Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Now that The Illidari are part of The Alliance and Horde, I don't see why they can't train the races they are allied with who desire to become Demon Hunters. Just no DH Gnomes please.
    There's no need to become "demon hunters" because there are "no more demons to hunt", so to speak. Yes, some demons still exist on Azeroth, but the Demon Hunters were an extreme measure to combat an extreme situation: i.e. the Burning Legion. Which is basically no more. At least, no more a cosmic threat.

"But they could want to become DHs to protect Azeroth!!" Again, no. First, because the process of becoming a demon hunter is extremely scarring to both the mind and the body. You willingly blind yourself. You willingly consume a demon, taking his soul into your body, which mutates you into an abomination (in the eyes of others) and dooms you to spend the rest of your life fighting for control over your own body, being constantly tortured by the demon within.

There is absolutely no valid reason one would want to severely scar themselves like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    don't remember him being that much racist to a point to not train other things, especially when he had some humans in his harem and considered other races ilidari.

it is clearly a dev game decision, and they not opening to other races by now too.
    One: having humans in the harem does not mean he had any respect for the humans. In fact, having human in the harem denotes a low opinion of humans.
    Two: it has never been proven that the harem within the Black Temple instance is Illidan's. It could very well belong to the Blood Elf council.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    ARe you in favour of maintaining the status quo, lifting all restrictions ? or relaxing some where appropriate with good lore/fitting lore adaptations where necessary?
    I don't mind opening more race/class combos, but I at least ask there they should make sense from a story and logic perspective. Like draenei warlocks and demon hunters, for example, shouldn't be a thing. At least in my opinion.

We have new Death Knights without Arthas, we can have new Demon Hunters without Illidan.

Orc and Draenei would be perfect for this, and I'd love to see their take on demon forms. We already know how some would look like when embracing the fel, now it just needs to be applied with the blindfolds and warglaives.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the illidari are their own faction and they said that one day they would take back the black temple as their home
    Oh... so my Alliance DH is Alliance-aligned in-game only? Not trolling, it's a serious question. I thought they had formally joined either Faction like Knights of The Ebon Blade had.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I don't mind opening more race/class combos, but I at least ask there they should make sense from a story and logic perspective. Like draenei warlocks and demon hunters, for example, shouldn't be a thing. At least in my opinion.
    You mean like the one I did here:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52635243

The aim was to allow access in a way that made sense from a story and logical perspective. If you enjoy the read, let me know.

Oh... so my Alliance DH is Alliance-aligned in-game only? Not trolling, it's a serious question. I thought they had formally joined either Faction like Knights of The Ebon Blade had.
    the illidari are allies of the horde and the alliance as an independent faction in the lore

the illidari are allies of the horde and the alliance as an independent faction in the lore
    So not like The Ebon Blade and Kirin Tor, but a looser alliance like we help only if it's Legion-related stuff, with your faction war politics you can fuck off? Then playable DH's are doing their respective factions' work in-game only and in-lore Demon Hunters were really part of saving Azeroth from N'zoth?

You mean like the one I did here:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52635243

The aim was to allow access in a way that made sense from a story and logical perspective. If you enjoy the read, let me know.
    I gave it a read, and I'll respond in that thread about it.

So not like The Ebon Blade and Kirin Tor, but a looser alliance like we help only if it's Legion-related stuff, with your faction war politics you can fuck off? Then playable DH's are doing their respective factions' work in-game only and in-lore Demon Hunters were really part of saving Azeroth from N'zoth?
    You don't see any illidari in BFA, right? their future plans according to what was said in legion was to retake black temple

You don't see any illidari in BFA, right? their future plans according to what was said in legion was to retake black temple
    None except player characters and yeah, I know player characters don't represent lore as much as Blizzard has tried to convince us they do (Tirion and 10 nameless adventurers defeated The Lich King for example, not Fury Warrior Testacleeze, Warlock Kyphael, etc..) Cool, I hope they turn Black Temple into their base of operations.

I don't know how this thread turned into more druid options for Elves and shamans being playable for Elves aswell,but god damn, I don't need more elf representation and the last thing I need is for Elves to take over shamanism aswell. Vulpera were already bad enough.

I think that a blademaster with the same abilities would work aswell considering that Draenei and Orcs had both blademasters. (Although FUCK Blizzard for taking the iconic blademaster role from Orcs and giving it to the Draenei)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even maybe squeeze in Nightborne druid valewalkers or Night elf shaman

- - - Updated - - -

But weren't all who turned to fel corrupted, becoming evil? The elves pulled through because they seemed to have this intense resolve to avenge their losses on the demons and a great drive to protect their world - all the other races chose other options, those who touched fel succumbed to it's temptations. I also think the elves natural affinity with magic aided in this resilience too, we see the smae repeated with the void, were elves again (shen'drlaar according to Wrathion ) and void elves seem to have explored the void and in the latter, handle it beyond resorting to spiritual means to access, and not succumbing to it. Although it's perfect for a horror story of the over ambitious scientist that played with malevolent strange evil power but in his hubris ignored every warning and promintion, only to have it eventually devour them all mwuhah.

But in Warcraft there are some good survivors of evil powers. Dks were the first, or technically DHs were the first through Illidan, and void elves the latest
    Turok Bloodtotem and his clansmen were bad before the fel...there were plenty of erader who knew what they were doing despite of the fel influence and there were orcs who had control of their actions throughout the bloodhaze and didn't even think twice after it was lifted. It's boils down to willpower and resolve.

None except player characters and yeah, I know player characters don't represent lore as much as Blizzard has tried to convince us they do (Tirion and 10 nameless adventurers defeated The Lich King for example, not Fury Warrior Testacleeze, Warlock Kyphael, etc..) Cool, I hope they turn Black Temple into their base of operations.
    Actually there is ONE illidari in BFA. Sometimes Marius and his pet warlock show up in Zul'dazar to fight renegade demons hiding out on Zandalar but yeah the two of them seem like they don't give a rats ass about any faction war. They're only concerned with mopping up after the legion invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaelyn View Post
    Actually there is ONE illidari in BFA. Sometimes Marius and his pet warlock show up in Zul'dazar to fight renegade demons hiding out on Zandalar but yeah the two of them seem like they don't give a rats ass about any faction war. They're only concerned with mopping up after the legion invasion.
    Makes sense, Demon Hunters are too badass to commit. They're like the Phoenix Ikki of Warcraft. Lone wolves. Show up to shove a glaive up someone's ass when shit gets serious, not for petty Alliance/Horde squabbles.

7+ Year Old Account
    There's no need to become "demon hunters" because there are "no more demons to hunt", so to speak. Yes, some demons still exist on Azeroth,
    you literally refute yourself in the very first sentence

"But they could want to become DHs to protect Azeroth!!" Again, no.
    no? who is to decide? you? you don't have a say in the races and individuals affairs, they can do the fuck they want, even going beyond their limits in search of power and vengeance

you still have a very little mindset about this
    One: having humans in the harem does not mean he had any respect for the humans. In fact, having human in the harem denotes a low opinion of humans.
    thats how you view then, they don't seem to be slaves or any thing like that
    Two: it has never been proven that the harem within the Black Temple instance is Illidan's. It could very well belong to the Blood Elf council.
    sure, his temple, his order, everything belong to him, but the harem belonged to the blood elf council, make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    I don't know how this thread turned into more druid options for Elves and shamans being playable for Elves aswell,but god damn, I don't need more elf representation and the last thing I need is for Elves to take over shamanism aswell. Vulpera were already bad enough.

I think that a blademaster with the same abilities would work aswell considering that Draenei and Orcs had both blademasters. (Although FUCK Blizzard for taking the iconic blademaster role from Orcs and giving it to the Draenei)
    elf players like to bend anything to be about then, they want all the options possible, its nauseating

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Illidan specifically said he didn't want to, though. Unsure if it was a racist thing, or perhaps something that only Elves can do - the only way to discover that would be for a non-Elven individual to enact the ritual and see if they came out as a Demon Hunter.
    I personally think Orcs and Draenei had the most motivation to be Demon Hunters. The Legion hurt them most of all. I don't think the argument for Illidan being racist really holds up anymore because we know he trained Murlocs (at least two named), and in Hearthstone Observers as well. And if we're going by the logic that Illidan didn't have to be the one to train them we can just assume any race could take up the training themselves once the knowledge was out there, which we know was spread across Azeroth to practically the opposite side of the world with the teachings making their way all the way from the Blasted Lands to Darkshore. And even if Illidan was still just selective to Murlocs, that hardly means the rest of those who he taught wouldn't take it upon themselves to teach others if it meant the Legion's destruction. I'm not sure all of their fealty to Illidan is always dominant to their motivations to destroying the Legion, as we see in the Demon Hunter starting zone often conflicts of idealism arise and defect from Illidan over issues of ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you literally refute yourself in the very first sentence
    Quote-mine me, why don't you? You completely removed the rest of the paragraph that explains everything.

no? who is to decide? you? you don't have a say in the races and individuals affairs, they can do the fuck they want, even going beyond their limits in search of power and vengeance
    Quote-mine me again, why don't you? You, again, completely erased the entire explanation as to why people "wanting to be DHs" is unfeasible and would not happen.

thats how you view then, they don't seem to be slaves or any thing like that
    Funny because I never even mentioned the word "slaves". Try again.

sure, his temple, his order, everything belong to him, but the harem belonged to the blood elf council, make sense.
    I live in an apartment. Does everything I own now belong to the owner of the building when I moved into the apartment? No, it does not. You're asserting your opinion as fact. Nowhere whatsoever it is stated that it is Illidan's harem, and I've already pointed out the evidence that it may belong to the blood elf council, or even to Mother Shahraz.

And being "in Illidan's temple" means absolutely nothing.

Stop spouting opinions as fact.

There's no need to become "demon hunters" because there are "no more demons to hunt", so to speak. Yes, some demons still exist on Azeroth, but the Demon Hunters were an extreme measure to combat an extreme situation: i.e. the Burning Legion. Which is basically no more. At least, no more a cosmic threat.

"But they could want to become DHs to protect Azeroth!!" Again, no. First, because the process of becoming a demon hunter is extremely scarring to both the mind and the body. You willingly blind yourself. You willingly consume a demon, taking his soul into your body, which mutates you into an abomination (in the eyes of others) and dooms you to spend the rest of your life fighting for control over your own body, being constantly tortured by the demon within.

There is absolutely no valid reason one would want to severely scar themselves like this.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

If I misunderstand, the harem belonged to the blood elves who were soldiers of Illidan and not of Illidan himself

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Do you think Illidan would have trained Orc and Draenei demon hunters? You wouldn't see much Draenei but the Orcs were the bulk of his army. Although I could see Illidan only having Elves close in his headquarters. As the other races were mainly guarding the lower levels
    Having Draenei DHs right from the start would have made a lot of sense. Orcs on the other hand were just a tool for Illidan, even more than normal.

If I misunderstand, the harem belonged to the blood elves who were soldiers of Illidan and not of Illidan himself
    And that is one possibility, one hypothesis I'm offering, but Syegfryed is being illogical by going "they're in Illidan's temple therefore they're Illidan's."

And that is one possibility, one hypothesis I'm offering, but Syegfryed is being illogical by going "they're in Illidan's temple therefore they're Illidan's."
    I'm sure a blizzard writer said that that whole section of the temple was for the illidari blood elves soldiers.