Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard died with Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Game design is not a democracy and that is a good thing.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    Single player games are dogshit. Witcher, Control, Become human, Sekirou...

All same, with different names and character models.
    Picking four completely different games is... a strategy when arguing all single players are the same. I wouldn't say it's a particularly effective one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    No, it is an opinion. :P
    The correct one in this case. The others are pure sin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I admittedly haven't played CTR in a long time, but I will admit they get a +1 for having a crate as a playable driver.
    I must say, I didn't even remember that one. So that means CTR's superiority is even greater than I gave it credit for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I must say, I didn't even remember that one. So that means CTR's superiority is even greater than I gave it credit for.
    It might have been part of the remake only, but still worth a point. It's just the crates around the stages, like the checkpoint crate, or TNT crate, etc.

Better than adding "It's Peach, but GOLLLLDDD" by far.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Final Fantasy 7 is overrated.

6 is a superior game.
    Haven't played 6, But I actually agree as much as I love FF7, it's overrated.

Superman 64 is actually a decently enjoyable game. Or so I remember it as I sank far to many hours into flying through the rings as a kid and enjoying it.

Granted, havn't dared to reply it eversince, it would probably ruin my youthmemories of enjoying that game.

5+ Year Old Account
    I didn't play FF7 till after I played the Remake. Sorry, I know it's a crime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    Superman 64 is actually a decently enjoyable game. Or so I remember it as I sank far to many hours into flying through the rings as a kid and enjoying it.

Granted, havn't dared to reply it eversince, it would probably ruin my youthmemories of enjoying that game.
    I really wish there was another superman game out there. I mean we have batman games. Wheres the rest of the Justice League? I'd love an open world The Flash game.

I don't like Witcher 3. Tried it twice, played 8-9 hours each time, but I just don't care about the characters at all. This game is not for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdalas View Post
    I never see this one posted anywhere so I feel like I'm in the minority..

The Assassin's Creed games (1 & 2 at least) had the best horse riding controls of any game I'd played - not including RDR2, as it wasn't out when I played them.
    Maybe 1 and 2 but not Origins or Odyssey. Damn horse can't figure out how to climb a 1 foot rock.
    Putin khuliyo

Legion was absolute garbage and WoD was much better. WoD being abandoned meant Legion got much worse due to major changes to gameplay and general design. Also, Cata is one of the best expansions and MoP was boring. Shadowlands will prob suck big time, but not due to imbalanced specs. The design of WoW post-WoD means it will probably never be good again.

Skyrim is trash compared to Oblivion and is okay at best.

Banjo Tooie is much better than Kazooie

GTA games aren't good or fun

Zelda 2 is the best game on the NES and is probably the best 2D Zelda. Majora's Mask is pretty overrated. Not bad though.

Last good Mario game was Galaxy 2

Hearthstone is garbage

Never liked Mass Effect enough to bother playing the sequels, same with Dragon Age: Origins.

The Mario RPG games (SMRPG, Paper Mario 1 & 2) are much better than the regular Mario "platformer" games. Shame they refuse to do more.

Quote Originally Posted by Baza View Post
    I don't like Witcher 3. Tried it twice, played 8-9 hours each time, but I just don't care about the characters at all. This game is not for me.
    Totally agree. I made it like 2 hours in and requested a refund. I don’t feel like I should have to play a game that long with it just being boring. People were like oh you gotta get like 10 hours in. Sorry that’s just bad

For me it was Divinty Original Sin. By all accounts I should like this game but I’ve tried it a couple times and it just feels clunky and slow. Couldn’t get more than an hour in without being bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Clearly we're thinking of different "originals" then, I'm talking Majora's Mask/Ocarina of Time.

Correct. I've never owned an NES or seen one out of pictures. Heck the only time I even played OoT was on an adaptation for a later console. Xbox I think.

I got to the first boss where you had to aim your bow at its eye and died multiple times because half inverted bow controls are satanic and it, being an old game, had no option to customize said controls.
    OMG, Ocarina of Time only came out like 5 years ago... what do you mean 22 years... damn kids get off my lawn... and play some real games like Link to the Past (the best Zelda game ever).

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Pandering directly to 'shippers' is one of the worst things any writer can do.
    Pandering in any context is bad... not sure if that's unpopular or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    - Mass Effect Andromeda was good and unfairly dogpiled on
    ME:A had so much potential. I was pissed off they canceled the DLC. The game had its share of problems but a few good DLCs could have potentially fixed it.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Ooooh boy, now this thread is my jam. I'll try to be more positive than negative, but even so: braces yeselves, heathens, and hearken the truth of things;

Witcher 3 is a great, sometimes dipping to good game. It is not God's very own, perfect gift to gamers. Similarly, I expect Cyberpunk to be a great, but hardly perfect game.

The Darksiders series is pretty good. I like it, so there.

WoW is a good game that offers absolutely unmatched large-scale PvE experiences even if its questing experience and PvP are absolutely atrocious.

Dark Souls is good as a basis, but is inferior to DS2, DS3 (especially), Bloodborne and Sekiro (very much especially). Also fewer games should copy Dark Souls, not more.

Hollow Knight is the best Metroidvania game ever made.

Fallout New Vegas is the best in the series, bar none.

Mass Effect Andromeda was a good, albeit obviously not great game.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is the only actual good game in the entire Metal Gear franchise.

Indie games often overuse meta commentary. Yes, it was cool in Undertale to a degree. No, that doesn't mean copying it makes your game good.

Purely in terms of moment to moment gameplay, Doom Eternal is the best game ever made.

Think that's enough for today.
    Dont make me hit you

Also FF9 was the best PS1 era FF game

ME:A deserved a sequel to at least see if it could build upon the great potential world building they were forming by the end of the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Diablo 3 is better than both PoE and D2.

BFA had the best story and the worst gameplay of all expansions.
    Man, this is so true a statement!

I don't think Blizzard is a good video game company at this point. I wouldn't call them bad either, about in the middle if I were to rate all companies. I would go as far as to call them Godlike when we were in 1995-2008, this is where they were a shiny example of how a video game company should be handling their games. Back then they had their ''its done when its done'' motto and not ''lets just rush it out for some shinier quarterly reports'' which is what happened to games like WC3:R and it will happen to Shadowlands. The developers seemed way more passionate about their games, they were nerds making games for other nerds and gave them exactly what they wanted. They never even made a bad game because all of their projects which didn't meet their standards got axed quickly. And if they wanted to polish their games more like redoing WC3 and delaying TBC they did so to make them better.

It all went downhill when they merged with Activision. Their games declined in quality but they were still decent at least. It went really bad when J. Allen Brack took over as president and this is where Blizzard really started to go off the rails. So many controversies, milking their current playerbases shamelessly, ruining and abandoning their franchises, shoving down SJW agendas, barely any new games to look forward to with only Shadowlands in more than a month. Even Shadowlands seems like the smallest expansions we've gotten yet. Starcraft is abandoned, Diablo is on life support, HotS is close to dead, Hearthstone is in a huge decline (doesn't help that so many of their streamers are moving on), not sure what to say about Overwatch as I don't keep track of it. The one good thing they released under Bracks command is WoW: Classic which does have a few issues but it ended up being good enough to be a huge succes.

WoD was the best WoW expansion thematically and class design wise.

I hate anime graphics and won't play any game that has that.

Indie retro games that don't even try to innovate and use 2d 16 bit graphics are trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong hipster
    Found the Sephiroth fan boy.