Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Konthos View Post
    You are literally coming up with things that dont exist.
    There is nothing in the EULA that forces Blizzard to give that warning for PvP seasons, and if you actually had gone through the trouble of looking through the history of end of season announcements, you would know that PLENTY of them were actually one week before (2 resets, usually announced monday and ending the next tuesday) the end of the season.
    Not that I dont believe you, but can you provide some "proof" of this. I looked and couldn't find much on the topic. Would be nice to know (for a fact) that 8 days is something they have done in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by newt0n View Post
    Not that I dont believe you, but can you provide some "proof" of this. I looked and couldn't find much on the topic. Would be nice to know (for a fact) that 8 days is something they have done in the past.
    Ill give you a pretty recent example which will be easier to find:
    BfA season 3 end was announced January 6, and ended on the 14th.
    And keep in mind im not saying this because i believe we will get an announcement tomorrow or that the pre-patch will be on the 29th, i just dont like when people start coming up with things to justify their point.
    The "Blizzard always announces End of Season 14 days before the end" thing is not a rule, never has been, they do tend to do it 2 resets before the end, which can be anywhere between 8-14 days.
    Last edited by Konthos; 2020-09-20 at 08:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't this proven to have nothing to do with anything back in legion?
    Well just checked the Xorothian Cultists on broken shore and their cast ends on 7th October (eu)

Quote Originally Posted by Konthos View Post
    Ill give you a pretty recent example which will be easier to find:
    BfA season 3 end was announced January 6, and ended on the 14th.
    And keep in mind im not saying this because i believe we will get an announcement tomorrow or that the pre-patch will be on the 29th, i just dont like when people start coming up with things to justify their point.
    The "Blizzard always announces End of Season 14 days before the end" thing is not a rule, never has been, they do tend to do it 2 resets before the end, which can mean anywhere between 8-14 days.
    Very well, thats enough for me. Thanks for the quick reply. Here's to hoping for an announcement tomorrow about season end / pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    like already said, 1 week is more than enough for a pre patch that doesn't include things like alts level farming.
    the 6th october release date is getting less and less likely.
    13 or 20 of october might actually be true. shadowlands and class tuning just feels far from finished at this point.
    That is coming from a position of being able to play the game a lot. You do know there are people that play this game with less time on their hands. That's one. Secondly, for guild masters like myself the pre patch is a very fruitful time for recruitment and aside from that casual fun content to do with your guild. Just because you bore yourself out in a week does not mean others will or will have the time to play the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Pretty sure starting with BfA there is no physical print discs. Maybe even legion, but i just remember this exact convo from BfA.
    Legion had one with the collector's edition, BfA didn't.
    Can't you buy it stand alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    Legion had one with the collector's edition, BfA didn't.
    Can't you buy it stand alone?
    I've seen people saying you can't even buy a standard edition physical with SL.

So originally I was thinking September 29th/30th due to the usual 4 week pre-patch that we get.

Though I forgot all about Brewfest being active now which doesn't end until the 6th/7th. So that alone puts pre-patch in at October 6th/7th at the earliest now as they won't (or have they ever) interrupted an in-game event to launch an expansion/pre-patch. Especially one of this magnitude where we get de-leveled and de-scaled which alone could break aspects of the event (particularly Coren).

I think it's also been spotted that the cultists are now counting down as well.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Imma gonna say we have to wait until after brewfest
    Brewfest doesn't matter. Hell the expansion itself is dropping in the middle of the Halloween event.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Brewfest doesn't matter. Hell the expansion itself is dropping in the middle of the Halloween event.
    Though the pre-patch already has almost all the expansion content built-in, and all they do when the expansion officially launches are flipping one switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Hope I get more than 2 weeks to try out the new changes and decide class. Im one of the lucly few who will play one of the classes who acctually got some changes, lol
    Hop on on PTR honestly.
    Tho dont rely a lot on pre-patch. Pre-patch just gives you a general feel of core class, however its not a complete picture.

You are missing Legendaries, which, for some classes change core rotation a lot, Soulbinds, Conduicts and, to some extend, Covenant abilities, again some of which change core rotations.

Also, while we lose all corruptions when pre-patch lands, essences and aTraits still remain active untill we move into SL, so theres that too.

For instance, while Survival hunter more or less plays the same on BfA, PTR and beta, Enhance Shammy branches off to two different builds unlocked by legendaries.
    DKs also have funky time with some covenant abilities, mainly night fae version of DnD, while rogues gameplay changes slightly depending on selected covenant and its cAbility

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    So originally I was thinking September 29th/30th due to the usual 4 week pre-patch that we get.

Though I forgot all about Brewfest being active now which doesn't end until the 6th/7th. So that alone puts pre-patch in at October 6th/7th at the earliest now as they won't (or have they ever) interrupted an in-game event to launch an expansion/pre-patch. Especially one of this magnitude where we get de-leveled and de-scaled which alone could break aspects of the event (particularly Coren).

First, cultists were proven to provide no relevant information back in Legion. Second, the expansion itself is launching in the middle of Hallows End event. Third, the items from Brewfest would scale down just as easily as every other item in the game, no extra work of overthinking needed here. I am not saying it WONT be on the 6th. I am just saying it doesnt HAVE to be.

First, cultists were proven to provide no relevant information back in Legion. Second, the expansion itself is launching in the middle of Hallows End event. Third, the items from Brewfest would scale down just as easily as every other item in the game, no extra work of overthinking needed here. I am not saying it WONT be on the 6th. I am just saying it doesnt HAVE to be.
    It's not item scaling that would cause the issue. It is the boss itself. First off they would have to alter the event to realize 50 is the cap and not 60 even though a lot of the stuff in-game will register 60. Otherwise the bags you receive wouldn't be able to have the mount. Then next we have boss scaling which we've already seen in beta older content is a crapshow and some of it one shotting us and stuff. So there are a lot of issues there alone.

As for Hallow's end that is always a possibility they release it during Hallow's End, but there is always the chance that if they do it on the 6th they may delay the expansion a week too. Not saying they will, but the possibility there is. Until we get dates and actual launches on said dates everything is always up in the air.

It's not item scaling that would cause the issue. It is the boss itself. First off they would have to alter the event to realize 50 is the cap and not 60 even though a lot of the stuff in-game will register 60. Otherwise the bags you receive wouldn't be able to have the mount. Then next we have boss scaling which we've already seen in beta older content is a crapshow and some of it one shotting us and stuff. So there are a lot of issues there alone.

As for Hallow's end that is always a possibility they release it during Hallow's End, but there is always the chance that if they do it on the 6th they may delay the expansion a week too. Not saying they will, but the possibility there is. Until we get dates and actual launches on said dates everything is always up in the air.
    The expansion is not being delayed. They have made a commitment to deliver the expansion on the 27th October. Changing that would affect daily stock price and customer satisfaction.

They know that people book time off of work in order to play games. Even with many working from home, people still generally have to tell their boss that they're not gonna be available for a time. They know that many people will have already committed that time to playing the expansion when it is released.

Player scaling is possible (see Party Sync, as well as PVP below the max level bracket - everyone gets scaled to the max level of that bracket). Mob scaling is possible (see Timewalking + rare mobs vs multiple players). These systems together disprove the claims that Coren wouldn't work.

Developers are not manually scaling every mob. The calculation is based on the maximum attainable player level, which can be changed in server configuration and is not hard-linked to the client. New level caps are feature promises, and not technical restrictions - if they were, we wouldn't ever see level cap change. They help to sell people on the future of the product - "Levelling will be easier with 60 less levels!" or "You're getting 10 more levels which will give you a new level cap with power never seen before!".

Hotfixes are a thing. Coren will be hotfixed if he is overtuned for the patch. A project manager would make a ticket for the work to be done, they'd then put a junior dev on that task, and devops would roll out the hotfix once it's reviewed and approved by senior developers. Any new instances spawned after the hotfix is implemented would have the boss scaled correctly. This is how software development works.
    Last edited by C20; 2020-09-20 at 10:08 PM.

It definitely wont be till after arena championships on the 26th, so im guessing it'll drop on the 29th

Well, SL is dropping in the middle of Hallow's End so that's something.

And there's like 0% chance they delay the expansion at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    how long are you playing wow ? when i look at this account creation time, not that long, i assume.

why i askin this ? bc otherwise you would know why they HAVE to give a approp warning time of 12-14 days before end of season. pro tip: read their EULA carefully and get a little bit knowledge of law and contracts rights. you will understand vey fast, why they do that in general and why they rather prefer a pre patch of 1 week, before ever give end of season warnings of 3 days. hint: pre patch is not part of any law affine stuff and a lawyer can do nothing against that. its completely on blizzards side, when and how to release the next xpac. this year or 2027. with or without a pre patch. of 1 week or 4 weeks. thats completely under blizzrads control and there are no user license agreements that have any term about this into it. season is not.
    They don't have to do anything lol... What are you smoking?
    I read the EULA and TOS, says nothing about it.
    Could you be specific and point out where they say they have to announce pre patch or end of season, in any way shape or form, that you imply?
    I'll wait.

Also, for shit and giggles, can you find me a lawyer that would do anything about a game announcement? Or rather someone willing to take that on lol...
    I'll wait for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    They don't have to do anything lol... What are you smoking?
    I read the EULA and TOS, says nothing about it.
    Could you be specific and point out where they say they have to announce pre patch or end of season, in any way shape or form, that you imply?
    I'll wait.

Also, for shit and giggles, can you find me a lawyer that would do anything about a game announcement? Or rather someone willing to take that on lol...
    I'll wait for that too.
    Do you think this guy actually understands End User License Agreements or anything remotely legal related with the way he spells and formats his thoughts? The guy is very clearly blowing smoke up everyone's ass, including his own. Disregard and move on, lol

Do you think this guy actually understands End User License Agreements or anything remotely legal related with the way he spells and formats his thoughts? The guy is very clearly blowing smoke up everyone's ass, including his own. Disregard and move on, lol
    Of course not but it would be mildly entertaining to see him try :P

I mean, if you read the eula it basically just lists all the ways in which blizzard can do pretty much whatever it wants and if you dont like it the only thing you can do is to stop using their services

but on topic specifically (emphasis mine):

Alterations to the Platform. Blizzard may change, modify, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Platform or Accounts at any time, including removing items, or revising the effectiveness of items in an effort to balance a Game. Blizzard may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts or all of the Platform or Accounts without notice or liability.