Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Post Is this bannable and aginst the ToS? Pls help

Hey everyone. As you know the long-boi is going away soon, so I've been saving up enough real life money to but it with WoW-tokens.

But I can only buy 20 wow tokens in a week.

So my question is, can my friend buy wow tokens on HIS account with MY card, and trade me gold in-game?

I am NOT asking if blizzard can detect it, but I am asking if it's aginst the ToS. Because I don't wanna do anything criminal

Sorry for stupid threat and thanks for the help

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, yeah.

All he has to do is add your credit card information on the battle.net account details page (under his account of course) and once he buys and sells all of the tokens, he can just trade you the gold.

I don't think it's against the ToS as the process of purchasing a token with your own money is still being done, so it shouldn't matter whose credit card is being used. For all Blizzard knows, your his dad and he's using his dad's card.

So I assume it would have to go:

- give friend your card information
    - friend updates his account information (on battle.net) to your card information
    - friend logs into game
    - friend buys tokens from in-game store

That should be legal... then again I don't read the ToS so who knows.

...OH NO! I've typed all of this out; now Blizzard will see it and be aware of your ploy. You better hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I mean, yeah.

All he has to do is add your credit card information on the battle.net account details page (under his account of course) and once he buys and sells all of the tokens, he can just trade you the gold.

I don't think it's against the ToS as the process of purchasing a token with your own money is still being done, so it shouldn't matter whose credit card is being used. For all Blizzard knows, your his dad and he's using his dad's card.

So I assume it would have to go:

- give friend your card information
    - friend updates his account information (on battle.net) to your card information
    - friend logs into game
    - friend buys tokens from in-game store

That should be legal... then again I don't read the ToS so who knows.

...OH NO! I've typed all of this out; now Blizzard will see it and be aware of your ploy. You better hurry.
    Thanks a million for the response

Quote Originally Posted by Xi Jinping View Post
    Thanks a million for the response
    Hooold on a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    From Blizzard's perspective, it's a massive transaction of gold. From one account not affilliated with and to the other. That WILL raise some eyebrows. That CAN cause an investigation. That MAY lead to a ban, especially if it's on the same creditcard. Imagine the accounts having 2 different cards attached for 2 years, exclusively paying with their own card, and then suddenly one card is paying for an insane amount of tokens on the other? Yeah...

My suggestion would be to not do this without specifically clearing it with Blizz first.

And general rule of thumb: If you are insecure and have to ask if it's bannable, it most likely will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Hooold on a bit!

From Blizzard's perspective, it's a massive transaction of gold. From one account not affilliated with and to the other. That WILL raise some eyebrows. That CAN cause an investigation. That MAY lead to a ban, especially if it's on the same creditcard. Imagine the accounts having 2 different cards attached for 2 years, exclusively paying with their own card, and then suddenly one card is paying for an insane amount of tokens on the other? Yeah...

My suggestion would be to not do this without specifically clearing it with Blizz first.

And general rule of thumb: If you are insecure and have to ask if it's bannable, it most likely will be.
    You really think they'd care hes buying gold FROM blizz to buy a mount they intentionally made "scarce" by removing it from the game for no good reason. This is exactly what they want people to do; catch a bad case of fomo and do irrational things like spend money they dont have on a mount that (I believe) gives almost no benefit.

Your fine anyone who thinks your gonna get banned is a moron.

Your not gonna flag anything. Your not setting off the nuke alarm in blizzards headquarters.

Any horror story about getting banned like that is bs from people who bought gold from some chinese site trying to make it seem legit.

Use official channels and through blizzard you will be fine.

I think you can have issues because it can be viewed as an attempt to circumvent the cap. Why not just make another account and buy the tokens from that account? involving two accounts from different owners can seems suspect.

5+ Year Old Account
    Wait do you really need that much gold for the mount?

Just buy the gold and it will be a few hundred dollars cheaper. It's what i did. Having a portable AH is totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Wait do you really need that much gold for the mount?
    The mount is 5m gold

Quote Originally Posted by Brash View Post
    You really think they'd care hes buying gold FROM blizz
    Doing it like this? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brash View Post
    You really think they'd care hes buying gold FROM blizz
    They have to care because if they don't, and the credit card usage is fraudulent, it would result in charge backs and if it happens too often, problems with the payment providers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, right to jail.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Yes. Ion himself is coming to kick you in the nuts.

You can gift B-net balance to other players. While this is a grey area (Him redeeming the tokens and giving you the gold), the credit card wouldn't be used on two different accounts.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xi Jinping View Post
    Hey everyone. As you know the long-boi is going away soon, so I've been saving up enough real life money to but it with WoW-tokens.

But I can only buy 20 wow tokens in a week.

So my question is, can my friend buy wow tokens on HIS account with MY card, and trade me gold in-game?

I am NOT asking if blizzard can detect it, but I am asking if it's aginst the ToS. Because I don't wanna do anything criminal

Sorry for stupid threat and thanks for the help
    as long as the gold is legit then yeah. make sure he is on your bnet friends list and all that shit. however if I were you I would get your friend to use his card and you pay him back instantly (or even beforehand). this is of course assuming he has a card

You could create another Account and add it to your Bnet and then youve got twice the limit.

Only downside is it would need membership and possibly the xpac, so theres a cost.
    But then, youve got 2 accounts.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Yes. Ion himself is coming to kick you in the nuts.
    now that would be a hell of a bad dream lol

I wouldn't worry about this at all. Even if the large transaction between you and your friend flags you, and even if they investigate it to the point of noticing that the same credit card was used to buy the gold, and even in the extremely unlikely case that they then decide to take action against you. At most expect a warning, but don't worry they won't do that.

Now if you have been banned for botting before, or your account is constantly reported and warned/disciplined for toxicity, or something similar, then yes I wouldn't do this because these things add up and get your account more attention. But even in this case I would argue that you should still go for it if you want that mount, because a ban is small and temporary but the mount will be gone forever.

Quote Originally Posted by RayenDark View Post
    You can gift B-net balance to other players. While this is a grey area (Him redeeming the tokens and giving you the gold), the credit card wouldn't be used on two different accounts.
    This is a better solution. Trading large sums of gold shouldn't be an issue.

Will raise a few flags when they detect how much golds being traded between the two of you. I had a account banned in vanilla for sending my dad gold to buy his epic mount. Was eventually overturned (a month later!)but it was a fucking nightmare to get those assholes to reverse their position on it.