Newcomer Mentor System?

It says that your account needs to be in good standing? I initially read this as "no current penalties" but I am now starting to read this as "never had a penalty". Does anyone know what they mean by "good standing"? Does it mean just the license or does it mean the entire Bnet account?

My current license was created in late Vanilla, I have been around the block a time or two and served several penalties along the way. I want to push for mentor as I have played the game for 15 years and love helping people but I am not sure if grinding 3000 quests (currently at like 1800 or so on my highest character) is worth the risk only to be told that I am ineligible due to having a past penalty or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    It’s a good question, and I’m not sure if they’ve given a specific answer. I still need to kill Carapace of N’Zoth to be eligible
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Good standing tends to be no infractions over the past 6 months, no? Fortunately, I've not had a mark against my account in 14 years so I'll be opting in day one

But yeah, it'd be good to get some clarity on this.

Out of curiosity where did you see this? I haven't seen anything about it, but would like to look into it some more.

Edit: I'm dumb and it's under the /new in the blog yesterday. I saw new and skipped over it thinking it was for new players / new player scenario.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2020-09-23 at 01:06 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to join out of sheer curiosity. I just really want to know if the chat channel becomes another valuable source of boost spam...

For those wondering about an account in good standing I can provide a first hand explanation.

I had to contact customer support in cata because I couldn't figure out why I didn't quality for the free copy of diablo 3 with a six month subscription. It turns out someone I paid to get a recruit a friend reward charged back the account and got banned. I was able to get it cleared but all actions on a game last six months after the amount of time a license is suspended.

Oddly enough infractions are on an game license level not the entire account. For example if you are perma banned from the official wow forums it has no barring on your actual game account. This might not hold true for extreme offenses but for your run of the mill infractions (language, cheating, botting) this holds true.

I hope that helps clear it up a little.