Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find all modern TV and movies complete trash. Anything made after 2016 always turns out to be a steaming pile of shit full of SJW pandering and a complete lack of artistic vision. TV and movies have become 100% rehashed stories, tropes, and literal franchises with no originality or imagination. Everything is a complete copy paste.

If I am not playing a video game which at least provides me with mental stimulation, I am now forced to sit in silence because Hollywood is completely dead. Anyone who defends this modern garbage is a sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Yeah...sold out theaters that are half empty..."persuading" review sites like rotten tomatoes to change and edit reviews to delete unfavorable ones but leaving painfully obvious favorable bot reviews. Claiming posts that say they don't want to see the movies were "negative reviews" before the movie launched
    Please don't push the "half empty theaters" conspriacy theory.

They only really went hard after Spideramn after announcing CM 2...but I'm sure you think that is just a "coincidence" and I'm sure you think it was only just a "coincidence" that they didn't officially announce a plan for CM 2 till after they came to a deal with Sony...that Marvel had years of movies and shows planned and yet their sequel to one of their biggest solo movies that they planned to work on even before a lot of that other stuff was announced just happened to be left out.
    They went hard for Spider-Man as soon as it became an option.

That the character that they originally portrayed as to be the next leader of the Avengers was left out of this roster
    They never protrayed Captain Marvel as the next Leader of the Avengers. It's pretty obvious they are pitching Sam Wilson as the next leader

All of these plans and no room for Captain Marvel? They were obviously hesitant...but I'm sure you think it is all just one big "coincidence"
    Yeah...that's a pretty packed schedule for a 2 year window. You'll also notice that there is "no room" on that schedule for X-men, FF, Blade, GotG3, Black Panther (pre-death of Chadwick Boseman) etc either. Are they also "hesitant" with all those as well?
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-10-04 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    I find all modern TV and movies complete trash. Anything made after 2016 always turns out to be a steaming pile of shit full of SJW pandering and a complete lack of artistic vision. TV and movies have become 100% rehashed stories, tropes, and literal franchises with no originality or imagination. Everything is a complete copy paste.

If I am not playing a video game which at least provides me with mental stimulation, I am now forced to sit in silence because Hollywood is completely dead. Anyone who defends this modern garbage is a sheep.
    Can you break down his this applies to Chernobyl?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    -My favorite horror movie franchise is "Jeepers Creepers", I liked the third one, and I don't give a crap about the directors f*d up past.
    The first one had me up until the reveal of the supernatural. Up to that point I thought it was fantastic. The rest wasn't bad, I just liked the idea of accidentally stumbling onto something you weren't meant to then running for your life. It could actually happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ross and Rachel are terrible people and deserve every ounce of misery they heap upon each other. Emma should murder them in their sleep.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Everything post Nemsis and Voyager is not Star Trek and I will never consider it to be Star Trek canon.

15+ Year Old Account
    - I'm not a hardcore Star Trek fan, so I enjoyed Discovery and JJ Abrams' version.

- The entirety of the Dragonball franchise starting with Z, GT, and Super is awful as far as anime goes. Yu Yu Hakusho was better. Hell, even Naruto was better at some point.

- TV doesn't rot your brain, but it certainly lowered standards for good storytelling with network TV.

- Star Wars wasn't ruined by the prequels, or by the sequels' existence. It was ruined by poor leadership having no solid plan.

- BvS and Justice League weren't bad because they were dark, or edgy, or whatever else people like to say. They were poorly made because the people in charge failed to write good stories for characters they didn't really understand.

- Marvel movies needed a break. Much like the Assassin's Creed franchise between 2015 and 2017, we needed time to not have them around in order to appreciate them in hindsight.

- Black Panther's T'Challa should be recast. The main role was excellently portrayed by Chadwick Boseman, and it should be quite some time before we see him again, but the character should live on. Shuri hasn't earned the title just yet. She needs a crucible first, and I want to see T'Challa become the King of the Dead.

While I thought the romance angle poorly written in the Hobbit movies, I did see "Tauriel" as a good addition.

7+ Year Old Account
    Starting to think my dislike/disdain for super hero movies isn't quite so unpopular.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    While I thought the romance angle poorly written in the Hobbit movies, I did see "Tauriel" as a good addition.
    I'm not a fan of changes to the original story, but.... I liked that addition as well.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Starting to think my dislike/disdain for super hero movies isn't quite so unpopular.
    It's over-saturation, and the eventual boredom caused by that. A lot of them aren't very good, either.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relikk View Post
    It's over-saturation, and the eventual boredom caused by that. A lot of them aren't very good, either.
    *nods*
    {10char)

Emily was 100% right in her approach on Friends after Ross said Rachel's name at the wedding

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    Emily was 100% right in her approach on Friends after Ross said Rachel's name at the wedding
    Oh man, is this controversial? She was more than patient with the dude, that's like, "dump you at the altar" bad.

The British version on a tv show, original or not, is not always better.