Page 1 of 2
LastLast

R.I.P Skill Dodge

New build removes it from death sweep sealing the final nail in the coffin to the most obnoxious ability in PvP. You won't be missed. It's insane a stayed alive all of BFA though.

Played arms warrior during one season of BfA. Every time they dodged my colossus smash due to sheer coincidence I didn't feel like playing anymore. Good ridance.

Quote Originally Posted by banelocky View Post
    Played arms warrior during one season of BfA. Every time they dodged my colossus smash due to sheer coincidence I didn't feel like playing anymore. Good ridance.

Like wise with 100% crit TV's with wings and wing procs.

As much as it felt bad to have your colossus smash or your kidney be evaded, I didn't mind it outside of meta. If you kept the cd in mind, then you'd know exactly when the next Blade Dance was going to come up - reminded me of fighting games where you needed to play around counters.

During meta, the ability had such a ridiculously low cd, it just made it frustrating to play against.

That being said, they went a bit too far. DH gets easily spanked by other melee now. Feels like justice, in a way, but then again, that's not how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodravel View Post
    As much as it felt bad to have your colossus smash or your kidney be evaded, I didn't mind it outside of meta. If you kept the cd in mind, then you'd know exactly when the next Blade Dance was going to come up - reminded me of fighting games where you needed to play around counters.

During meta, the ability had such a ridiculously low cd, it just made it frustrating to play against.

That being said, they went a bit too far. DH gets easily spanked by other melee now. Feels like justice, in a way, but then again, that's not how it should be.
    LOL, sure buddy.

Its fun playing a DH, not fun playing against one.

Imagine you having to do mental math to play against a DH, while they faceroll on their keyboard with 3 abilities and still beat you.

Get real.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaanuJaanu View Post
    LOL, sure buddy.

Imagine you having to do mental math to play against a DH, while they faceroll on their keyboard with 3 abilities and still beat you.

Get real.
    Of course, it must've slipped my mind that there's also people participating in PvP who have a hard time counting to single digit numbers.

The damage was a problem, but the utility can be dealt with... if you can spare the necessary mental faculties.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodravel View Post
    Of course, it must've slipped my mind that there's also people participating in PvP who have a hard time counting to single digit numbers.

The damage was a problem, but the utility can be dealt with... if you can spare the necessary mental faculties.
    Ya sure, When DHs are licking keyboards, everyone else must be doing mental math to counter them, nice logic.

Its not a problem playing one, it is a problem playing against/compete against one.

LOL, sure buddy.

Get real.
    Well, at least you don't have to worry about that anymore. DH's now have to worry about being 1 shot while providing no real damage...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Well, at least you don't have to worry about that anymore. DH's now have to worry about being 1 shot while providing no real damage...
    thanks blizzard, for bringing your babies in line with other classes.

Just like DK's back then, new golden boi of Blizzard had it's time to shine for 2 expansions, now it is time to bring this braindead OP shit back where it belongs.

thanks blizzard, for bringing your babies in line with other classes.
    Ahh yes, the other classes... with burst damage or survivability or more than 1 dps spec...

DH right now are so far below other classes it's unreal, but keep cheering because a DH once beat you in pvp.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Ya sure, When DHs are licking keyboards, everyone else must be doing mental math to counter them, nice logic.

Its not a problem playing one, it is a problem playing against/compete against one.
    Cooldown tracking is a part of mostly any pvp game ive ever played, WoW is no exception. Track when an iceblock is up, when a trinket was used, when evasion or smokebomb are coming off cooldown. Some attention to a cooldown is hardly mental math, you should play a DH if they are that faceroll easy because it seems thats how you want the whole game designed to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Definitely feels like the end of a golden age.

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    Cooldown tracking is a part of mostly any pvp game ive ever played, WoW is no exception. Track when an iceblock is up, when a trinket was used, when evasion or smokebomb are coming off cooldown. Some attention to a cooldown is hardly mental math, you should play a DH if they are that faceroll easy because it seems thats how you want the whole game designed to be.
    Yes, show me a pvper that tracks blade dance and i will show you 5 that don't, rofl. Comparing a 7 sec CD ability to ones on 2 min CD, shows how irrelevant you are.

Yes no shit, why do you keep reiterating it? its piss easy to play, mega annoying to play against. I do want the whole game to be even, I do not want one class to be faceroll, so yes I'm happy they got brought in line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Ahh yes, the other classes... with burst damage or survivability or more than 1 dps spec...

DH right now are so far below other classes it's unreal, but keep cheering because a DH once beat you in pvp.
    Welcome to the other side.
    Last edited by ShaanuJaanu; 2020-11-01 at 10:24 AM.

Yes, show me a pvper that tracks blade dance and i will show you 5 that don't, rofl. Comparing a 7 sec CD ability to ones on 2 min CD, shows how irrelevant you are.

Yes no shit, why do you keep reiterating it? its piss easy to play, mega annoying to play against. I do want the whole game to be even, I do not want one class to be faceroll, so yes I'm happy they got brought in line.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the other side.

That's where we differ, I don't want the whole game to be even. That would be boring. If there is one class that has an easier time, I don't care. A DH beats me, he surely doesn't do it entirely on account of his class being faceroll. It's either because his class hardcounters mine or because he put in the work. Both options are fine.

Perhaps you should've tried to play DH. Might've been right up your alley, skillwise.
    Last edited by Lodravel; 2020-11-03 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Definitely feels like the end of a golden age.
    When one falls many will takes it place

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally happy DH is getting put down towards the bottom for a bit, they where to good at to many things for to long, and required low skill to be competitive. Yes Yes I know we have other classes which also require low skill to play that are also sitting high right now, but they should also be brought down as well honestly. Back to demon hunter, while I haven't touched mine since 8.1 I do hope they are still fun to play, though I do also hope they don't see the top of the ladder again for some time.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, demon hunters have been too strong for far too long, while it wouldn't be okay for a class do dominate others.
    It would be easier to accept if the class actually required at least a little bit of skill, since they removed the need to keep momentum up, the class has been so boring in my opinion.
    I loved the early demon hunter, where you really could showcase your skill with momentum uptime and triangulating around the boss, fel rush to one edge, vault to the other edge, fel rush back, so cool!

I did try to play DH, my DH went to 2200 in 2 nights, my warrior is sub 1900 given that I play with different heal comp.

You might not want the whole game to be balanced, but I do. No its not okay for one class to be faceroll, its not like that faceroll class somehow only matches against other faceroll classes. They might beat you because they counter you/put in the work, they only beat me because how simple it is to play. You are DPSIng one guy down? press 2 buttons, oh you wanna cleave them with the healer? press the same 2 buttons? Oh wait, you also randomly dodged a stun pressing the same 2 buttons, you dodged a 5 combo finisher? didnt even have to do anything for it, do you wanna run away? press space twice. What a load of garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Trueskills View Post
    Yay, demon hunters have been too strong for far too long, while it wouldn't be okay for a class do dominate others.
    It would be easier to accept if the class actually required at least a little bit of skill, since they removed the need to keep momentum up, the class has been so boring in my opinion.
    I loved the early demon hunter, where you really could showcase your skill with momentum uptime and triangulating around the boss, fel rush to one edge, vault to the other edge, fel rush back, so cool!
    This Exactly.
    Last edited by ShaanuJaanu; 2020-11-03 at 05:13 PM.

PVP is irrelevant for me so I don't care.

they are complete shit in PVE currently.

time to reroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.