Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    curious of definition of balance in this case
    is it

*All classes are capable and wanted for all forms of PVP and PVE and able to perform well in them

or

*MY class does 2% less dps than Class Y AGAIN DAMN YOU BLIZZARD YOU RUINED IT

This is why there is so much negative sentiment about Monks right now.

A couple of months ago: "Wow Monks are the only spec with no blue post or major changes so far. I hope they manage to help Monks before the expansion comes"
    A few weeks ago: Blue post saying "We will work on Monks but we first have to get rid of their bugs so we can work on them properly. We will bring the new Monk changes in the next week"
    A couple of weeks later: "Monks are heavily nerfed now"
    Now: "Still no major changes, no buffs, no talent fixes, still 100% of the problems carried over from Legion and BFA. Also, they are now only doing a small number of minor balance changes"

This is why Monks are worried.
    -
    No good deed goes unpunished!
    -

It's almost like balancing is ongoing right up until Mythic raid launches.

Starting to think those X year member tags under people's names are lying.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What balancing? What are you talking about? Its not even prepatch yet, let alone release.
    Never seen this reply before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post

That was true until BFA, where Shamans, Druids, Priests, Warriors were told that they will be fixed in 8.1 because Blizzard ran out of time. Even worse, when 8.1 actually came, they were told again that they ran out of time due to Azerite trait balancing and the classes were given just number changes.

Loss of trust often results in these kinds of posts
    -
    No good deed goes unpunished!
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post

It's almost like someone always says this and basically nothing changes at all, especially for some classes that are completely broken or totally untouched. Specs that weren't even finished and get delayed and delayed until they redo them in .1 or .2 patches. How many expansions have you played that you're not aware of it? I think BFA was the first expansion that had the most blue posts for balance passes I'd ever seen after expansion launch, yes, yet plenty of specs still were forgotten.

It's like when they ask for beta feedback and listened to zero of it after every single beta. When, in PvP, there was a completely busted warrior/hunter comp that deleted people instantly that got through beta, through live, and wasn't changed very deep into the season. So, you know, people tend to be skeptical of balance despite "It's not even release patch lole" Benefit of the doubt only works if you have a history of following through early enough for it to matter
    Last edited by La; 2020-09-17 at 05:22 AM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    Never seen this reply before.
    What about my ACTUAL reply? When you selectively take one component of a quote and exclude everything around it, you look like the fool, not me:

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What balancing? What are you talking about? Its not even prepatch yet, let alone release. Now, i have a VERY different opinion when it comes to systems and gearing etc - those things dont change from beta usually, so thats a different story altogether. But balancing is literally just turning the nobs to make X hit for Z and Y hit for W. Im oversimplifying obviously, but thats what balancing is.

Now if you are talking about class design and the like, that aint changing much at all from now. I expect a few talents to be swapped around, but no major changes to any classes between now and launch. If you dont like the MW monk design at this stage, it isnt changing. They still have time to be working on some changes to legos, and that wouldnt surprise me at all.

Additionally, they will be working on things behind the scenes and no doubt have some changes in the works that we havnt heard a peep about, and wont until they have undergone internal testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Won't happen until the week after the raid goes live.
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by irollyo View Post
    Incredibly disappointed with class balancing so far
    That's probably because there hasn't fucking been any. Doing beta testing without an NDA is proving more and more each day to be a mistake, because people who have no idea what they're talking about feel the need to chime in with their valueless opinions.

And, before you all jump and screech about how there "has been balancing", it's a well established fact at this point that actual balance and tuning continues right up until Heroic week on live and sometimes even after that.

Quote Originally Posted by irollyo View Post
    From watching videos ( as i don't have beta)
    I mean for fuck's sake, seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    What? Blizzard has barely started doing any kind of tuning/balancing on the beta yet.
    They won't do basically any the entire time. They always put it off and then release it in shit state, then basically never tune it throughout. This has been happening the entirety of wow I can remember.

What? Blizzard has barely started doing any kind of tuning/balancing on the beta yet.
    lol.. the game is coming out in just over ONE month..

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    It's almost like someone always says this and basically nothing changes at all, especially for some classes that are completely broken or totally untouched. Specs that weren't even finished and get delayed and delayed until they redo them in .1 or .2 patches. How many expansions have you played that you're not aware of it? I think BFA was the first expansion that had the most blue posts for balance passes I'd ever seen after expansion launch, yes, yet plenty of specs still were forgotten.

It's like when they ask for beta feedback and listened to zero of it after every single beta. When, in PvP, there was a completely busted warrior/hunter comp that deleted people instantly that got through beta, through live, and wasn't changed very deep into the season. So, you know, people tend to be skeptical of balance despite "It's not even release patch lole" Benefit of the doubt only works if you have a history of following through early enough for it to matter
    Which classes are completely broken or untouched?

They've done a little bit of balancing but there's a lot still to be done. At the moment affliction locks, mages and shadow priests are doing really well on beta. I've been in a number of betas and the general rule is that classes that seem overpowered a month before release get the biggest nerf bat - and go from fotm to not played a lot. Think demonology locks before bfa - they dominated in bfa beta and were over nerfed and it took a long time before they were competitive again in Bfa. You can expect the nerf bat to hit affliction locks (I don't want that, I play a lock and a monk (healer and dps)). Im not a high end raider (my limit is heroic) so I have more freedom to pick classes based on their playstyle rather than performance ranking. I was going to drop lock - but affliction now plays closer to what it used to and is a style I really like. The Bfa incarnation of affliction lock made me want to abandon the class. I also like windwalker and monk healing. They are both playing well on beta but windwalker still seems like a spec that won't get picked a lot because of its dps ranking - while monk healers will be very good for mythic+ again.

Quote Originally Posted by InflaterMouse View Post
    Not sure you fully understand how long they have ALREADY been working on this....lol
    number tuning is ALWAYS done the final 1-2 weeks of prepatch and then there is always another big round of number tuning after the first raiding week of normal/heroic before mythic raid is released

Exactly. They are obviously waiting for the next expansion. The 10.0 one.

Do you read patch notes fella?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    IT is good, it would be a problem if it was balanced towards the first patches.

The game needs to be balanced towards the endgame of the expansion and not towards its first half.

Achieving full balance is impossible.

Just because specific specs are getting a large volume of changes doesn't mean they're in a good place.

Balance druids have had LOTS of changes over alpha/beta but the spec is still fairly meh at the minute, especially after the latest build which pushed through nerfs and questionable changes to Lunar Eclipse.

Number tweaking will continue all the way to S1, I'll certainly keep my options open with alts in case shit hits the fan but it's far too early for doom and gloom.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Just because specific specs are getting a large volume of changes doesn't mean they're in a good place.

Balance druids have had LOTS of changes over alpha/beta but the spec is still fairly meh at the minute, especially after the latest build which pushed through nerfs and questionable changes to Lunar Eclipse.

Number tweaking will continue all the way to S1, I'll certainly keep my options open with alts in case shit hits the fan but it's far too early for doom and gloom.
    O love how people complain about balance yet they have absolutly nothing but their own speculation on it. You have no numbers, you havent played beta with its all systems at all yet somehow you all claim pretty much every single class as unbalanced. I really wonder where do you get your data.

Class balancing? Where?

Wasn't it said more balancing is coming? I am still waiting for that, we're just about over a month from launch and they still have done almost nothing in that regard. Plus a ton of not working or incredibly useless Covenant skills.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I agree with this, it is discouraging when I open most YT videos to get the lowdown on how a spec/class is looking for shadowlands (I'm still looking for a new main) and the first thing I hear is, "If you liked how they played in BfA you are going to enjoy this..".

I didn't in fact enjoy most of the class designs in BfA most feel very bland and boring and not engaging at all imho.
    This is basically every spec besides Shadow Priest.
    _______

People that keep saying it's just beta (when we're just over a month from launch) amaze me.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again