Thread: No classic+?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If what they've said for years is true, BC is less of a problem than vanilla was. There will be much less that they have to piece together. On top of that they've learned a lot doing Classic with respect to changing require data structures, etc. so all of that knowledge will be applicable where necessary with BC. BC really should be much less of a lift. I'm sure it will require some stuff to be done but it won't be anything like what they needed to build to make Classic work on their current infrastructure.
    The fact they have every single patch starting with TBC will make their lives much easier for sure. Most of the work is done outside of some possible bugs/exploits and figuring out how they want to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    Sure. The only sensible option. It's still the boring one. Many sensible options are boring. I want more excitement out of it.
    Would you honestly trust the clowns in charge of WoW now to create good content with the garbage they've been releasing for years? I'd rather take a guaranteed success with TBC rather than roll the dice and be stuck with a joke of a game any day, tbh.

So you want Classic but with something resembling balance, spec viability, new raids, dungeons and pvp systems?

Of course it is going to happen - sooner than expected.

It is called Burning Crusade Classic

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Would you honestly trust the clowns in charge of WoW now to create good content with the garbage they've been releasing for years? I'd rather take a guaranteed success with TBC rather than roll the dice and be stuck with a joke of a game any day, tbh.
    It's a bigger risk ye.
    I'd like to see a different direction to take WoW to, that could be played for the next 10+ years. TBC will be fun for a while too of course but can't see it continue past 2-3 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    It's a bigger risk ye.
    I'd like to see a different direction to take WoW to, that could be played for the next 10+ years. TBC will be fun for a while too of course but can't see it continue past 2-3 years.
    I'd say 2 years, yeah. After that they'd just go onto Wrath you'd have to say After Wrath is where things would start to get interesting.

Holy shit people are in denial. Classic+ won't happen, just give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Holy shit people are in denial. Classic+ won't happen, just give it a rest.
    Yeah. It was a nice idea. It never had a chance of happening though. TBC classic was always going to happen if Vanilla was popular enough. It doesn't really make sense for Bliz to create any new content at lest through WoTLK.

Now if Classic WoW goes on long enough to get to the end of WotLK it will be interesting to see what they do. Do servers just go into maintenance? do they wipe everything and start over in classic again? do they do Cataclysm? or would this be a good time to seriously look into classic+?

You are assuming that Classic, BC Classic and WotlK Classic would not exist simultaneously. The most probable way Blizzard would handle this is by creating the three types of servers with allowed transfers from previous classics. Probably after a decade there will be a server per classic but they will still exist. Classic + will never happen, they could just make WoW 2 by the time three classics are done.

The only reason Classic even exist in an investment viewpoint is that it is so cheap to maintain compared to retail where you need expensive new content and development time.

And the only reason Blizzard said only "it is not going to happen" is that it will be bad for business for them to ask "Are you retarded?"

Quote Originally Posted by oblakoff View Post
    You are assuming that Classic, BC Classic and WotlK Classic would not exist simultaneously. The most probable way Blizzard would handle this is by creating the three types of servers with allowed transfers from previous classics. Probably after a decade there will be a server per classic but they will still exist. Classic + will never happen, they could just make WoW 2 by the time three classics are done.

The only reason Classic even exist in an investment viewpoint is that it is so cheap to maintain compared to retail where you need expensive new content and development time.

And the only reason Blizzard said only "it is not going to happen" is that it will be bad for business for them to ask "Are you retarded?"
    They might exist simultaneously for a while, but the playerbase will just dry out eventually with no new content.

I fully expect at least one server per classic version to exist for a long, long time. The longevity of private servers for these three expansions proves it.

Quote Originally Posted by oblakoff View Post
    I fully expect at least one server per classic version to exist for a long, long time. The longevity of private servers for these three expansions proves it.
    No it doesn't, because the official servers require actual paying subscribers.

There would be no Classic+ because it's not worth to develop new content for it from scratch, and most things that were still in various states of being unfinished in "Vanilla" later appeared in the expansions.

People wanted classic, they got classic.
    No remaster will make classic a good game in 2020 unless you change everything, then it wouldn't be classic anymore.

Classic is not even the "real" experience from vanilla. It's completely different, it was the birth of modern mmorpgs. I did enjoy vanilla a lot, but I just can't play classic in 2020, it's NOT FUN anymore, I'm not a 16 yo with a 2005- gaming experience anymore

Everyone interested in classic, is playing or has played it. People like me who don't care, simple passed their turn. I'm not really a fan of mmorpg retrogaming
    Classic is impossible to balance because most offspecs are broken. BC is vanilla+ (most specs are viable in raids, most annoying things are fixed, while still being an extension without LFG/LFR and only one raid difficulty - and damnit, 25m raids are a lot better than 40-m)
    Last edited by vashe9; 2020-09-23 at 08:20 AM.