Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I'm about 95% sure that American democracy just died today.

They will put a lunatic on the court who will rubber stamp whatever.

The GOP will torpedo the elections come November, contest it, drag it to the SCOTUS who will then hand the Presidency to Trump (keep in mind they have already done this once back in 2000 under a lot less shady circumstances).

And then the arrests for "sedition" can begin.
    Then we’ll deal with that if it comes. But like I said, they want despair and defeat. And I ain’t giving them the satisfaction.

The republicans are not more popular in the US. Trump does not hold the hearts and minds of the people. Every metric and every poll shows him unequivocally trailing. If democrats can get out the vote, the a trump defeat is assured. If there is contention because of his attempts at mail-in malfeasance, keep in mind that these matters don’t go straight to the Supreme Court. If they’re challenged on a state-by-state basis, then they’re ruled on as such. And not every court on the way is stocked in trumps favor.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Democrats need to put in all their effort to smear and block any Candidate Chosen by Trump.

The GOP are beyond corrupt and deplorable racists.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    An amazing person who put everything she had into making this country a better place.

Rest In Power.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    We are already there we are the minority in the court. Trump electing another nut job may actually force Democrats to fix our judicial system. The whole concept of lifetime appointments is crazy to me these people can't turn on their PCs by themselves deciding on technology.
    I disagree that we're already there; Roberts at least has integrity in my opinion. Now, they won't even need him.

lol some geezer on fox news saying sieze the moment and end roe v wade

not even 20 mins later lmao

FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK

RIP to RBG

Also, vote, and hope that somehow McConnell can’t get someone through before Jan.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

I suspect Justice John Roberts will move to the left to preserve the balance.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I disagree, Roberts at least has integrity in my opinion. Now, they won't even need him.
    He votes with them 99 out of 100, he is only concerned about his legacy.

We are already there we are the minority in the court. Trump electing another nut job may actually force Democrats to fix our judicial system. The whole concept of lifetime appointments is crazy to me these people can't turn on their PCs by themselves deciding on technology.
    Roberts is the only conservative judge that could be hoped to rule to protect the elections in November. Him with the remaining 3 liberal judges will now be overruled by the solid majority of 3 guaranteed lunatics Alito, Thomas and Kavanaugh +whatever lunatic will replace RBG.

Gorsuch is the only one that could possibly rule with Roberts, but that's a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK

RIP to RBG

Also, vote, and hope that somehow McConnell can’t get someone through before Jan.
    He will but Susan Collins, Tom Tillis can kiss their Senate seats goodbye with that vote.

7+ Year Old Account
    May she rest in peace. The US and really the world lost a great legal mind. It was sadly inevitable the moment her cancer metastasized.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2020-09-19 at 12:23 AM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

He will but Susan Collins, Tom Tillis can kiss their Senate seats goodbye with that vote.
    Collins is likely gone anyway, given recent polling.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    lol some geezer on fox news saying sieze the moment and end roe v wade

not even 20 mins later lmao
    They haven't really made it a secret that they're stacking the courts to end abortion and gay marriage. It's just suddenly it seems far more likely that they'll be able to do it.

Apparently both Romney and Murkowski have committed to NOT confirming a new Justice until after the inauguration.

All eyes on Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Collins is likely gone anyway, given recent polling.
    It's still close but my point is they will get a supreme court judge and we will get the senate because all the swing state republicans will have to fall on their swords to do this. The supreme court is already lost in my book not a bad trade and this will force the next democratic president to do something about the courts.

Time for freedom to die for some 30 years I guess.

And more to the point, Dems will have ZERO compunctions in stacking the court next time they can, if McConnell shoves a justice through now
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Apparently both Romney and Murkowski have committed to NOT confirming a new Justice until after the inauguration.

All eyes on Collins.
    Collins is very concerned and is sure Trump learned his lesson from Kavanaugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    And more to the point, Dems will have ZERO compunctions in stacking the court next time they can
    yup win win.

10+ Year Old Account

All eyes on Collins.
    Her numbers suck, she's probably fucked, so she doesn't have any skin in the game about this election. She'll vote where it'll get her the most money after her election loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    This is the long game the republicans have been playing. Trump is a passing useful idiot for them to cram through as many long-term appointments as possible.

All of you “woke progressives” and “Bernie or bust bro’s” out there that don’t think that Biden is or Hillary was “progressive” enough... THIS is what seeing your agenda set back by decades looks like.

Now, your progressive ideals that you refused to take an inch on because it wasn’t a mile may very well simply die at the Supreme Court level. For the next 20-30 years.
    Come the fuck off it.

HILLARY WON THE MAJORITY and the voting outcome frankly came down to three states and a few ten thousand votes in areas that aren't even all that progressive to begin with" So trying to blame it on "progressives" is stupid.

Why not blame it on all the people voting for fucking crazy republicans? We literally now have a QANON person! Did progressives do that?