Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I completely agree. Paid for a few freehold power leveling runs, and bought my AotC. I just came back to WoW and like the voidwing, Paid 30k for it, totally worth it for me. Also allows me to get into pugs more easily by linking AotC and them thinking I actually know what I'm doing.

Wouldn't it just be easier to make all gear BoE at that point and let people buy it? If we're legitimizing a method for people to effectively buy gear, it seems silly to create an entire infrastructure for it rather than let them buy it directly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    I completely agree. Paid for a few freehold power leveling runs, and bought my AotC. I just came back to WoW and like the voidwing, Paid 30k for it, totally worth it for me. Also allows me to get into pugs more easily by linking AotC and them thinking I actually know what I'm doing.
    You are the poster child as to why carries are for bad players and a bad idea in general
    Taking shortcuts to get AOTC then go into runs and trash it because you dont know what you are doing.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    You are the poster child as to why carries are for bad players and a bad idea in general
    Taking shortcuts to get AOTC then go into runs and trash it because you dont know what you are doing.
    Except I don't trash them, I'm a former world top 50 player who quit in WoD. I bought AotC 2 weeks ago, but legit cleared it this week no problem. Its not like heroic is difficult this late into the tier.

Its also basically not possible to get into runs without it this late.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpbladez View Post
    Sellers want to get as much exposure as possible. That wont stop them from posting everywhere.
    that's only a problem because blizzard doesn't enforce the rules.

if there was a dedicated section of the group finder it would be much easier to enforce the rules in the unintended sections.

but doing that would require openly endorsing boosting, instead of just silently condoning it which they do now. and the PR department is probably not mentally prepared for that yet.

on the flipside: if they made a proper ingame tool for it, they could make it a goldsink by taking a percentage just like the AH does.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-09-17 at 12:48 AM.

This is assissinine. They should just be outlawed. If you cant do the content then you shouldn't be able to buy it.It just sets the scene for RMT.
    that ship has sailed since the introduction of the token. large scale boosting was the inevitable result.

10+ Year Old Account
    the fact that your queue is broadcast to all your friendlist would make a boost lfg highly unpopular...it would be better to have a service section on the AH,with contracts with specific criteria between the buyer and seller, kills, stats and achievements would work as flags, you would specify a max date for delivery of the boost, buying it would start it (if the buyer has enough gold, which will be locked) when the contract is filled then the gold is transferred from the buyer to the seller like when you complete a world quest; and you could cancel the contract at anytime, which would transfer some gold relative to what was done (5 arenas instead of 10 = half gold transferred)

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    Agreed. If they're not going to be outlawed, then they should just ignore anyone who talks about Mythic gear is *deserved*. No. It's not at all special. If it can be sold to anyone who wants it, then it should be given to all types of players via whatever quests would fit. Everyone likes gear, after all.

The whole *you don't deserve X because you don't do Y* line is just a stinky crock of shit now. The only reason they want to limit gear now, is so they can make gold selling it.
    It's also the way a lot of mythic guilds survive. Sell runs so you can bankroll the next tier. Mythic progression raiding can be expensive, you have massive gold buying operations by guilds like Method, this would only become worse without the ability to sell carries.

More like a poster child for why inviting someone shouldnt be based on whether they have the achievement

So cocaine is popular enough to be a huge market, should we legalize that too? Just going by the same mindset...
    if the government obviously turns a blind eye and condones it, then yes make it a legal and safe transaction (and tax it).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    Except I don't trash them, I'm a former world top 50 player who quit in WoD. I bought AotC 2 weeks ago, but legit cleared it this week no problem. Its not like heroic is difficult this late into the tier.

Its also basically not possible to get into runs without it this late.
    I get it. That isnt normally the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    More like a poster child for why inviting someone shouldnt be based on whether they have the achievement
    Both really. Thats what guilds are for.
    @KrimzinOG

Both really. Thats what guilds are for.
    bit of a double standard. boost for gold is bad, boost for friendship good?

if anything that incentives out of game transactions even more.

I like this idea, I've only ever bought a boost once and that was for my gf at the time because she really wanted the mount. But having them have a proper place with guarantees in place for both sides just makes sense. If Blizz aren't going to ban them, they may as well legitimise them. Gold has tonnes of uses in game for high end guilds that would be doing the boosts. Yes there are arguements for RMT, but if that's happening, then it's happening under the current system and the proposed one wouldn't change that.

If anything, it'd make it less likely to happen as there'd be more competition. Prices of boosts would likely drop, as well as Blizz being able to take a cut like the AH currently does. I personally can't see any downsides from adding this system. Any negatives from boosts existing already exist, but a system like this would definitely remove a few of them without adding any new.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Right now, you're supposed to only advertise paid carries in Trade chat. But the Group Finder is fucking full of people selling carries for gold. So, here's my proposed solution:

• A tab in the Group Finder for paid carries.
    • As a carrier, you post what dungeon you'll be running, and the price, per boss.
    • As a buyer, you accept an invite by paying the gold instantly through that UI, like the AH. No need for an additional trade window.
    • Gold drops for the carrier along with the loot of each boss.
    • If the buyer or carrier leave the party, the remaining gold is returned to the buyer in the mail.

Group Finder can go back to being an actual Group Finder in the main tab. Carry sellers can stop spamming Trade. Sellers are guaranteed to be paid by UI instead of the honor system. Ninjas are impossible. I see no flaws in this.
    Good idea, this is basically the same thinking behind the WoW token; get most of the shady people out of the business, that would screw people over, by setting conditions that the game will track to complete or pay back the contract. Blizzard would love this; they would sell more tokens; customer would see more options in a busy lifestyle to get that gear or mount bling, and mythic guilds as well as skilled pugs would be able to get gold for raiding, i.e. profession matt buying which would circulate through the economy.

Once the WoW token was put in the game the "pay to win" was destined to happen so get used to it or play another game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    bit of a double standard. boost for gold is bad, boost for friendship good?

if anything that incentives out of game transactions even more.
    Absolutely its a multiplayer game, meant to be played with people.
    Gold selling against EULA. Not all, but most carries are working with shady ass carry companies like Gallywix who turn around and sell the gold for cash.
    I message them all the time asking how much, just hoping they ask for RL $$$ so I can report them, hoping to get them banned.
    They are a cancer to the game. Period.
    @KrimzinOG

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Op....I like the idea that you present in your first post. I can visualize the trade window and the gold held in "escrow" disappearing as paid services are completed. I can also understand why it won't happen, but that doesn't mean that your concept isn't a good thought.
    Stay safe and have fun!

Absolutely its a multiplayer game, meant to be played with people.
    Gold selling against EULA. Not all, but most carries are working with shady ass carry companies like Gallywix who turn around and sell the gold for cash.
    I message them all the time asking how much, just hoping they ask for RL $$$ so I can report them, hoping to get them banned.
    They are a cancer to the game. Period.
    99% of the stuff that happens in gallywix/similar is legit. and with the token, it isn't going to go away either. and yes that means that periodically someone will get banned for eating fruit of the forbidden tree.

but let's be honest, most RMT stories the average person knows, isn't buying gold from china or buying arena rating, it's buying gametime or a transfer for a friend, doing ingame favors for out of game favors, sharing accounts, etc.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-09-17 at 03:05 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    99% of the stuff that happens in gallywix/similar is legit. and with the token, it isn't going to go away either. and yes that means that periodically someone will get banned for eating fruit of the forbidden tree.

but let's be honest, most RMT stories the average person knows, isn't buying gold from china or buying arena rating, it's buying gametime or a transfer for a friend, doing ingame favors for out of game favors, sharing accounts, etc.
    Ok.. Lets start by thinking this through.
    Gallywix is a business. Businesses are there for one reason, to make money. Money not in game gold. So they do sell carries for Real world currency, but the majority of it is for in game gold. Why in the hell would they need millions upon millions of gold in game? Hmmm.. only one reason. They sell it to Chinese Gold Sellers for Cash.

Oh ya. Here is where Blizzard banned a boatload of accounts tied to Gallywix.

https://blizzardwatch.com/2020/08/06...ix-banned-rmt/

So tell me again how they legit.

No one can be that Naive.
    @KrimzinOG

Those banned are the administration, who where selling gold for money, that all. The vast majority of boosters from gallywix aren't ban, because they didn't do RMT. Just because some people abuse the system doesn't mean the entire thing has to be ban.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might as well just sell those things on cash shop...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thorcall View Post
    Those banned are the administration, who where selling gold for money, that all. The vast majority of boosters from gallywix aren't ban, because they didn't do RMT. Just because some people abuse the system doesn't mean the entire thing has to be ban.
    I can confirm, made more than 10m from Gallywix and still not banned.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!