Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ygg View Post
    For the love of god, please dont spend this much money on a wow mount.
    This.

BUT

If you still intend to go through with this OP, you can feel free to give me your ccard number and I'll gladly assist

Eh... if someone else trades you millions of gold, there is a good chance your account get suspended. Worst case scenario you could get banned for real money trading.

That being said: ive traded quite a bit of gold with ingame friends ( thats i also have had as battlenet friends for awhile) for years. No issues. We always write something in a /w to eachother what the gold was for aswell, each time.

Hmm... there is always a risk i suppose... you cant really trust anyone.. the other guy could be a lier...cheater... goldbuying from someone else... then lends you that gold.. if you want to be 100% certain = start another battlenet account, add 1 account to it and buy 20 wow tokens from that.
    Last edited by gamerboymmo; 2020-09-17 at 12:12 AM.

It would violate the ToS, but not enough to where you'll get banned or in trouble for it. If anything you made the mistake of making a thread about this on the off chance that a Blizzard employee reads it and is now aware of it. Yeah, they would've detected the large sum of gold being transfered but they'd raise an eyebrow and then forget about it because there wouldn't be anything suspicious about it as it would be a one time thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Yeah...because Blizzard totally wouldn't get upset about someone circumventing a system they put in. I think you just want someone to get banned and laugh when they come back and complain
    Go get some sun. The air won't hurt you. You don't have to be scared of everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    Go get some sun. The air won't hurt you. You don't have to be scared of everything.
    Kudos on the deflection!

People were getting banned for using breast mods and other minor things but Blizzard totally wont get mad at you for circumventing systems that involve money!

Kudos on the deflection!

People were getting banned for using breast mods and other minor things but Blizzard totally wont get mad at you for circumventing systems that involve money!
    One example involved modifying game files (if im not mistaken), which is expressly against the tos. The other example being discussed doesnt appear to be against the tos, and probably the most important part, Blizzard still get paid. Large xfers of gold do tend to trigger interest from Blizzard, but im not convinced they would really action anything.

Im well aware Blizzard dont NEED a reason to suspend an account, but there are not a lot of examples of people being suspended / banned for actions NOT against the TOS. False flagging for botting or account sharing seem to be the most common ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    One example involved modifying game files (if im not mistaken), which is expressly against the tos. The other example being discussed doesnt appear to be against the tos, and probably the most important part, Blizzard still get paid. Large xfers of gold do tend to trigger interest from Blizzard, but im not convinced they would really action anything.

Im well aware Blizzard dont NEED a reason to suspend an account, but there are not a lot of examples of people being suspended / banned for actions NOT against the TOS. False flagging for botting or account sharing seem to be the most common ones.
    Yes...because circumventing rules Blizzard put in isn't against the TOS at all?

There are reasons why they put the limitations in...if you try and circumvent them and they catch you, can honestly say they will do nothing?

It's not worth the risk IMO, who needs a mobile AH anyways unless you're a AH mogul who does a lot of farming and selling? Obviously the OP isn't if he is resorting to making the 5 million gold by using cash to convert to gold. Just isn't worth the risk in my opinion.

They probably put this rule in to be careful...so people don't go blowing thousands of dollars in one day for some reason or another to cover their own asses...so someone doesn't have buyers remorse and try and sue them for their money back, if it's a chronic action that they do over and over then complain there is easily no case.

There are reasons why they put the limitations in...if you try and circumvent them and they catch you, can honestly say they will do nothing?

It's not worth the risk IMO, who needs a mobile AH anyways unless you're a AH mogul who does a lot of farming and selling? Obviously the OP isn't if he is resorting to making the 5 million gold by using cash to convert to gold. Just isn't worth the risk in my opinion.

They probably put this rule in to be careful...so people don't go blowing thousands of dollars in one day for some reason or another to cover their own asses...so someone doesn't have buyers remorse and try and sue them for their money back, if it's a chronic action that they do over and over then complain there is easily no case.
    To be clear - Gifting wow gametime or blizz balance is perfectly acceptable, so im not sure why this wouldnt be?

Kudos on the deflection!

Lets see replacing in game files when they are scanned for modifications.... vs giving blizzard more money for gold by letting your friend use a card.

Your the wow equivalent of someone who thinks the flu shot has a microchip.

There is no deflection. Not even a reason to argue such a brain dead idea. (Sorry if you got banned fapping to your wow characters.)

I wouldn't stress over this by any means. Regardless of whether the huge exchange among you and your companion banners you, and regardless of whether they examine it to the point of seeing that a similar Mastercard was utilized to purchase the gold, and even in the incredibly improbable case that they at that point choose to make a move against you. At most anticipate an admonition yet don't stress they won't do that. Presently in the event that you have been restricted from botting previously, or your record is continually announced and cautioned/trained for poisonousness, or something comparable, at that point yes I wouldn't do this on the grounds that these things include and stand out enough to be noticed. However, even for this situation, I would contend that you should at present take the plunge on the off chance that you need that amount in light of the fact that a boycott is little and impermanent yet the mount will be gone until the end of time.
    Last edited by rupeshoo7; 2020-09-19 at 05:34 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not circumventing any rule. It's circumventing a limitation/restriction that is applicable to accounts by using multiple accounts.

I would say that depends on two things:
    1) The reasons for the limitations;
    2) The method used to circumvent them.

Unless what he is doing is somehow going to cause a problem for Blizzard or the game (and I see no reason why it should) and he is breaking some rule in the process, I don't foresee any real risk to this.

The question here isn't whether it's worth risk, it's what the risk is.

If I was to hazard a guess I would say that it's to stop the abuse of the system for the purposes of facilitating goldseller activities and for preventing people from being able to manipulate the token price. Also, this limitation was put in place before the Long Boi issue existed, so it likely comes from a place where there was unlikely to be any legitimate need for such large quantities of gold from cash.