Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Considering 10 years ago we didn't have borrowed powers that systems that completely wrecked havoc upon class balance, yes I do.

It sure as shit was more fun back then in terms of class design/balance.
    Tier sets were borrowed power and destroyed balance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The game is more balanced these days than it has ever been. People here can't see the forest for the trees because if their spec isn't at the top or in the top 5, the game is "unbalanced".

To think that the game was somehow more balanced before WoD shows just how new you guys are to the game.
    This thread reminds me of the comic that had every Dps perfectly balanced, but warrior players bitching because they were bottom and DKs were top due to alphabetical order.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Tier sets were borrowed power and destroyed balance.
    Out of interest, when do you believe the game was the most balanced?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Out of interest, when do you believe the game was the most balanced?
    Probably Cata

Quote Originally Posted by ketsui View Post
    these threads always make me laugh, people still don't understand the definition of a beta. here is a little secret, shadowlands isn't released yet
    Not that many major systems are ever reworked or adjusted in Beta. Its small tuning issues. Major reworks happen in Alpha and With Blizzard later patches . The game is pretty much done and will launch as is . Right now its minor bugs etc. As I feared SL wont be worth playing until 9.1 or 9.2 at least
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Not that many major systems are ever reworked or adjusted in Beta. Its small tuning issues. Major reworks happen in Alpha and With Blizzard later patches . The game is pretty much done and will launch as is . Right now its minor bugs etc. As I feared SL wont be worth playing until 9.1 or 9.2 at least
    I think they could clamp down on it if they scale down their systems a bit. Make conduits give a flat amount of main stats for example rather then percentage increases. That said I don't really think they are willing to gut their new systems given how much focus and attention they received during development.

Quote Originally Posted by LostLocket View Post
    I think they could clamp down on it if they scale down their systems a bit. Make conduits give a flat amount of main stats for example rather then percentage increases. That said I don't really think they are willing to gut their new systems given how much focus and attention they received during development.
    IMHO this is the problem with Ion and why he needs to go. Over promising and under delivering constantly . Ever since he has taken over they keep trying to re-invet the wheel with ever more complicated systems that just dont pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    IMHO this is the problem with Ion and why he needs to go. Over promising and under delivering constantly . Ever since he has taken over they keep trying to re-invet the wheel with ever more complicated systems that just dont pan out.
    I mean this has been a problem since legion to me I don't think it is fair to place the blame on anyone person. I just think the notion that there should be a ever increasing resource to supplement leveling will always run into issues like this. I personally see the solution of returning to a pre legion style end game one that relies on gear rather then secondary resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Remember folks. We forfeit a new playable class because they would be too busy "fixing classes."
    This should be a daily reminder.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Remember folks. We forfeit a new playable class because they would be too busy "fixing classes."
    Ahh yes. Because the People complaining about Balance wouldn't totally be screaming "OMG WHY ADD A NEW CLASS WHEN YOU CANT BALANCE THE ONES WE HAVE!!" either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    "Don't worry, it's just Beta"
    10 years huh, must be a glutton for punishment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    This should be a daily reminder.
    one that means nothing. but hey, at least its something.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Ahh yes. Because the People complaining about Balance wouldn't totally be screaming "OMG WHY ADD A NEW CLASS WHEN YOU CANT BALANCE THE ONES WE HAVE!!" either way.
    Balance gets used wrong. Its not a issue of balancing, its a issue of class design thats the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I mean a better question is what would a new class bring to the table that was unique and missing in wow?

Every time a thread comes up the new class ideas always just seem like ripoffs of other classes or would be utterly broken in a game that relies on LoS. There are 36 specs it is getting very hard to fit 2-3 more playstyles in there.

Yeah WoW has plenty of classes. More doesn't make things better, just more complicated.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I really hope next xpac they just slap an NDA on beta and people can shut the fuck up until the game releases. It's cancerous how every Avenue of discussing WoW is overrun with this bs. People don't seem to realise that Blizzard are builds ahead of beta with balance changes, they are just farming data for now. Class balance is irrelevant until S1 starts. If you're in beta, give your feedback ingame. If you're not in beta and just parroting what preach or asmongold or any of the 'pushing drama and gloom gets clicks' content creators then do everyone a favour and stfu.

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    I really hope next xpac they just slap an NDA on beta and people can shut the fuck up until the game releases. It's cancerous how every Avenue of discussing WoW is overrun with this bs. People don't seem to realise that Blizzard are builds ahead of beta with balance changes, they are just farming data for now. Class balance is irrelevant until S1 starts. If you're in beta, give your feedback ingame. If you're not in beta and just parroting what preach or asmongold or any of the 'pushing drama and gloom gets clicks' content creators then do everyone a favour and stfu.
    Why would you say something so controversial and yet so brave?

Ngl, agree with all of this

If you think an NDA works on something as big as the beta then boy are you naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Class design has been shit since BFA because of the reasons we lose legiondaries and artifact weapons, which were the main core to our class design, which by the way is an epic fail concept to begin with. Sure some of them were passive and quite frankly un noticeable (unholy dk for example) with double doom and DT pet popping wounds.

Then that shit gets baked into talents and things really start to make sense and my character starts to feel dull and downgraded.

This "borrowed power" needs to stop, go back to when we got gear to modify our numbers, not our mechanics.
    Tehy were not core desing of our class and classe feel just fine. Stop mistaking doing high enough dmg with class desing they are 2 completly different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    If you think an NDA works on something as big as the beta then boy are you naive.
    Why? I don't care about 'leaks'. It's the top players / content creators that will keep quiet, which are the ones everyone else are copying opinions of to moan about. Sure things will leak here and there, the state of classes and balance won't.

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    Why? I don't care about 'leaks'. It's the top players / content creators that will keep quiet, which are the ones everyone else are copying opinions of to moan about. Sure things will leak here and there, the state of classes and balance won't.
    Why? the content creator doesn't join the beta. Isn't bound by the NDA and then uses someone else to play the beta for them, producing the same content but with "a reliable source told me".

If you try to take away those creators livelihood expect them to try and find ways around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Why? the content creator doesn't join the beta. Isn't bound by the NDA and then uses someone else to play the beta for them, producing the same content but with "a reliable source told me".

If you try to take away those creators livelihood expect them to try and find ways around it.
    Because the content creators will not want to piss Blizzard off. It's likely Blizzard will let them show parts of the game. An NDA doesn't have to ban everything. If the content creator wants to piss around they won't see much Blizzard love, and that will seriously hurt their livelihood. So try again.