Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    I was kind of expecting them to redesign Searing Totem while keeping the idea of a totem that spits a lot of fire at something. Maybe it would be a light CD that rapid-fired a ton of fire shots over a tiny duration at an enemy before puffing out of existence while being able to kinda be useful in soloing for holding an extra add for a bit while you placed a totem highway and kited or something. The concept of a totem that sits there and just does basically auto-attacks and doesn't live further than one auto is kind of useless for much else besides free damage on something that is maybe getting LoS'd I guess? In which case it does kind of suck when the enemy gets aggro on a weak totem and snuffs it instantly unless your goal is to get out of dodge or something - but that's probably more what something like Stoneclaw totem used to be used for and did a better job of it. So I guess if we're thinking of Searing Totem utility maybe we should be thinking of it more like Treants for Balance where Searing and/or Stoneclaw totem could be a minor taunt CD to help the tank out. I do agree that the current iteration of Searing Totem as just something to maintain for some extra flat damage, a friend by your side spewing fire periodically as a friendly effect is kind of nice in just having totems nearby and that being nice for its own sake, but totems should probably maintain some semblance of utility like they have been going forward I think.

  2. #22
    Enh PvP shouldn't be balanced around searing totem keeping you in combat, it clearly wasn't intended purpose of that totem anyway.

    I don't want enh to be viable PvP spec because of stupid gimmicks like this, give the spec a proper attention from PvP balance team instead.

    Oh and as someone who mains enhance since WotLK I absolutely don't want any damage dealing totem back in a shape we used to have (searing or magma). They have always been clunky, stationary, easy to destroy, hard to keep track of in high movement fights (is it still in range? Do I need to put down a new one?) Or whack a mole arena gameplay. No thanks.
    Last edited by melzas; 2020-09-27 at 11:58 AM.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Enh PvP shouldn't be balanced around searing totem keeping you in combat, it clearly wasn't intended purpose of that totem anyway.

    I don't want enh to be viable PvP spec because of stupid gimmicks like this, give the spec a proper attention from PvP balance team instead.

    Oh and as someone who mains enhance since WotLK I absolutely don't want any damage dealing totem back in a shape we used to have (searing or magma). They have always been clunky, stationary, easy to destroy, hard to keep track of in high movement fights (is it still in range? Do I need to put down a new one?) Or whack a mole arena gameplay. No thanks.
    tbh capability to keep enemy in combat is huge against rogues, although last iteration of searing was awful so im rather sure it would not help with that to much, 20 sec duration, 40 sec cd, 5 hp
    Would like to meet a rogue that would feel that its a big problem to him ;P

    "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

  4. #24
    Thank god it's gone.

  5. #25
    You were excited to hear about Searing Totem?


    SEARING TOTEM??

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You were excited to hear about Searing Totem?


    SEARING TOTEM??
    There are ways to make searing totem good but blizzard will not pull the trigger with our current toolkit. Back when all we did was lightning bolt spam, back when CL had a CD, back when there was no lava burst, Back before earthquake was a spell, searing totem had a place in our damage abilites. But it doesnt anymore unless they give it a boost in damage or multi target capabilities on a cd. But they wont do it. We have too many other abilities that fill those rolls now.

  7. #27
    I dont know where is the difference between Searing Totem and a Dot that has no CD and just doing damage, without effecting anything at all. Its the same. So i was happy about searing totem aswell. Sad its gone already.

  8. #28
    I'm going to take a wild guess that searing totem was removed because it was a boring ability that felt bad, TBH. A small amount of damage over time that you have to constantly move and refresh because it's stationary, attacks randomly (often without your consent), and dies when something sneezes on it? No thanks.

    Of all the cool abilities I wanted to see them bring back, searing totem really wasn't one of them.

  9. #29
    Honestly, I do feel like I've lost something "Shaman" by not having a single maintenance totem as ele anymore. They reverted searing and removed TM going into Shadowlands.

    That's not to say I want a ton of damage tied to some totem. Ideally searing would have been worth barely more than 1-2 Lightning Bolts. I'm just saying that I do like the idea of having a little stick buddy next to me all the time. Part of the appeal of each different Shaman race is their totem appearance, and now totems have become purely utility.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    I dont know where is the difference between Searing Totem and a Dot that has no CD and just doing damage, without effecting anything at all. Its the same. So i was happy about searing totem aswell. Sad its gone already.
    well there is couple issues actually with extra weak dot tied to 5hp immovable stick with extra 20 sec duration/40 sec cd tied to it :P
    it has a lot interaction before with other skills/talents + no cd and possibility to move it on demand and we still wasen`t to happy with it

    "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •