new thread in this every other day. Imagine how many there are on the official forums with people who actually play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Yeppers because it is a repeat of BFA beta where not enough people were invited along with a shortened time table for release. Expansion should be coming out in Nov/Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Here's a hint. Maybe they are testing the process to unlock or change as it is probably the most contentious issue of the beta. There's a new thread in this every other day. Imagine how many there are on the official forums with people who actually play the game.
    Still doesn't explain why you have to do the campaigns in order to unlock 2/3 soulbinds.

Makes little sense from a testing and tuning standpoint to have 2/3 of the soulbinds locked away behind hours of gameplay that people should otherwise be dedicating to, you know, testing the spec changes they keep making.